Hibernian Championship Thread 2016/17

If it comes down to a straight choice between Shinnie and Commons then its got to be Commons hasn't it?

he only played a few games but you could see he wasn't fully fit and he was still making a big impact in terms of goals from midfield. If we got him fully fit I reckon he'd be a great signing. Shinnie in the first half of the season was shite. he had a few decent games in and around the Hearts replay but for me, that's not enough to warrant trying to keep him. far too inconsistent.

a midfield of:

Bartley

McGeouch (fully fit)    McGinn

Commons

would be decent enough. still think we need another couple of midfielders as back up. only got Boyle out wide now too which needs to be addressed. 2 wingers, neither of which need to have pace but can get a decent cross in would be good with Boyle as an impact sub. the defence speaks for itself, once Efe has signed I think it'll be relatively settled. really hope we get Marciano back too. been our most reliable goalie for ages.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Shinnie's had long enough.  Frustrating player to watch, time to replace him imo.  Should get a McGeough replacement as well, the reality is that he's rarely match fit unfortunately.  Would be great to see Commons back, even not being fully fit he dug the team out of a tight situation in December.

Would agree with TGIG on Murray. Decent enough as a backup but if he's going to be first choice, I won't be happy.

Based purely on performances, I wouldn't sign Shinnie. He's showed in frustratingly brief spells that there's a really good player in there though. Absolute nap he'll sign for someone else in Scotland and do well :lol:

Aye Shinnie will sign for St Johnstone or Dundee and be decent, I personally wouldn't waste a wage on him and there's surely better out there.

Simon Murray for Graham is no-brainier either. 

I think we can do better than Shinnie, he's decent but if he's signed to play on the left I'd much rather we signed a natural left midfielder. Swanson will probably take Shinnie's role in the team anyway. 

Henderson should be the main target when it comes to midfielders, he's not going to get the game time at Celtic and will likely move on this summer. You know he'd love to play for us again and he'll always be welcomed back. I'd be majorly pissed of if we let him slip through our fingers. If we can't afford him there's nothing we can do about that but hope we at least try.

Oh ya fucker.. just to sum up how painful 13/14 was... when your joint-top scorers in the league only had 6 goals :lol:

Got 107/107. Was luckily on the phone to my cousin at the time who helped me with the earlier season scorers whilst I prattled off the ones I could instantly remember. After that I was just entering random players names from memory. Was down to 2:14 on the timer before we remembered Libbra

24 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

O'Hanlon is easily the worst centre-half I've seen at Hibs.

Dark days.

Nah, that Boateng boy we got from Arsenal was much worse for me. Utter donkey and was somehow the captain of their U21 side :lol: 

1 minute ago, Zing. said:

Nah, that Boateng boy we got from Arsenal was much worse for me. Utter donkey and was somehow the captain of their U21 side :lol: 

Remember getting excited after he signed, he was fucking rotten. Thankfully he never played much. 

Doing my best to try and forget about O'Hanlon.

There were some truly awful players in the 3 or 4 years before we went down. Every club signs a diddy or two. We seemed to be buying them in bulk 4 or 5 at a time.

Years of drug and alcohol abuse are only slowly erasing them from my mind.

28 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Is that the same boy who's at Airdrie now? Making a mess of it in League 1 too if it is.

Michael Nelson is by far the worst centre back ive ever seen. he was actually so bad that hibs fans stood up and started ironically cheering when he was sent off vs partick. couldn't tackle, couldn't pass, couldn't run. just fucking shite. actually detest most of the side that took us down. mercenaries

Archived