Next UK Labour Leader - post Brexit

FlyerTon

Next UK Labour Leader - post Brexit  

125 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

He's been suspended though the reason hasn't been revealed yet.

Bringing the union into disrepute according to some folk on Twitter. More likely because they got word Coyne might win.

I left Unite a while back and switched to a smaller Union who spend more time looking out for member's interests. Right now that feels like a good choice.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disappointing. God knows what people see in McCluskey.

I don't understand people joining a Union and not voting.
Almost every union ballot has a piss poor turnout.

I don't understand people joining a Union and not voting.
Almost every union ballot has a piss poor turnout.

It's possibly because they join the union when they start with an employer, then over the years they see that the union doesn't do a whole lot. Then they become disinterested. They are probably also more than busy at work and don't have time to worry about union stuff. That's my union story anyway.

It's possibly because they join the union when they start with an employer, then over the years they see that the union doesn't do a whole lot. Then they become disinterested. They are probably also more than busy at work and don't have time to worry about union stuff. That's my union story anyway.

Probably.
The fact that they have to go to all the trouble of marking their ballot paper and then have to post it back might have an effect as well.
Who has time for all that these days?

Probably.
The fact that they have to go to all the trouble of marking their ballot paper and then have to post it back might have an effect as well.
Who has time for all that these days?

Probably does. Who needs that hassle.

A lot of the time unions aren't allowed to campaign onsite or using the employer email. You can send post and emails to people's private/home address but most of the time they end up not being read.

I was Rep, and eventually Branch Sec, at an employer where, thankfully, the bosses were usually fairly supportive of my activities (because they knew they were being shafted, too). It was still very difficult to get about 50% response for industrial action ballots and as for electing officials that they'd never met and knew nothing about, I'd have been as well trying to explain the value of multiculturalism to a Millwall fan.

A lot of the time unions aren't allowed to campaign onsite or using the employer email. You can send post and emails to people's private/home address but most of the time they end up not being read.

I was Rep, and eventually Branch Sec, at an employer where, thankfully, the bosses were usually fairly supportive of my activities (because they knew they were being shafted, too). It was still very difficult to get about 50% response for industrial action ballots and as for electing officials that they'd never met and knew nothing about, I'd have been as well trying to explain the value of multiculturalism to a Millwall fan.

Bob Crow was a Millwall fan, brother.

13 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I hope he hangs on. The Banter Years must never die. 

Handing the country a Tory majority running into to treble figures goes beyond banter.  I seriously feel concerned for the more vulnerable members of our society when May is returned with an unassailable dominance in the HoC.  

Like others I have enjoyed the Labour Party falling apart but the consequences will be far less enjoyable.  

Handing the country a Tory majority running into to treble figures goes beyond banter.  I seriously feel concerned for the more vulnerable members of our society when May is returned with an unassailable dominance in the HoC.  
Like others I have enjoyed the Labour Party falling apart but the consequences will be far less enjoyable.  

The problems Labour have run much deeper than Jeremy Corbyn. He's not the cause of the party's ongoing demise, he's just a symptom of it.

59 minutes ago, jmothecat said:

Looking at the polls right now I genuinely hope he stands down tomorrow. It couldn't really get much worse.

Doubt he will stand down, even if he did is it now not too close to the election for say the bookies favourite, Yvette Cooper, to take over?

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/politics/other-politics/uk-politics?ev_oc_grp_ids=64934

I imagine he will stand down if it's the predicted Tory landslide result.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

If the Labour vote collapses in the way it is being predicted and Corbyn tries to stay on the Labour Party will split.

There are lots of people who vote Labour because they have always voted Labour - just like their parents and their parents too.

If the Labour Party split in two - those people would vote for whichever one continued to call itself the Labour Party.

Not a Labour voter but I think we've reached a point where Party opinion is based on the media and public perception rather than policies.

Chuka is a competent talker with a certain charisma as is Burnham. These two might do something for them.

The media won't rip them to shreds like they do with Corbyn and need someone to take back some of the Tory vote.

As for SLab they are dead. They should just stop now unless they come out and support Indy.

Archived