Elixir

Hibernian Championship Thread 2016/17

6 minutes ago, King Dom's Moustache said:

Wouldn't be too disappointed to see Gray go tbh, aye he gave me the best day as a Hibs supporter but on the whole he's been pretty average this season and Whittaker would be a massive upgrade.

Can see a big change in the squad this summer tbh.

Fontaine, Gray, Fyvie, Graham, McGinn, Cummings & McGeouch might all go.

Agree. Gray has been roasted a fair few times this season by utterly average teams/players. Looks like it'll be a big summer for us. 

The thought of Saturday being the last time we ever see Gray in a Hibs top guts me.

whittaker is better though although I would keep Sir David and play SW LB.  I still can't believe the shot that hit both posts at the pink shit hole never went in. 

Edited by Bambino7

6 minutes ago, Bambino7 said:

The thought of Saturday being the last time we ever see Gray in a Hibs top guts me.

He's been a top player for you.  Even before 'that' cup final I said:

3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

He's been a top player for you.  Even before 'that' cup final I said:

Can't see the majority of your post but he's been a good player for us.  Whittaker is better though and Grays even on holiday mode this season as a whole.  Perhaps looking at his career he needs to keep moving on to be fresh.  Forever a legend though.  Scored a belter on Boxing Day a couple years ago too. 

Whittaker would be a very decent signing. Would be shite seeing Sir David leave but he has been below par this year and it's probably for the best that he finds a new club. Good to see that Lennon is trying to get some business done early doors. 

Whittaker would be a really good signing but I would be amazed if the **** weren't in for him this summer. They're crying out for some solid pros and would offer much more than us.

Be gutted to lose Gray but I'm not sure he's at the level to take us forward. No room for sentiment, even for that beautiful beautiful man.

1 minute ago, St. Jude said:

Whittaker would be a really good signing but I would be amazed if the **** weren't in for him this summer. They're crying out for some solid pros and would offer much more than us.

Don't know how much some of their fans would want him.

590869edb00f7_ScreenShot2017-05-02at12_13_31.thumb.png.2684720c44d68182e262726f09c48bbc.png

Unsure about Whittaker. Not seen him play for quite some time. 

I don't care what anyone says, we cannot let Sir David Gray go. Give him whatever he wants just never ever let him leave. 

15 hours ago, Bambino7 said:

whittaker is better though although I would keep Sir David and play SW LB.  I still can't believe the shot that hit both posts at the pink shit hole never went in. 

That shot was probably one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen supporting Hibs.

Would be delighted if we re-sign Whittaker, but I'll not try and deny I'll be gutted to see Sir Dave go. Even if he has been gash for most of the season, he deserves a contract for life.

Edited by Sauzee#4

3 hours ago, HibsFan said:

Don't know how much some of their fans would want him.

590869edb00f7_ScreenShot2017-05-02at12_13_31.thumb.png.2684720c44d68182e262726f09c48bbc.png

:lol: I had no idea about that quote. You're right, the **** won't want him if he's a traytur and no rainjurz mindeed.

Gray and McGregor suspended for the first game of next season. Ridiculous that bookings carry over from the season before. Especially in a different league.

Well that's shite news.  Unless a red card fair enough, bookings should be chucked out. 

19 hours ago, St. Jude said:

:lol: I had no idea about that quote. You're right, the **** won't want him if he's a traytur and no rainjurz mindeed.

Rangers fans have the memories of goldfish, they won't remember that quote (or they'll choose to forget it).

15 minutes ago, Half Rice Half Chips said:

Rangers fans have the memories of goldfish, they won't remember that quote (or they'll choose to forget it).

Nah they are all bitter, bitter c***s to a man.  Laugherty, Davis, Naismith and Whittaker are the enemy to them. 

Rumour from someone on here (putting 2+2 together), that Sean Kelly ex-St Mirren and at AFC Wimbledon this season is heading to Easter Road. Left sided defender. Turned down offer at Wimbledon as his agent has a Scottish club lined up. 

Reliable, without setting the world alight. 

2 hours ago, KingfaetheSooth said:

Rumour from someone on here (putting 2+2 together), that Sean Kelly ex-St Mirren and at AFC Wimbledon this season is heading to Easter Road. Left sided defender. Turned down offer at Wimbledon as his agent has a Scottish club lined up. 

Reliable, without setting the world alight. 

Would make a reliable back up to Stevenson by the sounds of it. 

Edited by Zing.