Kirkintilloch Rob Roy 2016/17

LeeKRR1878

It's Rob Roy. We have no right to call anyone a 'nobody' .

Friendlies are about getting fitness up, giving everyone a game and picking a varied opponent possibly trying new formations which we have.

Most will agree with that.

Rabs fans on this or at the games me at times included all say oh we need this type of player that type of player but many forget we won't have the money to pay wages that some top players will demand, especially at this time in the clubs history.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then that's how you leave your team very light. Guys who aren't playing much get fed up and look elsewhere to play. Rotation can be worked very well IMO.

Friendlies are especially the games to give some other players game time to see how they fare up against different opposition. How can you tell a guy he's not good enough if he's not even played? Everyone has got to get a game some way or another so the coaching staff can help a player improve his game

19 hours ago, rednblack said:

Petershill as i said will finish top three for me next season in super first.

Given our current squad I would pick

Brown
Walker
McKenzie
Two from three centre backs Barr, Green, Buchanan
Shaun Fraser
McMenamin or Whelan
Two wide men Duff and Gallagher
With Sawyers and Watt up front.

Take it from there and see how they do with decent ta

12 minutes ago, LeeKRR1878 said:

Then that's how you leave your team very light. Guys who aren't playing much get fed up and look elsewhere to play. Rotation can be worked very well IMO.

Friendlies are especially the games to give some other players game time to see how they fare up against different opposition. How can you tell a guy he's not good enough if he's not even played? Everyone has got to get a game some way or another so the coaching staff can help a player improve his game

lent on the bench who can hopefully step up .

6 or 7 of my starting line up didn't start today.

Under no illusions it will be difficult for us this coming season but we have the ability to do well and surprise a few again like we did last season.

Lots of junior clubs have signed players who don't play regularly but are still squad players and still get paid..That's the chance clubs take when signing players..In this instance asking an amateur club to pay money certainly promotes a good relationship between both clubs .I think not.Why not release him and have a relationship with the amateur cub as they may need to call on them in the future

He will be under contract.
Every penny is a prisoner for the club.
We have a small budget given the level we are playing at.
We play out of another teams ground the cost of that and reduced revenue will result in the committee needing to take every chance they can get to bring it money, it's the committee duty to do so to ensure the clubs survival.
Similar to the club you support kilsyth charging fiver for friendlies it's not an ideal but you do what you need to do.

He will be under contract.
Every penny is a prisoner for the club.
We have a small budget given the level we are playing at.
We play out of another teams ground the cost of that and reduced revenue will result in the committee needing to take every chance they can get to bring it money, it's the committee duty to do so to ensure the clubs survival.
Similar to the club you support kilsyth charging fiver for friendlies it's not an ideal but you do what you need to do.

Did use buy him from an ams team? Can c there point if they wanna get there money back.

Mon the papers

1 hour ago, passbackdave said:

Did use buy him from an ams team? Can c there point if they wanna get there money back.

Mon the papers

Lots of junior clubs have signed players who don't play regularly but are still squad players and still get paid..That's the chance clubs take when signing players..In this instance asking an amateur club to pay money certainly promotes a good relationship between both clubs .I think not.Why not release him and have a relationship with the amateur cub as they may need to call on them in the future

2 hours ago, passbackdave said:

Mon the papers

It would appear that KRR signed the boy with no compensation being paid to his former juvenile club and this at a time when the committee of the club had already sold their field. I am aware and understand that all junior clubs need to control their finances but surely asking an amateur club to buy a player after selling your park to a developer leaves a lot to be desired from your committee

For a Kilsyth fan you seem to have an unhealthy interest in KRR.

Players nowadays think they can have it all their own way happy to take the £ and happy to sign the contract for another season. Then want released and expect teams to let them go for nothing, doesn't matter if amateur or junior the club are well within their right to ask for £, the player could pay some of it when they want released 

24 minutes ago, takmadoon said:

What a poor response. Not relevant to the posted topic regarding committee decision .Please, if you are going to reply,make it sensible, better still,don't post

Wow, that's me telt. :unsure:  I'm greetin at your cutting wit, its hurt me so.

But through my bountiful tears I notice you didn't answer the question, why are you so interested in the Roy?

I don't want to get into some ding dong with rabs supporters here, cos even tho we are big rivals and a love beating them an I'tl b vice versa for them, but I do have a healthy respect for them as well, an I no maxi, and I feel he's doing a great job with little budget, so if he can bring money in from anywhere to strengthen your hand u do it, the days of being nice are over,most clubs need every penny they can get, we don't all have sugar daddy's in the background!!!!

It would appear that KRR signed the boy with no compensation being paid to his former juvenile club and this at a time when the committee of the club had already sold their field. I am aware and understand that all junior clubs need to control their finances but surely asking an amateur club to buy a player after selling your park to a developer leaves a lot to be desired from your committee

Was the boy not a free agent? Out of contract? Too old for under 21 football.
Really do think you're making a mountain out of a mole hill here.

Archived