Hibernian Championship Thread 2016/17

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

ITK m8.

ETA: wasn't a definite until earlier in the week like but Hibs have been keen for a long time. Lennons OTT praise of him the other week on BT was a wee subtle hint I think.

Wasn't subtle at all. Lenny was basically rubbing one out over his performance. He loves him. They also share the same agent.

He's definitely improved as the season has gone on. Was awful at the start but played well against us in the playoff games. Was back to rank rotten against Accies but then if he'd already signed for someone else that's bound  to affect your performance. 

I know last week there were 3 offers on the table for him with 2 being down south.

Pretty chuffed for him.

Walsall and someone else?

I am too. Fwiw Hibs fans can rest easy knowing that I no longer feel obliged to stick up for the guy.

Won over enough important people in the game there's no need to do it now.

Hope he does well. Like I said, juniors (and a really shite junior team) to Hibs in 3 years is a class story.

#ScottishJamieVardy

Plus after football he can fall back to being a plumber also. Not a bad thing going for him. His old boy will no doubt of retired by then so business be potentially waiting.

Came from a primary school of about 40 kids. A good story

Hope not always get a good blether with him if you get him in the taxis.

5 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Plus after football he can fall back to being a plumber also. Not a bad thing going for him. His old boy will no doubt of retired by then so business be potentially waiting.

Came from a primary school of about 40 kids. A good story

Wtf. :lol:

4 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

I know everything about the guy already, his old man has a Taxi, his mum took early retirement and he came from a primary school of about 40 kids. 

What an inspirational story.

5 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

I know everything about the guy already, his old man has a Taxi, his mum took early retirement and he came from a primary school of about 40 kids. 

Hang on though, how can we possibly sign him without knowing what blood type he is and if he had any childhood pets?

37 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

The only thing I disagree about here is Hendo. We should be trying to get him back imo. We're going to lose SJM at some point so planning ahead and spending a wee bit of that fee on another investment in Henderson seems like a no brainier to me. 

He also has that creatively that we missed big time last year.

Would Celtic not look for a fee of over £1m for Henderson ?

If that's the case will Hibs push the boat out and sign him ?

I think he would be a good signing for you. Always thought he looked good in the games against us.

Might have a chance of getting him to as I can't see him breaking into the Celtic team.

Just now, HibsFan said:

Hang on though, how can we possibly sign him without knowing what blood type he is and if he had any childhood pets?

Lichtie can ask his old man next time he's in his taxi. Unless he's taken retirement by that stage.

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Would Celtic not look for a fee of over £1m for Henderson ?

If that's the case will Hibs push the boat out and sign him ?

I think he would be a good signing for you. Always thought he looked good in the games against us.

Might have a chance of getting him to as I can't see him breaking into the Celtic team.

Can't see it being anywhere near £1m.

6 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

His step dad is a plumber and Simon supports dundee.

Welcome to big boys league :-)

We get it m9, you know him. Sharing stuff about his personal life to strangers online is creepy as f**k. I'm sure he'll really appreciate it.

7 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Can't see it being anywhere near £1m.

Possibly not. I think they rate Ryan Christie at 500k and he is a similar age and has played more top flight games (with Aberdeen) so maybe that's a more realistic fee perhaps.

You could maybe make some swap deal involving McGinn if Celtics interest is genuine ?

Archived