Kirkintilloch Rob Roy 2016/17

LeeKRR1878

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Absolute shambolic decision from the referee to award a penalty for what was a clear dive and to make it worse not even in the box, Gary Mac ex Nock player thought he was going to book the RR player for diving and he had a clear view. As for the rest of the game, first 15 mins I ,thought there's no way this team are sitting top of the league and we'd win comfortably Cumnock should have scored during this period when McRobbie was through on goal but all credit to RR they took control of the game after this. Second half really only one team it with Cumnock missing a host of chances especially after the assault which led to the straight red card.The pitch by the way was almost as bad as the referee

Agree it was soft a thought a nil nil would have been fairer we had depleted team today and several players played through the flu to their credit so a welcome 3 points don't think Cumnock have anything to worry about

On 05/12/2016 at 11:30, Team Player said:

Game at a time,each game can be won or lost! but If we go into each game with the attitude and will to win that's the main thing,we have the capability,each game at a time and can see 27 points on the scoreboard by Christmas and half way through.

Should we have a poor couple of games it gets moved on from,and just go again! Let's assume that by the time Santa comes we are doing well in the table and others have to win their games going forward or games in hand by then.

Come on Santa!! Let's see the Rob Roy on top of the tree on Christmas Day all red and black! it's only when you believe you get pressies from Santa! and when you believe you can win a game! it's only then you can.

Motivational quote of the Month "Do you believe in Santa!!! Do you believe in Rob Roy" answers in an orderly file below!!

Thank You

Santa Claus:guinness

11 games in very happy to have 27 points! nice wee break get back to football.

Turn of year push on keep working hard especially ones  like today! sometimes it's the difference between winning and losing its not all ball to feet passing silky football! it can be a battle of minds and just seeing it out.

We have all teams keen to break us down! but the real focus for our team is to put all behind and concentrate on one at a time because the goals have moved now and we don't want to just survive this league! we must aim now with some real pressure to aim for wins and at worst a couple of losses or draws.

Would be chuffed if by February end (providing all games played doubt it with weather) to have 42 points minimum and we would strive for possibly more,we have Talbot to play twice and  glenafton again and beith again not ruling anyone else out as we could lose the next 11 games.

I see us as live threats to all of above and we could possibly add something else to our cup win this season,I hope our confidence and results continue and hope we finish the season on a high minimum injuries/call offs /losses.

Have a good Xmas and look forward to the Roy boys continuing with this great run.

:guinness

Think the league is between us, Talbot, Glenafton and Beith the rest battling to stay out bottom 3.

Looking at previous seasons last four points total winners of league 56, 56, 51 and last season 45.

No way will it be as high as 56 or even 51 more likely around 45 given league is so tight and nobody totally cut adrift at bottom.

Big big ask but if Rob Roy got 7 wins from 11 games then it will take some effort from others to beat that points total. As i said massive ask.

23 minutes ago, rednblack said:

Think the league is between us, Talbot, Glenafton and Beith the rest battling to stay out bottom 3.

Looking at previous seasons last four points total winners of league 56, 56, 51 and last season 45.

No way will it be as high as 56 or even 51 more likely around 45 given league is so tight and nobody totally cut adrift at bottom.

Big big ask but if Rob Roy got 7 wins from 11 games then it will take some effort from others to beat that points total. As i said massive ask.

True but we can  look forward to the potencial and possibilities  to do just that! and the nice position we find ourselves in now.

Great to be where we are though

Come on the Roy!!!!

Thought we done well in the first half and were the better team. Unlucky not to take the lead earlier. 2nd half Cumnock came back into it and I honestly thought they were going to score.

Penalty was very soft I have to admit and if it was against us I'd be angry about the decision.

The sending off was a bit stupid. Absolutely no need to fly into a challenge in that manner at that area of the pitch. I felt Mackie was Having a decent game as well!

With a depleted squad to grind out a win was a good sign so Im happy with that

Delighting the management team are staying for another two years after this one!

Friendly tonight not sure what kind of team we will have out.

Jordan in goals after not playing last two??
Boy McCall, McGuire, Barr, Crichton, Pearson should all start if fit and able give them boys some game time.

Would be interesting to see our line up for tonight. Quite a few out with injuries and sickness. No harm done [emoji736]

McKinven, McCall, MacKenzie, Green, Buchanan, Whelan, Gallacher, Pearson (Duff), Watt, Fraser, Mackie. (Sub not used - Walker.)

I would say that's a pretty fair analysis..

Based on how well we played and how comfortably we brushed Hurlford aside in the first game anything less than 3 points would be a disaster.

Talbot is going to be a good indication if we finish top 4/5 or if we are challenging, even with them still to play I feel we cannot afford to lose this one. 

34 minutes ago, hareskirky said:

All depends on how the game with hurlford goes.

Lose big pressure a good pressure though on beating talbot.

Beat hurlford creates bit of breathing space and can enjoy the talbot game that bit more knowing a win in that game would be massive

Similar performance to our last visit to Blair Park will do just fine!

I would say that's a pretty fair analysis..
Based on how well we played and how comfortably we brushed Hurlford aside in the first game anything less than 3 points would be a disaster.
Talbot is going to be a good indication if we finish top 4/5 or if we are challenging, even with them still to play I feel we cannot afford to lose this one. 

I don't really think we have brushed aside anyone in the league with the possible exception of Kilwinning in the second half. Every game is difficult and could go either way.

Don't think losing to ford would be a disaster disappointing yes but we need to keep things real and remember how far we have come. Start of the season finishing 9th would have been a good season.
We will or should now finish top half of table and won a trophy which meant a lot to us.

Archived