Hibernian Championship Thread 2016/17

20 hours ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

Absolute patter merchants down Gorgie. Can't decide what their funniest joke has been. The card, being 2-0 up with ten minutes to go and chucking it away to your greatest rivals whilst they go on to lift the cup or appointing Ian Cathro as manager.

Cathro will take some beating.  As funny as them going into administration. 

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Mon Dieu said:

Rip up his contract...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!
THE HIBEES!!!!!!

WE ARE GREEN & WHITE ARMY!!!!!!!1!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!!1
IT'S THE HIBEES!1!!11!

COMING STRAIGHT OUT OF LEITH!111111 !

#NoFilter #UMG #RCA #Columbia #SonyMusic #WMG #EMI #Geffen #Interscope #GrammyAwards2018

Be careful matey, he's got copyright on that. Man's now a legend.    

A bit underwhelming. Can only hope with Keats and Holt away he's only in to make up the numbers and not as a first choice.

Simon Murray Brian Graham partnership 1st game of the season.

nic3.png.34b2b95f0512697e2523ead2d64c46cc.png

I don't think Murray is a better player than Keatings tbh. I like that he has a bit of pace and works hard though. Don't think he'd be coming to us as first choice either. 

If Lennon thinks he's got something to offer I'm happy to go with his judgement on this one. 

My main target this summer would be Liam Henderson. Get him signed, Hibs. He ticks all the boxes with the kind of player we should be signing.

53 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Keatings is a far better option to have than Murray.

While this is true, Keatings wanted to move on for guaranteed football so knocked us back in favour of United. Simon Murray is shite and will hopefully be warming our bench if signed. If he's being brought in as first choice I'll be beyond a seething wreck. 

Lennon was raving about him on BT Sport during the play off games.

I feel he'd be ok as a back up, gives us a different option from the bench. If Graham leaves too, I'd expect/want another 2 in to start ahead of Murray.

wonder what happened to the big polish forward boy we were after? could be going into a new season with Cummings, Stokes, Murray and another forward. i'd be relatively happy with that, as long as its a new centre forward rather than brian graham

Murray over Graham any day of the week for me so he'll be an improvement there. So, Kestings Graham and Holt will need replacing. Potentially Cummings as well if we receive a high enough bid for him. 

That could be 4 strikers we need to replace, he seems like a sensible free transfer to me.

Murray over Graham any day of the week for me so he'll be an improvement there. So, Kestings Graham and Holt will need replacing. Potentially Cummings as well if we receive a high enough bid for him. 

That could be 4 strikers we need to replace, he seems like a sensible free transfer to me.

Embrace the ginger mate.

Let him into your heart and he'll never leave. Unpredictable as f**k but will give his absolute all, genuinely frightening the effort he puts in. Drags the whole team up the park.

Still have fond memories of his first game for us, playing a full strength Aberdeen at Gayfield to help them prepare for Europe when we only had 7 signed players. Absolutely pumped rotten but Murray ran about 42 miles and never ever stopped even when we were 5/6 down or whatever.

Done well when he got on it too, much more gangly and wirey back then but even back then McInnes was asking about him after the game.

Been firmly lodged into my heart since then. Be sad to see him leave United but if he does go couldn't ask for a much better club to leave to than the Edinburgh version of Hibernian. [emoji1132][emoji6]

Archived