• Last Reply

They've got Houston

Peter Houston

I just don't think you understand

He's a very bitter yam

His sister is his mam

They've got Peter Houston

warnock.png

Hibs need to appoint a manager with a bit of steel in the summer, once they empty the torn-faced loser. They need to do something to rid themselves of the stench of failure that surrounds their club. Felt exactly the same with Pressley at Falkirk. You saw him in the dugout and you just thought 'nah, fail'.

There's a reason why Hibs are synonymous with failure and are a verb. Its a big club by Scottish standards and they're bound to get plenty of interest in the job when Stubbs is punted in the summer. Just need to pick a far far better option than the clownshoes appointment last time.

You'll laugh at me saying this (when's that ever stopped me posting something) but Stubbs has one or two attributes of a potentially alright manager.

However there's more than or two areas where he's majorly lacking and when they've started to work against him, he's dealt with it abysmally. Maybe he'll learn from those mistakes and do a good job somewhere one day but if he wins nothing this season, we shouldn't wait about to see if he can get his shit together.

You'll laugh at me saying this (when's that ever stopped me posting something) but Stubbs has one or two attributes of a potentially alright manager.

However there's more than or two areas where he's majorly lacking and when they've started to work against him, he's dealt with it abysmally. Maybe he'll learn from those mistakes and do a good job somewhere one day but if he wins nothing this season, we shouldn't wait about to see if he can get his shit together.

He needs to learn you can't be unlucky every time you lose...although he was magnaminous in defeat (for him) last night

He needs to learn you can't be unlucky every time you lose...although he was magnaminous in defeat (for him) last night

Very much part of my "dealt with it abysmally" sentence. He doesn't seem to acknowledge or deal with obvious weaknesses in the team. On the flip side of that, his patter about how we've turned the corner and are back on form every time we win, is textbook how not to actually get back on form management.

If his absolutely radge ways see us winning the cup then all is forgiven but I suspect a reliable manager is actually what we need now.

Hibs' current failures are down to a lack of leadership going back years. Right back to when the club failed to back John Collins' attempts to introduce professionalism to the club. Since then it's been a toxic environment and a circle of failure.

The fans have to take their share of the blame. They pushed Fenlon out the door after the League Cup defeat to Hearts. Sure, he'd had some bad results, but Hibs were comfortable in mid-table. If Fenlon had stayed, Hibs wouldn't be in this mess now. The fans wanted blood and wanted Butcher. Instead of showing real leadership, the board caved (again) and now here they are.

It's really a terrible shame...

A pie, a pint and your hole for the money, then if you're lucky, an entertaining game on the park, would justify the money.

If you got your hole in Leith, you'd also have to factor in the costs of a private clinic.

Archived