Pre Season Friendlies

9 hours ago, GreenhouseGuy said:

Can see it being tight at the bottom this season too be fair. YM,nithsdale, lochar, vale and fleet all in the the dogscrap not too finish bottom of table. 

Fleet will def be bottom as they are not even playing this season!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, GreenhouseGuy said:

Can see it being tight at the bottom this season too be fair. YM,nithsdale, lochar, vale and fleet all in the the dogscrap not too finish bottom of table. 

What you basing this on? You watched all these teams frequently in preseason have you? you know of all comings and goings for all the teams in the league? Vale have the strongest squad they've had for years. Nithsdale had a great result against a good junior side last night? Lochar had a really strong finish to the league last season and they've added players?

You can't judge how a team will do in the forecoming season going on freindly results, they're used primarily for fitness, getting boys game time (out of position a lot of the time) and having a look at different systems/formations. Results are way down the pecking order in what matters in pre-season games.

Depending on Edu and how quick they get their players across, I think it could be one of the most competitive South Leagues in years.

Just basing it on previous league standings of the clubs. Nithsdale will struggle severely again, vale always big up there team saying it's the best they've had in years and then end up with same team they've had for last five years. Lochar haven't strengthened enough, bringing in poor signings and fleet non exsistant if you ask me. Creetown will do the best of the pack

I was informed about Lochar Thistle's performance last night, was quoted by a friend the players should consider the sunday league tier, boys playing out of position and boys on their sidelines that couldn't spell football never mind playing it. Sort there team out could easily end up mid table. They are playing YMCA FC this saturday, difficult but going for Lochar Thistle just, players at YMCA FC difficult to read as none have played football before clearly.

Was up watching heston the other night, real potential to get far in the top league this season, real pace added to their squad and plenty of options. Top 3 for me. 

3 hours ago, ClarkyBoy17 said:

I was informed about Lochar Thistle's performance last night, was quoted by a friend the players should consider the sunday league tier, boys playing out of position and boys on their sidelines that couldn't spell football never mind playing it. Sort there team out could easily end up mid table. They are playing YMCA FC this saturday, difficult but going for Lochar Thistle just, players at YMCA FC difficult to read as none have played football before clearly.

Was up watching heston the other night, real potential to get far in the top league this season, real pace added to their squad and plenty of options. Top 3 for me. 

noticed on palmerston colts facebook that they only had 12 players available so surely lochar should be taking control of games against sunday league teams especially when they run out of steam near the end

Tbh, I'm hearing a lot of people on this and at the games saying this season is going to be tightest and most competitive yet, these people are just being silly, except edu. That should be in the lowland, it's an insult too them French boys playing against YMFC down the kingholm. Every team can beat everyone. Just a pub league let's be honest. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs to start working weekends on a regular basis 

1 hour ago, GreenhouseGuy said:

Apart from creetown aswell, they have the squad and facilities to be in the lowland. 

If your posts are not a rather poor attempt at a windup what are you on?

Creetown are well aware that great changing facilities are only the tip of the club license set up and membership of the Lowland league.

Even if they were in position financialy and otherwise to totally enclose the ground the cost to any club in this area of playing in  the Lowland would be prohibitive in its present form

Regular  followers of the South (which you clearly are not) enjoy their football and do not want to listen to drivel from someone who does not even know who is playing in the league.  

What you basing this on? You watched all these teams frequently in preseason have you? you know of all comings and goings for all the teams in the league? Vale have the strongest squad they've had for years. Nithsdale had a great result against a good junior side last night? Lochar had a really strong finish to the league last season and they've added players?

You can't judge how a team will do in the forecoming season going on freindly results, they're used primarily for fitness, getting boys game time (out of position a lot of the time) and having a look at different systems/formations. Results are way down the pecking order in what matters in pre-season games.

Depending on Edu and how quick they get their players across, I think it could be one of the most competitive South Leagues in years.

You just contradicted yourself

21 hours ago, info said:

If your posts are not a rather poor attempt at a windup what are you on?

Creetown are well aware that great changing facilities are only the tip of the club license set up and membership of the Lowland league.

Even if they were in position financialy and otherwise to totally enclose the ground the cost to any club in this area of playing in  the Lowland would be prohibitive in its present form

Regular  followers of the South (which you clearly are not) enjoy their football and do not want to listen to drivel from someone who does not even know who is playing in the league.  

Just basing it on previous league standings of the clubs. Nithsdale will struggle severely again, vale always big up there team saying it's the best they've had in years and then end up with same team they've had for last five years. Lochar haven't strengthened enough, bringing in poor signings and fleet non exsistant if you ask me. Creetown will do the best of the pac

Spoiler

A wind up? I don't understand. Im a person who has followed the SOS league for many years. I've been in many commitees for various amount of the clubs. I think I have a good knowledge of the league. I was player for many years with the old balmoral. So you can't say I don't know the league mate. 

Archived