Hibernian Championship Thread 2016/17

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the run up to the 2012 final, I'd have been delighted to accept not winning another cup tie for 20 years as long as we won that one.

We did. Handsomely.

That final has held Hertz back. Their sense of ambition has now diminished to accepting a Europa League qualifier as success. Their own fans flying planes over the PBS because the football is that boring ðŸ˜

Hold that thought, it just hit me hibs fans are trying to have a go at Hearts for a poor run in the Scottish of 4 years.. I'm not gonna bother

Hearts fan, hibs thread, talking about the Scottish cup that they have won 1 game in four years. That includes 3 games against the side this thread is in relation to.

That final has held Hertz back. Their sense of ambition has now diminished to accepting a Europa League qualifier as success. Their own fans flying planes over the PBS because the football is that boring ðŸ˜

But they are going to win the league next year :lol:

That final has held Hertz back. Their sense of ambition has now diminished to accepting a Europa League qualifier as success. Their own fans flying planes over the PBS because the football is that boring

Aye, it's really held Hearts back. You can see that in the two clubs' current situations.

Hibs are riding high and looking forward to a third consecutive mouth-watering season in the second tier, while Hearts are languishing in the top flight and facing up to the prospect of competing in the Europa League having shown themselves to be - quite comfortably - the third best team in the country this year.

I wish we'd lost the final. It's all worked out Hibs...

Aye, it's really held Hearts back. You can see that in the two clubs' current situations.

Hibs are riding high and looking forward to a third consecutive mouth-watering season in the second tier, while Hearts are languishing in the top flight and facing up to the prospect of competing in the Europa League having shown themselves to be - quite comfortably - the third best team in the country this year.

Hearts' season was over when we put you out the cup. Let's not pretend otherwise.

Would you rather have two cup runs, putting out your arch rivals, leading to two finals, one of which is still winnable or a match in the Europa league? I think we both know the answer to that.

But shite in the cups, realistically your only chance of success eh

Hearts' season was over when we put you out the cup. Let's not pretend otherwise.

Would you rather have two cup runs, putting out your arch rivals, leading to two finals, one of which is still winnable or a match in the Europa league? I think we both know the answer to that.

But shite in the cups, realistically your only chance of success eh

But would you rather have won the biggest derby of all time 5-1, winning the cup for the 3rd time on 14 years in the process, or have lost it 5-1 and never have seen your team - now, established second-tier team - win the cup ever?

Easy choice.

My team won the cup and is now in the top flight and in Europe.

Your team were humiliated in the cup final (and two since) and are stuck in the lower leagues.

Hibs lose however you frame this.

But would you rather have won the biggest derby of all time 5-1, winning the cup for the 3rd time on 14 years in the process, or have lost it 5-1 and never have seen your team - now, established second-tier team - win the cup ever?

Easy choice.

My team won the cup and is now in the top flight and in Europe.

Your team were humiliated in the cup final (and two since) and are stuck in the lower leagues.

Hibs lose however you frame this.

I would rather have not almost gone out of business doing so.

Hummiliation is telling people they have lost their jobs, calling in admistrators, telling all they companies that you took services from you can't afford to pay them back, begging for survival. Not losing a football match.

Hummiliation is telling people they have lost their jobs, calling in admistrators, telling all they companies that you took services from you can't afford to pay them back, begging for survival. Not losing a football match.

A staggering denial of reality.

Hearts are financially stable, developing the stadium, playing in front of big crowds, heading to Europe and have Scotland's third best side. We've also won the cup 3 times since this date in 1998.

Hibs are now an established second-tier side, they play to pitiful crowds, they haven't won the cup in the lifetime of the Labour Party, they lost their biggest game of modern times to their biggest rivals 5-1.

Yet in the minds of the Hibbies, they're up on this deal!

Enjoy.

You enjoy that 3rd place parade then. Maybe you'll get back to Hampden one day.

Wait - what parade do Hibs have planned?

Hibs haven't finished 3rd in over a decade and have managed it only three times in 40 years.

Joke of a club.

It's very true. 1998 led to Robinson saying they had to sell the pink dump they where that much in debt. The other two led to admin and bake sales. Prior to that it was 40 odd years without a trophy.

:lol:

The best sides show their consistency over a league campaign, not cup ties.

Suggesting Hearts won't win cup competitions any more because we're not spunking £5,000+ a week on shit players. Laughable. :D

Remember the "level playing field"? How is that working out exactly?

Making the case for lower league football. :lol:

This is why your club will always be a laughing stock. It filters through from your loser support.

In the eyes of oddball Hibs supporters like yourself, but not in the eyes of the majority of football supporters who only give a f**k about, erm, football.

In my lifetime Hearts have won ONE more trophy than Hibs. That may be equal come Saturday. Is that the mark of a massively more successful club?

It's one mark, clearly.

Superior league performances, European performances, head to head record and supporter attendances all contribute.

I'm sure you'll understand.

I think that's really one of the main areas where football really lets itself down. There's an old saying 'cheats never prosper' and yet in football they invariably do.  Clubs like ourselves , hibs etc have been financially prudent over a number of years and yet are a division below teams that have taken the utter pish out of scottish football and their local communities like Sevco, Hearts and Dundee. Its obvious that the punishment for going into admin doesnt fit the crime especially in the case of Dundee and Hearts who have suffered very little for  their actions.  It really must stick in the throat of hearts and dundee's creditors to see them now spending large amounts on players whilst having left them with huge holes in their finances due to debts being left unpaid.  Anne Budge loves getting into the news regarding all the good she has done for Hearts but has still totally ignored the plight of the creditors left in their wake. 

I think that's really one of the main areas where football really lets itself down. There's an old saying 'cheats never prosper' and yet in football they invariably do. Clubs like ourselves , hibs etc have been financially prudent over a number of years and yet are a division below teams that have taken the utter pish out of scottish football and their local communities like Sevco, Hearts and Dundee. Its obvious that the punishment for going into admin doesnt fit the crime especially in the case of Dundee and Hearts who have suffered very little for their actions. It really must stick in the throat of hearts and dundee's creditors to see them now spending large amounts on players whilst having left them with huge holes in their finances due to debts being left unpaid. Anne Budge loves getting into the news regarding all the good she has done for Hearts but has still totally ignored the plight of the creditors left in their wake.

Probably your best ever post on here.

It's one mark, clearly.

Superior league performances, European performances, head to head record and supporter attendances all contribute.

I'm sure you'll understand.

Hope you've got those 3rd place finishes in the honours list then.

Archived