Next UK Labour Leader - post Brexit

FlyerTon

Next UK Labour Leader - post Brexit  

125 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is shocking news.  In light of this I now fully expect Corbyn to announce that when he's elected PM he's going to build a wall to keep all the Mexicans out and get Mexico to pay for it.

Want to point out the ones that aren't and have no-one sitting at them?

Desperate. He said the train was absolutely rammed. It clearly wasn't. As predicted, to the horror of Corbynistas, it is as obviously a publicity stunt.

Corbyn in football would be like the lad you hear in the pub. He talks a good game and you agree with most of what he says. Then he somehow gets the managers job. The director of football, the scouts and all the football people around quit like the economic advisors appointed. 80% of the team refuse to play as they haven't got a fuckin clue what's going on as all the messages are confusing. He has to sign and call up anyone from youth teams to fill the gaps, and the team are going out with 8 players with some having to fill two roles.

However it's all everyone else's fault. He keeps going back to the pub and telling his mates this, who all believe him as he's standing by those grand principles he had. But the rest of the fan base and the country think he's utterly clueless.

What pub is this?

That's genuinely one of the most bizarre and long-winded analogies I've ever read.

54 minutes ago, BerwickMad said:

Desperate. He said the train was absolutely rammed. It clearly wasn't. As predicted, to the horror of Corbynistas, it is as obviously a publicity stunt.

He got a seat when passengers got off.

1 hour ago, BerwickMad said:

Uh huh, so which seats are empty and not reserved?  That was the only question I asked.

37 minutes ago, kirkyblue2 said:

He got a seat when passengers got off.

Where did these passengers get off, out of interest? The train journeyed non-stop from London King's Cross to York, calling at 12:53. The released footage shows Corbyn sitting down, surrounded by several unoccupied, unreserved seats, at 11:46. There is also an image of Corbyn and his team passing these same seats at 11:10. The train departed King's Cross only ten minutes earlier. 

Very happy to be corrected if I have the wrong information, but it does appear like you have just made that up.

15 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Where did these passengers get off, out of interest? The train journeyed non-stop from London King's Cross to York, calling at 12:53. The released footage shows Corbyn sitting down, surrounded by several unoccupied, unreserved seats, at 11:46. There is also an image of Corbyn and his team passing these same seats at 11:10. The train departed King's Cross only ten minutes earlier. 

Very happy to be corrected if I have the wrong information, but it does appear like you have just made that up.

Seemingly it was the train guard that sorted out seats for everybody standing/sitting in the bits between the carriages.However my favourite labour man on train has to be red ed travelling first class but his team removed the first class covers

4 hours ago, BerwickMad said:

He did come out of nowhere tbh, because he hadn't shown he has any leadership qualities in the slightest before being put forward for the contest, initially to broaden the debate. He DID talk a good game, and convinced many, including me to a certain extent. But it isn't so much about what he does say, it's more about what he doesn't say.

He has utterly failed to provide anything behind the grand statements and the overall ideas. His leadership has been shambolic and incompetent. That's why the economic advisors he appointed quit. That's why most of his shadow cabinet, that he appointed, have quit. That's why 80% of his own MPs are against him, and that's why Khan and Dugdale, whatever you think of them, who despite knowing he is overwhelming favourite to win the leadership contest again, have still, STILL come out against him. Even though they know they'll probably still have to try, somehow, to work with him going forward.

But of course, this is the 'post-fact', nobody to be trusted world of Trump, Gove, Corbyn, climate change deniers and Boris Johnson. Anyone can find an avenue online to back up their minority opinion, no matter how bizarre it might be. Anyone who cannot stand those who disagree with them jump on the 'anti-establishment' bandwagon, and it doesn't matter what warnings, what obvious failings are highlighted and what disasters ensue, they know best and everyone else is either unprincipled, has an ulterior motive or is part of some grand conspiracy. If you don't have an argument, cloud things with Blair, because he's unpopular, and obviously anyone against Corbyn must be pro-Blair.

It's probably all a symptom of today's social media world, where people are rarely confronted with differing views anymore. They're online friends with people who agree with them, they read articles from people who agree with them and they're almost brainwashed into believing there's some huge conspiracy against them.

Whatever you think of the leadership contest structure, he got the required nominations and then went out and pumped everybody else in the ballot. It goes without saying that your pub football manager thing was bizarre but even the sentiment isn't correct.

On everything below the bold text, I take it this is just your general observation on the world, rather than part of a continued response? It's way cool stuff alright but I'm not quite sure what prompted any of it.

1 hour ago, DrewDon said:

Why would I make it up? I read it on social media so they must have made it up or got the wrong end of the stick.

Archived