Lanark Utd 2016/17

graemeb

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Surely with the poor league position and the time that John Brogan has had at Lanark it must be time for the committee to make the decision to let him go?? No explanation for the removal of Jimmy Kerr and Chris Jarvie from last season either, questions have to be asked!!!

12 hours ago, Steelman said:

Surely with the poor league position and the time that John Brogan has had at Lanark it must be time for the committee to make the decision to let him go?? No explanation for the removal of Jimmy Kerr and Chris Jarvie from last season either, questions have to be asked!!!

Lanark had a strange season last year. They started off really well then fell away badly after Christmas. It's now been almost  a whole calander year since they had any consistency. It may be time for a change. 

Having played Lanark yesterday and taking a draw from Loch Park, it was a changed team from the start of the season.

The second division is probably the most competitive league in the west region, knowing John he will be as frustrated as anyone about the team, but with financial restrictions,  having to construct a new team every season sometime two teams in one season then it brings its own difficulties.  Lanark have a young team which is different to what they have had in the past were they had experienced players,  so you will get inconsistent performances but there is not a better coach with his experience to learn from than John,  but he can only do it if they want to learn and listen to him.

Stick with him and he will get you there.

P.S I still think we should have taken all three point yesterday.

2 hours ago, Mr.Albert said:

Having played Lanark yesterday and taking a draw from Loch Park, it was a changed team from the start of the season.

The second division is probably the most competitive league in the west region, knowing John he will be as frustrated as anyone about the team, but with financial restrictions,  having to construct a new team every season sometime two teams in one season then it brings its own difficulties.  Lanark have a young team which is different to what they have had in the past were they had experienced players,  so you will get inconsistent performances but there is not a better coach with his experience to learn from than John,  but he can only do it if they want to learn and listen to him.

Stick with him and he will get you there.

P.S I still think we should have taken all three point yesterday.

I agree with everything you have said, including your observation about the result.

Manager has attracted a number of good young players. They have the ability but they need to knit together better.

On 05/11/2016 at 20:11, Steelman said:

Think you are misinformed. Jim left after a fall out with Brogan(i think must people involved in juniors know what brogay is like so best leave it at that) and has gone back to Cambuslang who seem to be doing very well. Kris Jarvie was shoddily treated by a club he had served well. Kris is top man and im sure he will get a coaching or management role very soon. We should stick with Brogan imo he has the track record to get them up and maybe shire apart it is a very close league so they still have a big chance. Great set up at lanark so hopefully we can turn it about and get promotion. Mty

• 1 month later...
On 5 January 2017 at 12:02, Yowes news said:

Lanark delighted to announce the signing of Paul Burns from Larkhall Thistle.

Paul will bring great experience to a younger group of players and his track record and professionalism speaks for itself.

Welcome back to Lanark Paul.

Always liked Paul so potentially a good signing. Will need some game time to get back into the swing of things.  His game improved yesterday when he moved to a more familiar full back role.

It is such a pity that Gordon Murphy has been injured for so long and struggling to make a return. He has had such a positive impact since he re - signed for us. If Paul can get close to that then he will be a good signing.

Young Ronan has done really well since being moved to wing back. His versatility is admirable and his development is good to see now that he is gaining experience and playing more regularly.

Gareth Halford has been an excellent signing too.

We've got a lot of good individual players, just need them to gel as a team. 

• 2 weeks later...

Gordon Murphy telling me today that he is almost certain to call it a day as he doubts he can risk a return despite some improvement in his knee.

He has to be sensible and think of his livelihood. Thanks for all your efforts in both spells at Lanark Gordon.  Good servant of Forth and Carluke too.

On 26 August 2016 at 09:10, Yowes news said:

Lanark have added David Bannerman and James Faughan to their squad for the forthcoming season. Both players have signed on loan from Wishaw and will go straight into the squad for Saturday's match versus Newmains.

David is a wide midfielder and James a striker.

Welcome to the club guys and all the best for the season ahead.

How long do we have these two on loan for? Both done well.

On 14 October 2016 at 21:25, spud4 said:

Think he was at Thorniewood last year not so sure if was playing there this year tho!

Andy Crilly has done extremely well for us since he signed. Firmed us up a bit.

On 15 September 2016 at 10:41, Yowes news said:

Lanark are pleased to announce the signing of striker Saaf El-Zubaidi from Gartcairn.

Saaf will go straight into the squad for Saturday's home match versus Vale of Leven.

Welcome to the club Saaf.

Has the big fella left us? Not been seen in recent weeks. Very little impact when he played and I don't recall him scoring.

How long do we have these two on loan for? Both done well.

Both only signed a month extension at the start of January Brian so both are due back after Saturday I believe. Two very good young players.

10 hours ago, spud4 said:

Both only signed a month extension at the start of January Brian so both are due back after Saturday I believe. Two very good young players.

I am sure the experience will have held them both in good stead for their future. David in particular has benefitted by getting more used to the robust nature of this level.  James is also a very good prospect who would benefit from a consistent run of games.

• 3 weeks later...

I believe we have only lost one game in 12, against the runaway league leaders Perthshire.  I suspect this is the best run of form that I have experienced in the 10 plus years I have been following Lanark. We only had 11 players today, for one reason and another but,  we got skill, effort, entertainment, luck and another result.  I am hoping we can maintain this combination to the season end.

I have been critical of our penalty kick record over the past couple of seasons but, we have had 4 in 2 games and scored them all so, hush my mouth.

Worth recording the debut of 15 year old Martin Smith today. He is Mr Brogan's grandson. He slotted in today like a veteran. Good luck to you young sir with your future career.

EK away next week. Let's hope we have a decent week weather wise,  as I suspect they have only played 2 cup games at home in the past 3 months.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Greenock 0 LANARK 3

Thoroughly deserved our victory today with a makeshift team. You'd never have known that Greenock were the team from a higher division. Very poor despite their recent run of form. We hit the woodwork twice with the keeper well beaten.

Finished the game with 2 15 year olds in our line up. Very heartened by the display today after last weeks disappointment. 

Archived