Hibernian Championship Thread 2016/17

Keatings is a hot and cold type of player but I think he deserves a chance with us next year. For a guy who has constantly been brought in and out of the team and more often that not played out of position, he's made a decent enough contribution over the last few years.

That tallies with my memory of him in Maroon and for that matter with what we were told by Accies fans

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Zing. said:

Sounds like they're puting themselves in the shop window to see what comes up, can't blame them for that and Hibs will get decent cash for them at least even with the McGinn percentage for St Mirren.

24 minutes ago, Scosha said:

How much do you reckon Hibs would let him go for given the fact they rejected 2 million last summer?

Apparently 1.7 million was the total figure of the transfer offer including add ons etc. We'll be looking at 2.5/3 million for him I'd reckon. 

Looking at Transfermarkt, he played 3,081 minutes for Hibs in 2014/15 and has just about scraped 1,000 minutes in the two seasons since. :lol:

I'm not one of those people who calls anyone who leaves us a traitor, but he was an actual fucking idiot for thinking he could break into Celtic's midfield at that time - they had about 10 central midfielders IIRC. He also left Dundee United way too soon and his career completely faltered down south before we signed him.

I'm surprised it's even that many.

The boy is a roaster. He could've stuck it out with us and went to Rangers on a free at the start of this season. Instead he's now approaching 26 and has played a grand total of one full season of football.

No sympathy for him whatsoever.

23 minutes ago, King Dom's Moustache said:

I'm surprised it's even that many.

The boy is a roaster. He could've stuck it out with us and went to Rangers on a free at the start of this season. Instead he's now approaching 26 and has played a grand total of one full season of football.

No sympathy for him whatsoever.

Can't really blame him for going to a place where his wage packet would be about 4x the size. You would do the same. He's still young enough and will pitch up at a team like yours and become one of the better players for the rest of the career. Such is life.

See the Sun are reporting that we want Whittaker back for next season. Kenny Millar also saying that Grays agent has been offering him about other clubs. Would hate to lose him due to 21/05/16 but he's been well below par this season. 

I'd take Whittaker back.  Always seems like a honest pro.  Kept an interest in matters at hibs even when he was taking in the devils pound.

Also according to Wikipedia during oldcos demise...  I know.  He said this "We owe no loyalty to the new club. There is no history there for us."

good lad.

2 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

I'd take Whittaker back.  Always seems like a honest pro.  Kept an interest in matters at hibs even when he was taking in the devils pound.

He was back with the league cup squad in March and he was saying he'd love to be back here next season. Sounded like the usual pish spouted by footballers but looks like it could happen. 

Wouldn't be too disappointed to see Gray go tbh, aye he gave me the best day as a Hibs supporter but on the whole he's been pretty average this season and Whittaker would be a massive upgrade.

Can see a big change in the squad this summer tbh.

Fontaine, Gray, Fyvie, Graham, McGinn, Cummings & McGeouch might all go.

6 minutes ago, King Dom's Moustache said:

Wouldn't be too disappointed to see Gray go tbh, aye he gave me the best day as a Hibs supporter but on the whole he's been pretty average this season and Whittaker would be a massive upgrade.

Can see a big change in the squad this summer tbh.

Fontaine, Gray, Fyvie, Graham, McGinn, Cummings & McGeouch might all go.

Agree. Gray has been roasted a fair few times this season by utterly average teams/players. Looks like it'll be a big summer for us. 

The thought of Saturday being the last time we ever see Gray in a Hibs top guts me.

whittaker is better though although I would keep Sir David and play SW LB.  I still can't believe the shot that hit both posts at the pink shit hole never went in. 

3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

He's been a top player for you.  Even before 'that' cup final I said:

Can't see the majority of your post but he's been a good player for us.  Whittaker is better though and Grays even on holiday mode this season as a whole.  Perhaps looking at his career he needs to keep moving on to be fresh.  Forever a legend though.  Scored a belter on Boxing Day a couple years ago too. 

Archived