Next UK Labour Leader - post Brexit

FlyerTon

Next UK Labour Leader - post Brexit  

125 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

The CCTV shows him walking past empty seats before filming the video of him sitting on the floor, then going back and sitting in a seat.

Where is this CCTV film?  All I have seen are a few stills. 

Meanwhile Virgin recommend that he books ahead so that he can reserve a seat.  Rather ironic since it is clearly criticising him for not sitting on someone else's reserved seat.

Surely it couldn't have been that hard to find a packed train to make it appear more genuine. Ultimately he highlighted a real problem but he's messed it up trying to appear like he has integrity and decency and getting found out. Complete own goal.

Though I would blame his handlers for not finding an actual packed train to pull the stunt on. It's a good metaphor for his leadership, good idea, terrible execution.

12 hours ago, BerwickMad said:

However, I didn't mention New Labour or the Blair government. It's not 'Corbyn or Blair'. I'd quite like someone with Corbyn's principles so long as they were good at their job, were actually convincing people and there was something behind it all.

Corbyn has convinced hundreds of thousands of people  - he has also convinced the PLP. Unfortunately, what he has convinced them of is that his plans will not happen overnight, and certainly not in their time in their cushy positions. Once the current generation of middle-aged mail readers realise that, even after their slavish compliance with the Capitalist system, their retirements are going to be poverty-ridden, service-free, misery, the youth who give a fúck about something other than material possessions will be there to usher in a new dawn.

No leader can lead those who will not be led. Having been told by the membership once - and in no uncertain terms - what direction they wanted the Party to take, the PLP arrogantly dismissed the wishes of their constituentrs and started a shameful civil war when they should, not only for the good of the Party but also that of the country, have been attacking a shambolic, failing Tory Party. If, as I expect, Corbyn is re-affirmed as leader, I would like to think that these careerists would do the decent thing and resign. Failing that, mass de-selection should take place, because there's too many cúnts in the PLP - and Corbyn's not one of them.

Corbyn has convinced hundreds of thousands of people  - he has also convinced the PLP. Unfortunately, what he has convinced them of is that his plans will not happen overnight, and certainly not in their time in their cushy positions. Once the current generation of middle-aged mail readers realise that, even after their slavish compliance with the Capitalist system, their retirements are going to be poverty-ridden, service-free, misery, the youth who give a fúck about something other than material possessions will be there to usher in a new dawn.

No leader can lead those who will not be led. Having been told by the membership once - and in no uncertain terms - what direction they wanted the Party to take, the PLP arrogantly dismissed the wishes of their constituentrs and started a shameful civil war when they should, not only for the good of the Party but also that of the country, have been attacking a shambolic, failing Tory Party. If, as I expect, Corbyn is re-affirmed as leader, I would like to think that these careerists would do the decent thing and resign. Failing that, mass de-selection should take place, because there's too many cúnts in the PLP - and Corbyn's not one of them.

Utter delusion.

Its basically Frenchgate but on a train

You are losing it day by day mate!

the Labour leader stood by his description of the train journey, saying while there had been some available seats he had not been able to sit with his wife, Laura Alvarez

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/aug/23/jeremy-corbyn-virgin-trains-disputes-claim-over-lack-of-seats

So he made his wife sit on the floor with him did he?

There seem to be a lot of people talking about how the seats were reserved. I get trains fairly often, and am I alone in sitting in reserved seats after a train has started moving if they are unoccupied? Obviously if someone then comes along with a ticket, I will move, but trains almost always have seats which are reserved but empty, as the person who booked the seat has obviously sat elsewhere.

I'm wondering if it was an honest mistake by Jeremy, unused to train travel, who assumed that because a seat was reserved that he could therefore not actually sit there. In which case I think he has been slightly unfairly criticised over this for merely being unused to train travel.

Archived