Hibernian Championship Thread 2016/17

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite excited by this. Despite being off the shelf catalogue numbers, i think the Nike strips have been okay. The one from last season will obviously go down in history and i do think this season's home kit is a thing of beauty. The quality of the Macron kits will be far superior though and going by the design of the Sporting and Betis one that HB posted in particular, we could be in for a treat.

6 minutes ago, Dominique Malonga said:

Quite excited by this. Despite being off the shelf catalogue numbers, i think the Nike strips have been okay. The one from last season will obviously go down in history and i do think this season's home kit is a thing of beauty. The quality of the Macron kits will be far superior though and going by the design of the Sporting and Betis one that HB posted in particular, we could be in for a treat.

It's not mainly the strip I have a gripe with, it was the utter shite they had in supply after the cup final and the fact they refused to manufacture any further strips after we won the cup.  Cost the club shitloads.  

Pleased with Macron, should have a nice custom kit for next season with hopefully some better service to boot. Wonder how many seasons we'll shift if we get this league sewn up in the next couple of weeks and if we reach the cup final again

16 hours ago, Dominique Malonga said:

Whilst the design of this seasons kit was okay it felt a lot more tacky than our previous Nike kits. Felt a lot tighter in size comparison as well. And the badge felt like it had been ironed on like a patch instead of sewn on

21 minutes ago, Dave1875 said:

Whilst the design of this seasons kit was okay it felt a lot more tacky than our previous Nike kits. Felt a lot tighter in size comparison as well. And the badge felt like it had been ironed on like a patch instead of sewn on

Dave I found that with my new Ton top see U in the pie shop Weds.

Like that TPS top 5 star. 

Tbf I've not got this years top as I seldom wear football tops although had they brought out a long sleeve one I'd have been all over it. I was quite gutted it was only short sleeved as I really liked the look of the kit from when I first saw it in the flesh against Edinburgh City. I asked the the boy in the shop why there was no long sleeve version and he said that Nike stopped doing them to encourage people to buy their under armour too.

The quality of the strips next season should be very good though.

Le Coq Sportif made some belting hibs kits. Liked the puma 12/13 top too although the awful thistle kit or whatever it was and the home one with the "slope" were awful. The first season Nike kit was decent, the one after we were relegated was embarrassing although I'd heard that was meant to be a training top but after butcher was sacked they ditched that "camouflage kit" idea. 

Last seasons kit was a belter and will go down in history. My favourite home top ever.

23 minutes ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

Le Coq Sportif made some belting hibs kits. Liked the puma 12/13 top too although the awful thistle kit or whatever it was and the home one with the "slope" were awful. The first season Nike kit was decent, the one after we were relegated was embarrassing although I'd heard that was meant to be a training top but after butcher was sacked they ditched that "camouflage kit" idea. 

Last seasons kit was a belter and will go down in history. My favourite home top ever.

Considering they even had the idea of a camouflage kit, I'm glad we got what we had the first season in the Championship

Archived