East Region Premier Season 16/17

whitburn exile

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Whitburn 1 Bathgate 1.Good hard fought derby at Central Park tonight,Bathgate well on top first half,took the lead midway through half and looked the more dangerous side,Whitburn came more into it as the half wore on,bathgate keeper made an unbelievable save from Gary Brass right on half time.Then Bathgate went down to ten men right on half time and that changed the course of the game.Whitburn dominated the 2nd half without really coming close to scoring,Bathgate were still dangerous on the break,was impressed with how quick they were up front.Whitburn got there rewards with 10 mins to go,when a cross was swung in from the right and a header was crashed into the Bathgate net for the equalizer.Whitburn had the ball in the net minutes later but it was ruled dubiously offside.Looking forward to the return fixture at Creamery Park later in the season :).

I took in the match last night and I agree with most of that, Bathgate dominated first half but a fantastic point blank save from Brass on half time to keep it level. That said I thought Whitburn were very lucky to get anything from the game even though they had the man advantage all second hlf, they had a lot of possession without creating much. Bathgate had the opportunity on several occasions on the break to win the game but passed it up, Sid Easton, Bathgate No,8, was man of the match and should have won it at the death with a great run but just lost his head at the end and shot wildly over.

As ever, the Central Park pitch didn’t exactly help any semblance of passing football, grass too long and it’s apparent it’s not really looked after, maybe that explains why their approach last night was more “direct” shall we say. Contrast that with Creamery Park, and it shows in the way Bathgate tried to play last night.

36 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I took in the match last night and I agree with most of that, Bathgate dominated first half but a fantastic point blank save from Brass on half time to keep it level. That said I thought Whitburn were very lucky to get anything from the game even though they had the man advantage all second hlf, they had a lot of possession without creating much. Bathgate had the opportunity on several occasions on the break to win the game but passed it up, Sid Easton, Bathgate No,8, was man of the match and should have won it at the death with a great run but just lost his head at the end and shot wildly over.

As ever, the Central Park pitch didn’t exactly help any semblance of passing football, grass too long and it’s apparent it’s not really looked after, maybe that explains why their approach last night was more “direct” shall we say. Contrast that with Creamery Park, and it shows in the way Bathgate tried to play last night.

Trolling of the first degree, Burnie-man....

'grass too long' - are you kidding me - the grass was cut on Monday and looked pretty short to me.

'it’s apparent it’s not really looked after' - I guess old Murrayfield Park was looked after brilliantly. Easy to say this now you have your brand spanking new artificial surface (after having had a new grass park laid too). Oh, and we get absolutely no help from West Lothian council, unlike many local parks including Creamery.

'Bathgate tried to play' - I think they played pretty effectively. Are you trying to say that our pitch prevented them from playing??!!

One could argue that Whitburn should have sealed it in the final couple of minutes when Robertson netted but he was adjudged off side. Virtually everyone at that end of the park agreed that Robertson was onside or at least level with the final defender.

Disappointed in you Mr McGinty as you could have cut your post at the end of the first paragraph. No need for the sniping in the second. Or, maybe you're just peeved that we pipped you to promotion

The only person that looks after the creamery pitch is Ben, we get no help from the council with that, the pitch was not in a good state there is a hole about 2-3 inches deep that is just inside the bye line nearest at the terrace side and no the pitch never stopped anyone playing in my opinion,  for the disallowed he was offside if you look when the ball was kicked he was off but the new rules states its when he touches it that's when the referees now blow for offside, the game is on the website so you can see it their, but a good crowd on a summers night you can't beat it.

I have to say that in my opinion Bathgate were extremely unfortunate to go away from that match not taking the three points.  I thought we utterly dominated that first half and yes our keeper made a terrific save but the chances we passed up should have put us three or four up at the break.  I don't think the red card was merited and the referee fell for the reaction of the crowd.  It was a booking in my eyes.  Second half, Whitburn had lots of possession but were really lacking in terms of finding the killer ball. We were very comfortable and had the better chances of the second half even with 10 men. I give enormous credit actually to Whitburn for their goal.  That wasn't luck.  They obviously work on that in training.  In fact they had a similar opportunity in the first half  where they got a flick on at the near post from a throw.  Its true the pitch isn't great but I don't believe it really impeded our play.  There was plenty of running with the ball especially from young Sid Easton.  And its always the same for both teams.

I feel I must correct the statement about assistance from the council re The Creamery's pitch.  Only because I know first hand the amount of hard work that goes to getting it into the great condition it is in - principally by Ben.  The time and effort that boy, assisted by others but mainly him, puts into the upkeep of the surface should not be diminished.  The machinery he uses was funded by the supporters club out of their own pocket as well.  The drainage work carried out over the past 24 months was marshalled by Ben and the graft was all Thistle committee and friends - no council help.   Having said all that, I firmly believe that the council should help Junior clubs out with getting the surfaces in better shape even though we don't need it.  The part the clubs play in their communities should never be underestimated and they deserve a wee bit back from the local authorities in my opinion.

4 hours ago, centralparker1 said:

Trolling of the first degree, Burnie-man....

'grass too long' - are you kidding me - the grass was cut on Monday and looked pretty short to me.

'it’s apparent it’s not really looked after' - I guess old Murrayfield Park was looked after brilliantly. Easy to say this now you have your brand spanking new artificial surface (after having had a new grass park laid too). Oh, and we get absolutely no help from West Lothian council, unlike many local parks including Creamery.

'Bathgate tried to play' - I think they played pretty effectively. Are you trying to say that our pitch prevented them from playing??!!

One could argue that Whitburn should have sealed it in the final couple of minutes when Robertson netted but he was adjudged off side. Virtually everyone at that end of the park agreed that Robertson was onside or at least level with the final defender.

Disappointed in you Mr McGinty as you could have cut your post at the end of the first paragraph. No need for the sniping in the second. Or, maybe you're just peeved that we pipped you to promotion

So you came on to register on Pie & Bovril to have a go at someone who provided an honest account of what they watched last night?

Old Murrayfield Park was a far better surface (and probably still is) than Central Park last night, and the grass was too long in my opinion, deal with it. The Creamery Park surface is top class, you can see they look after it exceptionally well and it encourages good football, and as I said you can see that in the way Bathgate tried to play last night. Whitburn were mostly long ball.

I see you're still bitter at New Murrayfield Park even though I never even mentioned it, and the many years of hard work it took to get it. Maybe if Whitburn Juniors put as much effort into setting up a Community Club and working with the Council then you'd have the same, or maybe if you hadn't pissed all your money away when the Social Club was doing well you'd be able to fix the slabs in your enclosure which are frankly dangerous.

Anyway, if you can't take an honest account of your game last night then maybe you're better staying away from P&B! and it's a wee bit sad trying to guess someones name when you yourself are using a pseudonym.

32 minutes ago, Falside Jag said:

I have to say that in my opinion Bathgate were extremely unfortunate to go away from that match not taking the three points.  I thought we utterly dominated that first half and yes our keeper made a terrific save but the chances we passed up should have put us three or four up at the break.  I don't think the red card was merited and the referee fell for the reaction of the crowd.  It was a booking in my eyes.  Second half, Whitburn had lots of possession but were really lacking in terms of finding the killer ball. We were very comfortable and had the better chances of the second half even with 10 men. I give enormous credit actually to Whitburn for their goal.  That wasn't luck.  They obviously work on that in training.  In fact they had a similar opportunity in the first half  where they got a flick on at the near post from a throw.  Its true the pitch isn't great but I don't believe it really impeded our play.  There was plenty of running with the ball especially from young Sid Easton.  And its always the same for both teams.

I feel I must correct the statement about assistance from the council re The Creamery's pitch.  Only because I know first hand the amount of hard that goes to getting it into the great condition it is in - principally by Ben.  The time and effort that boy, assisted by others but mainly him, puts into the upkeep of the surface should not be diminished.  The machinery he uses was funded by the supporters club out of their own pocket as well.  The drainage work carried out over the past 24 months was marshalled by Ben and teh graft was all Thistle committee and friends - no council help.   having said all that, I firmly believe that the council should help Junior clubs out with getting the surfaces in better shape even though we don't need it.  The part the clubs play in their communities should never be underestimated and they deserve a wee bit back from the local authorities in my opinion.

I thought the red card was at best a booking, it looked worse than it actually (I was directly opposite it) was but as you say the crowd reaction probably prompted the ref to get the red card out.  The offside I didn't comment on as it was the other end of the pitch but the Whitburn players didn't put up too many complaints. If Bathgate had won the game nobody could have complained.

As for Creamery Park, it's a credit to the club and a big pat on the back to the guys who look after it.

Re Council funding, in this day and age they aren't simply going to hand over money to Junior clubs if the clubs don't make efforts to show that they deserve it.  Rightly or wrongly if you're not part of a wider Community Club you're going to have a very difficult job persuading any public body to provide money, or obtain grant funding.

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

So you came on to register on Pie & Bovril to have a go at someone who provided an honest account of what they watched last night?

Old Murrayfield Park was a far better surface (and probably still is) than Central Park last night, and the grass was too long in my opinion, deal with it. The Creamery Park surface is top class, you can see they look after it exceptionally well and it encourages good football, and as I said you can see that in the way Bathgate tried to play last night. Whitburn were mostly long ball.

I see you're still bitter at New Murrayfield Park even though I never even mentioned it, and the many years of hard work it took to get it. Maybe if Whitburn Juniors put as much effort into setting up a Community Club and working with the Council then you'd have the same, or maybe if you hadn't pissed all your money away when the Social Club was doing well you'd be able to fix the slabs in your enclosure which are frankly dangerous.

Anyway, if you can't take an honest account of your game last night then maybe you're better staying away from P&B! and it's a wee bit sad trying to guess someones name when you yourself are using a pseudonym.

How do you know how long I have been on Pie and Bovril? In actual fact I have been on here for several years, I just haven't posted much as I seldom want to get involved in some of the tripe that goes on in here. However, when I see a neutral coming in and having a go at Whitburn like you did then I cannot let it go.

I'm not bitter in any way about your new set up at all. Couldn't care less to be honest and I knew you'd come back with your years of hard work to get it. We all try hard but some seem more fortunate than other.

Still don't see the length of grass as an issue - what length was your when you had grass pitches?.

Oh, and I don't have any issue with Bathgate, Creamery Park or any other side or their pitch as I know we are all struggling just to keep going. I still think it rich of you to critcise another local club as you did - and are continuing to do in the above post. Pretty pathetic.

PS I don't need to guess, I know and I'm quite disappointed on how bitter you seem to have become.

1 hour ago, centralparker1 said:

How do you know how long I have been on Pie and Bovril? In actual fact I have been on here for several years, I just haven't posted much as I seldom want to get involved in some of the tripe that goes on in here. However, when I see a neutral coming in and having a go at Whitburn like you did then I cannot let it go.

I'm not bitter in any way about your new set up at all. Couldn't care less to be honest and I knew you'd come back with your years of hard work to get it. We all try hard but some seem more fortunate than other.

Still don't see the length of grass as an issue - what length was your when you had grass pitches?.

Oh, and I don't have any issue with Bathgate, Creamery Park or any other side or their pitch as I know we are all struggling just to keep going. I still think it rich of you to critcise another local club as you did - and are continuing to do in the above post. Pretty pathetic.

PS I don't need to guess, I know and I'm quite disappointed on how bitter you seem to have become.

Well that's your second post....ever.   Seriously, I gave an absolutely 100% honest opinion of the game last night and you've decided to chuck all your toys out of the pram about grass length and call me bitter, I mean c'mon.......

Why do you think it's pathetic to level criticism? this is an internet fitba forum and if someone thinks the pies are shite, the grass is too long, yer team plays long ball, yer centre half's a haddie, yer enclosure is dangerous, yer fans are bams, then people will come on and say so, if you've been on here for some time then you'll be absolutely aware of that. If yer a Junior fitba fan then it should be water off a ducks back. We used to take pelters for old Murrayfield Park, nae toilets, upto yer knees in mud, shite changing rooms etc. fair enough that was people's opinions and they were right.

I guess it's because I'm a Blackburn fan, you hold some bitterness about what we have achieved off the park "We all try hard but some seem so fortunate than others", if you want to believe that luck and not hard work played it's part then that's upto you. Maybe that's why Whitburn are struggling. I'll think twice about where my £6 goes next time I'm at a loose end.

Finally, if you want to play the game of "I know who you are but I'm not telling you who I am", then I have to say you have no right to label anyone "pathetic" :rolleyes:

58 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Well that's your second post....ever.   Seriously, I gave an absolutely 100% honest opinion of the game last night and you've decided to chuck all your toys out of the pram about grass length and call me bitter, I mean c'mon.......

Why do you think it's pathetic to level criticism? this is an internet fitba forum and if someone thinks the pies are shite, the grass is too long, yer team plays long ball, yer centre half's a haddie, yer enclosure is dangerous, yer fans are bams, then people will come on and say so, if you've been on here for some time then you'll be absolutely aware of that. If yer a Junior fitba fan then it should be water off a ducks back. We used to take pelters for old Murrayfield Park, nae toilets, upto yer knees in mud, shite changing rooms etc. fair enough that was people's opinions and they were right.

I guess it's because I'm a Blackburn fan, you hold some bitterness about what we have achieved off the park "We all try hard but some seem so fortunate than others", if you want to believe that luck and not hard work played it's part then that's upto you. Maybe that's why Whitburn are struggling. I'll think twice about where my £6 goes next time I'm at a loose end.

Finally, if you want to play the game of "I know who you are but I'm not telling you who I am", then I have to say you have no right to label anyone "pathetic" :rolleyes:

So, I'm 2050 behind you - big deal. You've probably seen that I joined in 2010 not yesterday like you implied. TBH I lurk in here mostly for the score updates. There is no rule that says you need to post and/or get involved in some of the inane 'discussion that often goes on in here. Anyway, maybe I have better things to do with my time. I have no problem with your honest opinion but, as I said before, I do take exception to your comment about the pitch not being looked after, which I feel was uncalled for and I still do.

I have no bitterness towards Blackburn or any other team as I said earlier. NONE. 

I will feel free to continue to lurk in here and post as and when I wish. I've no doubt you will respond again but as i said I have better things to do than get involved in petty arguments...........

1 hour ago, no such thing as neutral said:

I also took in this game last night as a neutral,

Funny then that every single one of your posts has been about Whitburn ;)

15 minutes ago, centralparker1 said:

So, I'm 2050 behind you - big deal. You've probably seen that I joined in 2010 not yesterday like you implied. TBH I lurk in here mostly for the score updates. There is no rule that says you need to post and/or get involved in some of the inane 'discussion that often goes on in here. Anyway, maybe I have better things to do with my time. I have no problem with your honest opinion but, as I said before, I do take exception to your comment about the pitch not being looked after, which I feel was uncalled for and I still do.

I have no bitterness towards Blackburn or any other team as I said earlier. NONE. 

I will feel free to continue to lurk in here and post as and when I wish. I've no doubt you will respond again but as i said I have better things to do than get involved in petty arguments...........

Nobody forced you to get involved centralparker1, although I'm honoured that after 6 years of lurking it was me that finally flushed you out. I stand by everything I said, feel free to come to New Murrayfield Park anytime you're are a loose end.

Burnie man you are entitled to your views but even after bathgate fans all said thebpitch made no difference to their okay you still stand by that. To imply that the pitch isn't looked after is wide of the mark. If you think its too long you could always offer to help. If the grass was 10inches high fair enough but it isn't. All the best to Blackburn in hopefully gaining promotion this season as will be good for another west Lothian club to get promoted

1 hour ago, whitburn exile said:

Burnie man you are entitled to your views but even after bathgate fans all said thebpitch made no difference to their okay you still stand by that. To imply that the pitch isn't looked after is wide of the mark. If you think its too long you could always offer to help. If the grass was 10inches high fair enough but it isn't. All the best to Blackburn in hopefully gaining promotion this season as will be good for another west Lothian club to get promoted

It was my opinion which a few fowk disagree with, that's absolutely fine, I can handle that.

I hope we get a chance to get ankle deep in the Central Park hayfield next season, and you get a chance to swallow some New Murrayfield Park 3G rubber pellets which may or may not kill you*

*banter

It was my opinion which a few fowk disagree with, that's absolutely fine, I can handle that.

I hope we get a chance to get ankle deep in the Central Park hayfield next season, and you get a chance to swallow some New Murrayfield Park 3G rubber pellets which may or may not kill you*

*banter

Very harsh there, I can't see Whitburn getting relegated. That's banter too by the way.

Look, we all know the saying about opinions and arseholes. If we all had the same range of views on things or thought the same way it would be a boring time following the game. Without the rivalry we may as well give up. I seen a post on Facebook earlier about the vandalism and theft that Stoneyburn suffered earlier. It's bloody hard to be successful without these issues to deal with. For a lot of sides at our grade simply hearing the final whistle on the last day of the season is success. And then you've got to begin to plan to hopefully do it all again.

This league this year is going to be cut throat and all the more enjoyable for it. But at least we can enjoy it.

22 minutes ago, Falside Jag said:

Very harsh there, I can't see Whitburn getting relegated. That's banter too by the way.

Look, we all know the saying about opinions and arseholes. If we all had the same range of views on things or thought the same way it would be a boring time following the game. Without the rivalry we may as well give up. I seen a post on Facebook earlier about the vandalism and theft that Stoneyburn suffered earlier. It's bloody hard to be successful without these issues to deal with. For a lot of sides at our grade simply hearing the final whistle on the last day of the season is success. And then you've got to begin to plan to hopefully do it all again.

This league this year is going to be cut throat and all the more enjoyable for it. But at least we can enjoy it.

Exactly, it would be a boring old game if we all agreed. 

Seen the pics from Stoneyburn, you just shake your head and wonder what pleasure the wee neds get from it.

No problem with people disagreeing. As Falside Jag says, it would be a bit boring if we all agreed, but criticism of other clubs facilities is below the belt.  I'm sure every club does the best it can to improve things, usually voluntarily by club committee, and would all have a playing surface like Hampden (before Hibs got to it) if finances, resources, contacts, sugar daddies or individuals capabilities allowed.

Archived