Next UK Labour Leader - post Brexit

FlyerTon

Next UK Labour Leader - post Brexit  

125 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

65% Corbyn and 35% Smith is my prediction.

Looking at the summer as a whole it seems a bit ridiculous that Corbyn can lose a no confidence vote so resoundingly and yet still end up as leader. Corbynistas have gone from thinking he can lead the party to electoral victory to now being in a place where by and large they know and admit they can't but seem to think it doesn't matter.

Oh well, same time and place next year?

65% Corbyn and 35% Smith is my prediction.

Looking at the summer as a whole it seems a bit ridiculous that Corbyn can lose a no confidence vote so resoundingly and yet still end up as leader. Corbynistas have gone from thinking he can lead the party to electoral victory to now being in a place where by and large they know and admit they can't but seem to think it doesn't matter.

Oh well, same time and place next year?

It's not that ridiculous when the no confidence is coming from the horrible c***s in the plp. No one gives a f**k about their opinion which is why Corbyn was elected in the first place

It's not that ridiculous when the no confidence is coming from the horrible c***s in the plp. No one gives a f**k about their opinion which is why Corbyn was elected in the first place

They are the elected representatives of the people. As a group their view is more valid than the Labour membership selectorate.

They are the elected representatives of the people. As a group their view is more valid than the Labour membership selectorate.

Yes. And once elected turn into self serving c***s of the highest order.

They are elected as an MP for the Labour Party. They are not the party nor the sole arbiters of what is best for it.

They are elected on a manifesto by thousands of people in their constituency. Representing their party is only part of the job. Representing their constituents is another. They're perfectly entitled to form their own opinions on the leadership. They haven't got their seats on the back of Corbyn and are now stabbing him in the back. He was barely relevant when they were were campaigning to be elected.

Anyway, I'll go for 64/36 Corbyn.

I think the break from 'traditional politician' is a big factor that's not been mentioned enough in the discussions above.

Yes labour under Miliband went to the left but they did so whist still coming across as a 'slick pr' exercise. He was trying to be Blair (in a presentation sense) and following advisors orders at every turn.

Farage represents a real difference from that, as does Salmond. People who are not particularly political are looking at whether or not they trust the person - and whether they can argue from a genuine, passionate place.

The actual detail, imo, is much less of a factor for a lot of people.

Corbyn has the chance to do the same - but there's not much evidence of it yet. The fact he's constantly fire fighting in his own party has been a bit of a distraction.

I think the break from 'traditional politician' is a big factor that's not been mentioned enough in the discussions above.

Yes labour under Miliband went to the left but they did so whist still coming across as a 'slick pr' exercise. He was trying to be Blair (in a presentation sense) and following advisors orders at every turn.

Farage represents a real difference from that, as does Salmond. People who are not particularly political are looking at whether or not they trust the person - and whether they can argue from a genuine, passionate place.

The actual detail, imo, is much less of a factor for a lot of people.

Corbyn has the chance to do the same - but there's not much evidence of it yet. The fact he's constantly fire fighting in his own party has been a bit of a distraction.

Salmond and Farage are both charismatic. Corbyn isn't, at all.

67/33 Corbyn I'll go for.

Some advice to sensible Labour moderates, if you plan another coup next year and don't want it to go as hilariously awful as this one, pick a better candidate than either Owen Smith or Angela Eagle.

Archived