Hibernian Championship Thread 2016/17

This whole Lennon interview from yesterday is either going to fire us right up to pull away from the pack or we'll fucking crumble. Another season in this league is unthinkable. 

I mentioned previously I heard the interview on the way back from cappielow and thought Lennon came across really well. Last season stubbs would have complained about the pitch the ref etc and said you were great and deserved to win. Lennon tells it how it is he won't molly caudle your players and gh is us why he will get you promoted at the first attempt and stubbs couldn't. I think you'll beat the pars by at least two clear goals as a result of this on saturday

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

How many Hibs fans died this week and how many minutes of applause are Hearts fans expected to take part in, this is important.

Who gets an applause? is it auld folk, cancer victims, road crash victims, those who have been murdered? Who decides on the applause?

200w.gif

2 hours ago, Zing. said:

This whole Lennon interview from yesterday is either going to fire us right up to pull away from the pack or we'll fucking crumble. Another season in this league is unthinkable. 

I agreed with most of what he said but he needed to take a share of the blame for getting the tactics wrong yesterday and not changing it quickly enough.

He gave pass marks to Graham for his first half display, Eh? He was dug shite yesterday, meant to be our target man and didn't win a single ball all game. Then singles out JC for criticism, he had no service all game, had to feed to scraps and punts to him against a centre half 3 times his size. He obviously has a problem with JC, best young striker in Scotland and Lennon berates him publicly and drops him every few games, fucks sake. 

On 7/4/2016 at 12:42, Hibeesbounce75 said:

Still can't remember him. I'd have only been growing up at the time he was playing for us if it was the 90s

I think you're still trying tbf. Never heard of wee mac ? never a Hibby in a million years. Your contribution to this thread makes like comedy gold lmfao.

1 minute ago, CupidStunt1875 said:

I think you're still trying tbf. Never heard of wee mac ? never a Hibby in a million years. Your contribution to this thread makes like comedy gold lmfao.

Going all the way back to July for a post. What an absolute embarrassment to your family you must be :lol: .Yes it's defo me that's never a hibby. Right enough. Can you f**k off now? You're getting quite boring.

8 minutes ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

Going all the way back to July for a post. What an absolute embarrassment to your family you must be :lol: .Yes it's defo me that's never a hibby. Right enough. Can you f**k off now? You're getting quite boring.

Just reading back through the thread I'm at July now, can't wait to get up to present day. :thumsup2

12 minutes ago, CupidStunt1875 said:

Just reading back through the thread I'm at July now, can't wait to get up to present day. :thumsup2

Tbf that will be a fantastic read, all the m9s are brilliant posters. Wish I could go back an experience it all again for the first time. Lucky b*****d.

5 hours ago, St. Jude said:

I agreed with most of what he said but he needed to take a share of the blame for getting the tactics wrong yesterday and not changing it quickly enough.

He gave pass marks to Graham for his first half display, Eh? He was dug shite yesterday, meant to be our target man and didn't win a single ball all game. Then singles out JC for criticism, he had no service all game, had to feed to scraps and punts to him against a centre half 3 times his size. He obviously has a problem with JC, best young striker in Scotland and Lennon berates him publicly and drops him every few games, fucks sake. 

Said yesterday I thought a lot of what he said was accurate, Hibs can be very frustrating to watch at times.  Singling players out in public is out of order of course especially the only player that can score goals for the team.  Would like to think he has the self awareness to realise that it's ultimately him that picks the players/shape of the team rather than 100% punting the blame onto the players.  Not sure if that's the case though.

12 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Keatings should be up top with Cummings when Holt doesn't play, it would maybe stop us playing so many long balls. Keatings best position as well.

Totally agree.  How Lennon doesn't see this is baffling though. He probably thinks one of these days Graham will turn in a samaras performance* one of these days.

*if you can, make it Weds night cheers. 

Keatings scored three at St Mirren when he was played up top, as well as two at Falkirk in the play-offs. I can never work out why Stubbs and Lennon like to have him playing in behind two strikers, especially when it's usually a combination of Cummings + a huddy (Graham/Dagnall/Holt etc).

Aye Keats' isn't midfielder.  His movement up top is actually really good and has scored some important goals.  It's not as if Cummings gets bullied either that he needs a battering ram alongside him. 

9 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I mentioned previously I heard the interview on the way back from cappielow and thought Lennon came across really well. Last season stubbs would have complained about the pitch the ref etc and said you were great and deserved to win. Lennon tells it how it is he won't molly caudle your players and gh is us why he will get you promoted at the first attempt and stubbs couldn't. I think you'll beat the pars by at least two clear goals as a result of this on saturday

I do agree with most if not all of what Lennon said. There is always the problem that it could have the same affect that Butcher had and ruin their confidence. Lennon has really defended the players all season, drawing for the eighth time was obviously too much for him. These players need to have a look at themselves. As much as Lennon is clueless boys like Fyvie/McGinn/Keatings need to offer more every week. 

Archived