Conservative Leadership Thread

Sooky

Interestingly, 3/5 were born in Scotland.

I'm likely to back Gove as it stands, but there's still a long campaign to go so we'll see.

I dearly hope Gove gets it. His rejection of the single market prior to the referendum can then be used in his negotiations.

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dearly hope Gove gets it. His rejection of the single market prior to the referendum can then be used in his negotiations.

Not sure what will be funnier.  His acceptance that the single market is essential or the free-movement of people that will come with it.

Now Boris is out of the race I want Gove.

Tories in utter disarray. Within a week of the referendum the PM has gone, BoJo's political career is in tatters and the party line has altered dramatically to that of reconciliation and re-engaging the centre (remain) of the party. All this as the EU appear to be tightening the screw over Brexit to the extent that the Tories realise there will need to be massive concessions to retain access to the single market. The racists are going to get their comeuppance here big time.

Is this Boris celebrating the centenary of the Somme.

"Right lads over the top we'll have the Gerries on their knees pleading for mercy in no time."

"You not coming sir?"

"Eh no. I'll just stay here look after the gin cabinet."

Tories in utter disarray. Within a week of the referendum the PM has gone, BoJo's political career is in tatters and the party line has altered dramatically to that of reconciliation and re-engaging the centre (remain) of the party. All this as the EU appear to be tightening the screw over Brexit to the extent that the Tories realise there will need to be massive concessions to retain access to the single market. The racists are going to get their comeuppance here big time.

This is entirely deliberate by Johnson.  He's dodging the muck flinging and going to come out the other side smelling of roses with the Tory party members.  

This is entirely deliberate by Johnson. He's dodging the muck flinging and going to come out the other side smelling of roses with the Tory party members.

I agree, Boris is very very intelligent & sly.

He saw this as a golden opportunity to get his ultimate goal and had it been a narrow victory for remain, he'd have got what he wanted, it backfired, he shat himself and is now playing the waiting game.

Whoever gets the job is fucked, Boris knows this and unless he resigns his seat, will be the next, but one, prime minister.

A totally sad state of affairs.

I might actually detest Michael Gove more than any other person in world history, living or dead. He's a contemptible, chinless, oddball.

Michael Gove: a dangerously insane man.

I might actually detest Michael Gove more than any other person in world history, living or dead. He's a contemptible, chinless, oddball.

Michael Gove: a dangerously insane man.

When his wife's email came out I instantly thought of The House of Cards, original version.

There are shades of the Scottish referendum here in that the winners appear to be the losers. Pleasing.

Do your damnedest to f*ck the whole country over ( and probably break it up) by dragging us out of the EU, then decide that you don't fancy the gig of cleaning the mess up over the next few years even though you've played a major role in causing it!

A truly dishonourable man.

Neither of the two men, Johnson & Farage who have been the KEY faces of the Brexit campaign, will play a role or accept responsibility in deciding upon our exit strategy and negotiating our best 'possible' terms with the EU.

The PM also f*cks off, despite initiating the EU Ref in the first place and deciding 'that's it I'm away now, you lot can sort it'

It's incredible!!

Archived