2,679,513 people voted in Scotland....

.....and even if every single one of those voters voted remain, it would still not have been enough to prevent a UK leave. They may as well have left every polling station in Scotland padlocked for the day because it didn't make a blind bit of difference to the final result.

United Kingdom, "union of equals" my fucking arse!

Scotland, forever at the mercy of little England's whims!

I voted remain but I also voted no at the indy ref. If there is a 2nd Indy ref .... I will be voting yes.

This. Although I'm leaving Scotland imminently anyway and moving to England, but if I was still in Scotland I'd vote Yes.

Yep. Think that is why indyref2 will be pushed ahead. Don't see another issue in near future which will change the loyalty of no voters.

Absolutely, this is by far the best chance we will ever have, we need to have a referendum asap, next summer would be my choice. If we had it tomorrow we'd win by a mile.

I suspected as much but didn't bother to run the figures through any spreadsheet

It reeks of snp fault that tories won ge despite fact if every voter in scotland voted labour it would still have been a tory majority

Could somebody post 2,679,513 as a percentage of Scotland's population, please?

Also, what % of those that voted voted remain?

That second one's a weird sentence, innit?

Turnout was 67.2%

Remain - 1,661,191 / 62%

Leave - 1,018,322 / 38%

That's bollocks.

It also completely ignores the fact that the franchise was different, with no 16-18 year olds or resident non-British citizens.

Based on calculating back from the turnout, total eligible vote from yesterday was 3,987,371 - in 2014, it was 4,283,392.

.....and even if every single one of those voters voted remain, it would still not have been enough to prevent a UK leave. They may as well have left every polling station in Scotland padlocked for the day because it didn't make a blind bit of difference to the final result.

United Kingdom, "union of equals" my fucking arse!

Scotland, forever at the mercy of little England's whims!

That's because we mistakenly voted to remain part of the uk, you reap what you sow an all that.

Archived