Hibernian Championship Thread 2016/17

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neil Lennon fears Scotland’s referees have an agenda against him after seeing a stonewall penalty snub cost Hibs a huge step towards the Championship title.

The Hibees boss was furious that referee Bobby Madden didn’t point to the spot when Martin Boyle’s rapid goalbound shot came crashing off the hands of Mark Russell during the 1-1 draw with Morton.

Lennon seethed: “I don’t get it. Maybe there is an agenda, I don’t know. Maybe I’m getting paranoid. Their player used two hands to block a goal-bound shot. I just don’t understand it.

“I’ve no qualms with the penalty Morton got but everyone could see what happened with the other incident.

“I need an explanation but I’ll not get one. It’ll be: It’s poor old Lenny being the victim again.

“But I’m starting to think that there is an agenda. We have had five red cards this season and three were rescinded – I wonder if that’s a record.

“I don’t know of any team in one season – and we’re not even finished yet – who have had three red cards rescinded, that’s cost us points.

“I just didn’t like the referee’s performance and I want an explanation because it’s not one hand that’s stopped the shot, it’s two hands.”

Lennon’s outburst will almost certainly earn him another summons to Hampden on a disciplinary charge to go with the rap he is already facing for his part in the bust-up with Ton boss Jim Duffy at the end of their goalless draw at Easter Road 10 days ago.

How do you lot feel about Lennon? I know hes getting you promoted but whenever I see your results they always seem a bit underwhelming, articles and comments above make him look like hes still an utter rat aswell.

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

How do you lot feel about Lennon? I know hes getting you promoted but whenever I see your results they always seem a bit underwhelming, articles and comments above make him look like hes still an utter rat aswell.

I'm not a fan of him at all. He is exactly the same as he was at Celtc, always blames the officials and deflects away from shite performances and results with rants like the above. If he gets us up i'd still want rid of him, our budget will be very decent next season and i wouldn't want him anywhere near it.

The only good transfer Lennon has made so far is signing Ofir Marciano in the summer. The emergency loans performed well, but everybody knew they would and it was hardly imaginative to go knocking at Celtic's door asking for scraps.

The only good transfer Lennon has made so far is signing Ofir Marciano in the summer. The emergency loans performed well, but everybody knew they would and it was hardly imaginative to go knocking at Celtic's door asking for scraps.

Only really good thing to come from the emergency loans was the meltdowns on here from other supporters

1 hour ago, Zing. said:

I'm not a fan of him at all. He is exactly the same as he was at Celtc, always blames the officials and deflects away from shite performances and results with rants like the above. If he gets us up i'd still want rid of him, our budget will be very decent next season and i wouldn't want him anywhere near it.

If the guys objective was promotion he is hardly going to get sacked if he achieves it.

I appreciate you guys loved Stubbs but he could not get promotion. (His teams were good to watch to be fair). But surely promotion is the main aim.

6 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

If the guys objective was promotion he is hardly going to get sacked if he achieves it.

I appreciate you guys loved Stubbs but he could not get promotion. (His teams were good to watch to be fair). But surely promotion is the main aim.

Stubbs would have taken us up this year. His points total of 70 in both his seasons in charge would have been more than enough this year.

Would Lennon have taken us up last two seasons ? I'm not sure.

55 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Stubbs would have taken us up this year. His points total of 70 in both his seasons in charge would have been more than enough this year.

Probably. I thought Stubbs played the right type of football as a manager.

What I am saying though is that although Lennons team is not as easy on the eye as Stubbs, if you go up, which looks very likely, he will defo not get sacked.

56 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Difficult to say, Stubbs had harder teams to contend with at the top of the table but much easier teams at the bottom. Can't be arsed to go and look, but I'm sure Ayr/St Mirren have lost much less this season than Alloa/Livingston did. I think Stubbs would've got us promoted this season, but we'd have definitely lost (and won) more games, and our defence would be leakier. There'd have also been more pressure on him if things weren't going well, for example being behind United in the table at Christmas etc.

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I'm not sure that those in charge at Hibs will have been overly impressed with his actions in recent weeks. They probably haven't been impressed with how we've performed either, its been rancid to watch all season and we've drawn 13 times which is clearly abysmal. Lennon wouldn't have done any better than Stubbs did in the previous two seasons.

Hopefully someone comes in for Lennon. Don't like him at all and haven't from the start. The style of football, the awful selections, the shite results and the mental, paranoid rants. Classless little p***k. I'd take Stubbs back in a heartbeat. The players like him, the fans like him and he likes the club. I reckon he'd do really well in the top flight with us.

we should be looking forward to next season with Celtic, rangers, hearts and Aberdeen coming to leith and crowds of 20k on at least 6 occasions but with Lennon in charge I'll be doubting that we will make the top six.

Lennon will get found out next season just like he did at bolton. His two successes have come at clubs with huge budget advantages over the opposition. Let's face it if rangers hadn't given McCoist the job and then imploded Lennon wouldve been sacked at Celtic. He's done the necessary this season and no-one can argue that hibs deserve the title but I reckon they'd have been a few points further behind us in the league last season with this side. I reckon he could be back in front of the beaks again after yesterday's comments about biased refereeing.

2 hours ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

I just want out this fucking league any way possible. We'll worry about Lennon when the season has ended. 

True. Promotion isn't guaranteed yet although I don't think we'll lose enough games to f**k it up. We'll draw our way to becoming champions. 

It's hard to believe Stubbs would have done a worse job this season in terms of points and goals scored, it's all speculative of course.  Ironically enough I think Lennon might be a decent manager next season for cementing a place in the Premiership.

49 minutes ago, The Diabolical One said:

It's hard to believe Stubbs would have done a worse job this season in terms of points and goals scored, it's all speculative of course.  Ironically enough I think Lennon might be a decent manager next season for cementing a place in the Premiership.

That may be true but can we be fucked watching this kind of football next season? Genuinely infuriating at times watching us under Lennon. It's like we don't have a game plan and if we do then the players either don't know or aren't going along with it.

It is pretty brutal watching a lot of underwhelming football.  It looked better for one game with Humphrey and Boyle out wide so I'd like to think that there's hope.  I don't like Lennon's behaviour though, I'm not buying into all the passionate/winner excuses.

What are the chances of Lennon going given he's done what's asked? We kept Duffy despite his underwhelming league one win. He's done well of course, but will your board be likely to take the "he got us out" approach?

Archived