Hibernian Championship Thread 2016/17

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Elixir said:

I imagine they're still laughing at your tinpot outfit going four without a win in pub competitions, tbh.

Hope you enjoyed the away end at ER yesterday Paulo, cheers for the cash x :) 

Jamie Insall update Part 3!!!

League One Player of the month for September!!!
IMG_1476445914.154811.jpg.0a57b522aa799a
And yes we got Manager of the month as well, aren't we great???[emoji6]

Hibs help Insall to award

East Fife striker is Ladbrokes League One Player of the Month
East Fife striker Jamie Insall has pointed to extra time spent on the training ground as one of the main reasons for winning the Ladbrokes League One Player of the Month award for September.

The 24-year-old is currently on-loan from Hibs for the season, and has four goals from five appearances for the promotion-chasers after scoring eight goals in 21 appearances for the club during his first loan spell last season.

And Insall insists that the extra full-time training he gets with his parent club is a big help when he isn’t banging in the goals for the part-timers.

Speaking exclusively to http://news.ladbrokes.com/SPFL" href="http://news.ladbrokes.com/SPFL" target="_blank">Ladbrokes News, he said: "It’s obviously nice to get an award like this. It’s not why you do it, but it’s always a bonus and hopefully shows that I’m putting in some hard work.

“I still train with Hibs a couple of times a week, as well as two nights with East Fife, and I think it’s made my all-round game a lot sharper.

“Neil Lennon is obviously aware I’m out on loan, and hopefully he sees me doing well, but it’s more his assistant Gary Parker who is giving me tips and constantly offering me advice, which has helped a lot.”

“I think I’ve actually come on a lot from last season and I definitely think back-to-back promotions is possible for us at East Fife - why not?”

Whilst Insall has his sights firmly set on another successful season with East Fife, he admits that it would be difficult not to keep an eye on Hibs and their own push for promotion.

He added: “I’d like to think I could offer something to Hibs, but you have to be realistic and look at the strikers they already have. Jason Cummings will probably score 30-plus goals in the league, and Grant Holt has played over 100 games in the Premier League.

“I think it makes more sense for me to be here, and I’m 100% committed and focused on East Fife. We’ll see what happens with Hibs at the end of the season.”

Insall’s progression has also been heralded by his manager Gary Naysmith, who picked up the Ladbrokes League One Manager of the Month award for September.

Naysmith backed-up Insall’s assertion that he’s improved as a player recently and couldn’t speak highly enough of his player.

He said: “Jamie came to us last season, and I would’ve described him as an out-and-out finisher, but whatever he’s done over the summer, he’s transformed. His fitness has got better and he’s got stronger. He feels more comfortable playing up-front on his own and his touch and awareness has improved ten-fold.

“He gave us a focal point to our attack and that’s something we’ve been missing. We were short of something up-front and Jamie’s came in and filled the void and he deserves all of the praise he’s been getting.”

To anyone who lives around Leith , Crowd of my lot coming through to edinburgh tomorrow for City v clyde..

Most of us love a good tennents and cant be arsed stumbling front one to the next to find somewhere decent when we get off train & espicially neither wanting to run into a pub that smells of lunch and large ladies & Their 6 weans as you open the door like many joints in glasgow and surrounding...

Looking for some direction,Traditional pub with SKY etc that serves a minted tennents that doesnt taste like the pipes were last cleaned months ago...

Regards in advance
Shawfield

To anyone who lives around Leith , Crowd of my lot coming through to edinburgh tomorrow for City v clyde..

Most of us love a good tennents and cant be arsed stumbling front one to the next to find somewhere decent when we get off train & espicially neither wanting to run into a pub that smells of lunch and large ladies & Their 6 weans as you open the door like many joints in glasgow and surrounding...

Looking for some direction,Traditional pub with SKY etc that serves a minted tennents that doesnt taste like the pipes were last cleaned months ago...

Regards in advance
Shawfield

Thank you for acknowledging how poor Glasgow is in comparison to Edinburgh.

I think you guys would be right at home in the Regents Bar. Not too far from Meadowbank and does some good beer.

Regards in advance
Shawfield

Mash Tun down Easter road is a good pub, won't be busy and will have the football on as well.

Or if you fancy a few pints & some pool there's the Ball Room that's a 5 minute walk from the ground along at Jocks Lodge.

Both have decent decor as in, neither are auld man jakey b*****d pubs and will serve you a decent pint & they do quite good food as well.

1 hour ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Regards in advance
Shawfield

Artisan on London Rd would probably be best for you.

Where he off to? Pretty sure he helped Celtic sign players and move them on for big money. Ki. Wanyama maybe a few more. Great eye for a player, big part in our success behind the scenes. Got to think the Golden Generation own him allot. I don't think we've recovered from him moving.

25 minutes ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

Wouldn't he take Mathie's job?

I'm not sure Mathie has had much of a say since Lennon came in. All of the signings/players we were linked to all seemed to be Lennons over the summer. Emile Heskey ffs! :lol:  

Archived