Hibernian Championship Thread 2016/17

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, The Diabolical One said:

FFS Bambino why did you have to get this one correct. :lol:

:lol: I'm half happy I got it right half fucked off because I got it right :lol: 

There seems to be a certain attitude from some Hibs fans that is creeping in recently that I can't understand. Yes, the crowds have come back and we're at a better place as a club than at any point in the last decade, but what right do we have to sign players like Liam Boyce, Louis Moult (or basically any other player who scores lots and lots of goals in the top flight)? They are players who should - and almost certainly are - attracting interest from clubs in England and/or Rangers, Aberdeen etc.

What's worse, these people can't even put their finger on what they want. They just shout for "Hendo" to come home and for the board to bring Stokesy back. If they just want to reunite the cup final team, then let's go all out and buy Chris Dagnall back from Crewe and fish Niklas Gunnarsson out of the North Sea.

He was okay against Falkirk but absolutely stinking against Hamilton. If he wants to play regularly here he's going to have to improve big time. When you compare him to someone like Cummings you realise even they two are on completely different levels. 

I expect Graham to be gone shortly. That leaves us with Cummings and Murray. We'll sign another two strikers, I just hope they are at the level we need.

3 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

There seems to be a certain attitude from some Hibs fans that is creeping in recently that I can't understand. Yes, the crowds have come back and we're at a better place as a club than at any point in the last decade, but what right do we have to sign players like Liam Boyce, Louis Moult (or basically any other player who scores lots and lots of goals in the top flight)? They are players who should - and almost certainly are - attracting interest from clubs in England and/or Rangers, Aberdeen etc.

What's worse, these people can't even put their finger on what they want. They just shout for "Hendo" to come home and for the board to bring Stokesy back. If they just want to reunite the cup final team, then let's go all out and buy Chris Dagnall back from Crewe and fish Niklas Gunnarsson out of the North Sea.

Why can't we aim high though? We should have the 4th biggest budget next year, a club on the up with ambitions. I'm not in that boat crying for all the ex players, but we should be fighting for the best quality to come into the club. Ill give Murray a chance if he does sign but if Lennon is serious about challenging in the top 4, then quality is needed. 

Might take you a wee while to get on an even keel with these teams mind you. Aberdeen for instance got over 2mill for finishing second this season whilst you boys got only what 400k odd for winning the championship. Thats a bug gulf to start with.

10 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

The only thing I disagree about here is Hendo. We should be trying to get him back imo. We're going to lose SJM at some point so planning ahead and spending a wee bit of that fee on another investment in Henderson seems like a no brainier to me. 

He also has that creatively that we missed big time last year.

I know him, curious to know how you kehnt for ages ?

ITK m8.

ETA: wasn't a definite until earlier in the week like but Hibs have been keen for a long time. Lennons OTT praise of him the other week on BT was a wee subtle hint I think.

5 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

The only thing I disagree about here is Hendo. We should be trying to get him back imo. We're going to lose SJM at some point so planning ahead and spending a wee bit of that fee on another investment in Henderson seems like a no brainier to me. 

He also has that creatively that we missed big time last year.

I'd also love to see Henderson back, but just not for the sole reason that "he delivered 2 really good corners in the only Hibs game I've watched in the last 5 years haha", which some of our fans seem to have fallen into a trap of. He played well throughout the 2015-16 season, his performance in the 2-2 at Tynecastle was, in my opinion, criminally underrated. The main difference between Henderson and the rest of the players from 21/05/16 who have left is that he's a youngster with a good career ahead of him if he can scrape himself off the Celtic bench.

Hibs should be working hard to get him back, but the reality is that Celtic are quite happy to pay him a wage and make sure he doesn't go to another club in Scotland and strengthen them. They're hoarding players, and some Hibs fans are going to get a wake up call when they realise they're not going to be our pals who let us borrow players now we're back in the top flight.

Archived