Hibernian Championship Thread 2016/17

8 hours ago, Bambino7 said:

Kickback says:

massive love in between the two teams just now - weirdos.

celtic won Hibs the cup last year - sick.

Jealousy is a tough thing.

something in side so strong.

hail hail the bhoys are here. 

Thought the post about Lennon transferring money to Celtic via PapePal was quite funny. 

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Kool Keith said:

What position? 

Central defence/Right back. Our injuries must be longer term that initially thought. We've gone from having the best defence in the entire world to this shambles in a matter of weeks. 

The problem with this signing is if folk are ready to jump on his back after one mistake, would be a nightmare if that was tomorrow or Saturday and it ends up like a Zibi situation every time he gets the ball.

I think he'll compliment McGregor and have a good spell. He is only in as a back up as well until Hanlon gets fit, which should hopefully not be too long.

Brian McLean, brother of the referee Steven, also signing on a short term deal apparently. 

That's the one folk should jump on and laugh at. Ambrose is Barasi in comparison.

Heard this with Laidlaw too but hes done alright,

It's quite possible he'll be alright, but I guess if you were to ask the likes of Ross County and Motherwell about him the reports wouldn't be glowing.

Some players are better than others at different clubs. Liam Craig being a fine example, although not recently.

Brian McLean and Effe Ambrose. I find it strange that Hibs a club top of the championship and going great guns in the scottish cup again after winning it last season cant seem to be able to entice a slightly better standard of player than those two. Was never a great fan of Stubbs but he seemed to manage to get a better standard of player signed than Lennon.

Brian McLean and Effe Ambrose. I find it strange that Hibs a club top of the championship and going great guns in the scottish cup again after winning it last season cant seem to be able to entice a slightly better standard of player than those two. Was never a great fan of Stubbs but he seemed to manage to get a better standard of player signed than Lennon.

It's basically march & not a lot more than 2 months left of the season.

We haven't needed to sign any defenders until now. Not sure what the problem is.

Ambrose (whilst occasionally prone to a brain fart) has lots of champions league experience, has won leagues at Celtic and also won the AFCoN. McLean I very much doubt will get anywhere near the XI and will purely be a bench filler whilst we get 1 or 2 bodies back.

22 minutes ago, King Dom's Moustache said:

It's basically march & not a lot more than 2 months left of the season.

We haven't needed to sign any defenders until now. Not sure what the problem is.

Ambrose (whilst occasionally prone to a brain fart) has lots of champions league experience, has won leagues at Celtic and also won the AFCoN. McLean I very much doubt will get anywhere near the XI and will purely be a bench filler whilst we get 1 or 2 bodies back.

I thought Hanlon had been out for nearly a month now. Would he not have been better getting a replacement in a bit earlier.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

They are only temporary replacements, who do you suggest we go for instead? I'm glad we've acted sharply to try and resolve the situation.

Archived