Next UK Labour Leader - post Brexit

FlyerTon

Next UK Labour Leader - post Brexit  

125 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was it cancelled?

:lol:

Corbyn managed to actually nail the Tories on something which is a bit of an ideological shift between Labour and the Tories. He landed a couple of punches for the first time in a while.

• 3 weeks later...

It seems a bit odd, the New Statesman I've always thought of as reflective of the wider democratic-left movement, with articles and opinions ranging from the hard-left to the Blairite centrist perspective. It has had a fair share of pro-Corbyn articles, and it is an openly biased publication so I'm not really sure what the protestors are asking for.

It seems a bit odd, the New Statesman I've always thought of as reflective of the wider democratic-left movement, with articles and opinions ranging from the hard-left to the Blairite centrist perspective. It has had a fair share of pro-Corbyn articles, and it is an openly biased publication so I'm not really sure what the protestors are asking for.

Most of the writers I've seen for The New Statesman are pretty openly anti-Corbyn. Helen Lewis is the first name that springs to mind and I'm fairly sure she's the editor.

While we're on the subject of the New Statesman, are 'progressive' types down south finally waking up to what is happening in Scotland ?

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/staggers/2017/04/labour-should-stop-indulging-its-scottish-party-and-broker-progressive

While we're on the subject of the New Statesman, are 'progressive' types down south finally waking up to what is happening in Scotland ?
http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/staggers/2017/04/labour-should-stop-indulging-its-scottish-party-and-broker-progressive

Theres been a few articles like that recently. The reaction from Hothersall is normally about nine on the Richter scale.

57 minutes ago, mjw said:

Theres been a few articles like that recently. The reaction from Hothersall is normally about nine on the Richter scale.

That's no a bad article

Labour should stop indulging its Scottish party and broker a progressive alliance with the SNP

Exactly what the difference is in principle between UK nationalism and Scottish nationalism is beyond me.
How can support for one patriotism trump another? And independence for Scotland was never about cultural
nationalism but democratic nationalism – the right and ability to control your country. When you’ve decided
that its impossible to control your country, to make it socially just, while it is tied to whims of the Mail, Murdoch
and now May – then the step to independence is a but a small one. Add in Brexit and the prospect of a return
to Europe – then what exactly is not to like? For many in Scotland independence and social justice now go hand in hand.

If I had a vote in Scotland, I would vote to take a chance and determine my nation's fate, rather than have it settled
by the Tory Prime Minister Theresa May in a context set by Rupert Murdoch, the Daily Mail and the demands of the
City of London. I would hope for a return to Europe. Looking from the outside, I want Scotland to be as successfully
left wing as it can possibly be. Whether in or out the UK, we need a story of success.

Archived