Lanark Utd 2016/17

graemeb

According to the Lanarklife site 10 of last seasons squad have re-signed, namely McCrum, Collins, Lawson, Murphy, McGurk, Hewitt, A Christie, Imrie, Gallagher & O'Donnell, don't know about the others. The new keeper is 19 year old Jamie Brown from Alloa.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it is he's a cracking young talent

I recall you being impressed by our keeper last season, who has gone to The Gow as a full back ( versatile lad). I saw posted that the lad Brown would get in before him so he must be good, which is very heartening.

According to the Lanarklife site 10 of last seasons squad have re-signed, namely McCrum, Collins, Lawson, Murphy, McGurk, Hewitt, A Christie, Imrie, Gallagher & O'Donnell, don't know about the others. The new keeper is 19 year old Jamie Brown from Alloa.

Thanks Graeme,

No mention of our veteran strikers then.

Nope, just says that there are new deals on the table for several others. Disappointed that Ryans left as he gave us cover in 2 positions, he could've played left back now that Dunnys away but i'm sure they know what they're doing  Also, seen in the hamilton advertiser we're taking part in a pre season tourney at Cumnock 23/4 July and play Cambuslang on 6th Aug. Finally, home to Carluke in the clydesdale cup on 26th July, winners at home to Gow or Forth on 1st Aug.

• 2 weeks later...
On 23 June 2016 at 8:20 PM, graemeb said:

You heard any more Graeme? Been nothing in local paper over past couple of weeks about Lanark. We know they have signed the keeper you mention and a CB from Ashfield so it looks like we have 12 players, at least.

Apparently Scott Falconer and John Renwick have not re-signed, Speedy is off to Carluke, Dunn is Cambuslang bound and I don't believe Kris Jarvie was offered anything, which is a pity as he seemed to be very effective on the coaching front.  No one has advised about Paul Hewitt.

First game in a couple of weeks.

23 hours ago, Sportsfan said:

Hewitt mentioned in the list above so I assume he has resigned.

My goodness, so he is and there was me thinking I had an eye for detail. Not only that but, I also knew we'd signed the lad who played at Shotts

Thanks!

Our Asst Manager Jimmy Kerr has retired. Thanks and best wishes to him for his efforts since arriving with Mr Brogan.

Could this mean a return for Kris Jarvie?

Hi guys, a wee update on where we're at and how things are shaping up for the season ahead.

Colin Mitchell has joined the coaching staff at the club. Mitchy brings a wealth of experience of playing at both senior and junior level having coached Celtic youths, and co-managed East Kilbride Thistle, Bellshill Athletic and assisted at Ashfield last season. We welcome him to the club.

Our first preseason friendly is away to Cumnock next Saturday. A tough start but will give the new look squad a chance to gel together for the first time.

Updated squad below:

Confirmed returning players-

Alan Christie
Cammy Lawson
David Collins
Gordon Murphy
Alan McCrum
Kieran McGurk
Paul Hewitt
Lee Imrie
Sean Gallagher

New additions-

Jamie Brown (on loan from Alloa)
Peter O'Donnell (from amateurs)
Gary Duggan (Benburb)
Martin McGuire (Shotts)
Neil Schoneville (Ashfield)
Ronan Kearney (on loan from Alloa)
Mark Brown (Gartcairn)

These players are all confirmed signings but the management are still in talks with 1 or 2 of last seasons squad and another 3 or 4 potential new signings who, if signing, will improve the club.

Looking forward to the new season starting and let's hope it's a successful one.

C'mon the Yowes!

Thank you. 

Good news indeed.  Is Mark Brown the stocky lad who played up front a couple of times at the end of last season?

Looking forward to our trip to Cumnock next weekend.

Archived