Kirkintilloch Rob Roy 2016/17

LeeKRR1878

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As rednblack said it is a bit of reality. Remember we were one of the favourites for relegation at the start of this season and we've started the year brilliant. We're having a blip just now but hey what team doesn't? The squad is good and in the past two weeks we've come up against two really good sides and we've not been hammered by them. We can't win them all but I have confidence this team will bounce back.

I said at the start of the season to remain in the Premier League would be a successful season and I believe we will. Plus we have won a cup already.

Tactically I know some managers like to chop and change to counter the way the opposition play and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Personally I wouldn't have played Sawyers up front alone but someone in the midfield could have pushed forward to support him. I can't comment too much on yesterday as I wasn't there but from other games I've found when we play fast, passing attacking football we are very dangerous going forward. But we insist on playing a long high ball to the wings which hardly seems to work

16 hours ago, rednblack said:

Hey it is a bit of reality but playing at cumbernauld only now work starting on new pitch which will be a great surface to play on thankfully .

Winning a trophy and staying in top league would still be a fantastic achievement for where we are as a club the now.

People will just be critical as we know the team is much better than what was served up today granted we were playing a good side.

Work starting on pitch, do you know something we don't, not seen any work started and highly doubt it will now before turn of year 

Last week was one of those games we played fairly well.

Yesterday Ok playing a good team but we were very poor by our standards.
Confident we will regroup and recover.
A trophy which we have and a top six finish in premier would be a fantastic season.

Penalty not given in first few minutes of game! could have instilled a bit more confidence and who knows may have been different.

Have to be better prepared for next game v beith,I would not be settling for many more defeats as in my opinion Roy are capable of results against them all.

Pick up move on what's done is done!

Return games against both losses I'm sure lessons be learned.

Great run but playing the lone striker and going with big wullie defies belief it's the lad from Dumbarton or watt if that's the way Maxwell wants to play bad decision big wullie been fantastic this season but as a target man holding striker not a guy who works his baws af just my observation

14 minutes ago, fan of the juniors said:

How do you think the park will hold up to the snow & forecasted rain this week? Heard it was very heavy on Saturday .

Will be surprized if it is on Heard that a boys club play on it on a Sunday Will be in a right mess during the winter Just glad that we have got it out of the way

17 minutes ago, cloughy said:

Parks very very heavy, not great when your team is light weight. Better on 4G

Cumbernauld have been fantastic towards the roy and i say this as a supporter with the greatest of respect the park is decent for a month or two then when the damp weather cold weather / rain hits it cuts up very easily.

Had no idea a boys club played on it on a sunday :o.

We are a good football side when we get going this park does us no favors unfortunately but we can't complain as i said cumbernauld have been fantastic with us and if it wasn't for them god knows where we would be playing if anywhere.

6 minutes ago, rednblack said:

Cumbernauld have been fantastic towards the roy and i say this as a supporter with the greatest of respect the park is decent for a month or two then when the damp weather cold weather / rain hits it cuts up very easily.

Had no idea a boys club played on it on a sunday :o.

We are a good football side when we get going this park does us no favors unfortunately but we can't complain as i said cumbernauld have been fantastic with us and if it wasn't for them god knows where we would be playing if anywhere.

Would it not have been possible to ground share with kilsyth initially ? 

Its quite close in proximity to Kirkintilloch and its a smashing surface that never seems to get recognition at all while the likes of newlandsfield gets all the finals and plaudits. :huh: 

Would it not have been possible to ground share with kilsyth initially ? 

Its quite close in proximity to Kirkintilloch and its a smashing surface that never seems to get recognition at all while the likes of newlandsfield gets all the finals and plaudits. :huh: 

Kilsyth is the closest to us [emoji13]

The park has always been bad around winter time, cuts up easily and doesn't drain water very well so I can see Saturday's game being postponed.

Although I can't complain too much about it because it has been good of Cumbernauld to give us a park to play at

8 minutes ago, LeeKRR1878 said:

Kilsyth is the closest to us emoji13.png

The park has always been bad around winter time, cuts up easily and doesn't drain water very well so I can see Saturday's game being postponed.

Although I can't complain too much about it because it has been good of Cumbernauld to give us a park to play at

Did KRR ever enquire about playing out of duncansfield or was there never any chance of that happening and was Cumbernauld the only option?

Did KRR ever enquire about playing out of duncansfield or was there never any chance of that happening and was Cumbernauld the only option?

I believe it was looked at but Kilsyth wanted double the money Cumbernauld wanted

Archived