Ante Post Betting - 2016/2017

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Almost got a return on my 15/16 bet (Hibs finishing behind Falkirk fucked up the good work the Pars and East Fife put in) so here's hoping my 16/17 picks go one better.

Gone for Dundee Utd, Livi and Clyde e/w.

Thought about going for Hibs again but could only get evens and, although they probably will stroll it, I like a bit more value than that on my season long bets - pretty sure that logic is flawed but f**k it.

Speaking of logic that went right out the window for my other two picks but I've seen enough from both to think they'll be there or there abouts at the end.

My other bet is a Yorkshire treble - Wednesday, the Blades and Doncaster. Wednesday have bought well and should settle quicker than the likes of Newcastle and Villa who are, probably rightly, the favourites.

League One and Two were tough as there's around half a dozen teams in each division capable of doing the job so went on gut feeling.

The above shite is why bookies love me so much but at least these should keep my interest going in those leagues for most of the season.

IMG_1469948078.259502.thumb.jpg.e8b89500

St Johnstone - Top 6

Hibs and Alloa - outright

Cowdenbeath - EW

Man City, Newcastle, Portsmouth - outright

Watford - bottom half

Bayern & Juve - outright

Leigh Griffiths - top scorer

Think that's what I put on.  Couple maybe each way but can't mind. £5 returns £124834.26 :lol:

Hull at near evens to go down seems great value to me. Virtually everyone else is spending tens of millions, they only scraped promotion via the playoffs, have signed nobody and have a disinterested owner looking to sell... just like we did last year.

I've gone for

Saints top 6, Sheffield Utd promoted, Plymouth top 7, Hull relegated and Sheffield Wed top 6.

Paying about 67/1.

Will chuck another few bets on before the weekend.

Hoping paddy power do their top scorer, free bet every goal, again this season. I see bet fair have one too, but the free bets are only up till Christmas.

Paddy offer up too

3 for me so far this year:

Hibs to win Championship 5/4 single (now 11/10 best)

St Johnstone top 6 single 5/4 (was 7/4)

St Johnstone and Norwich top 6 finish double – pays just over 3/1 at current best odds

The St Johnstone top 6 price was initially 7/4 at SkyBet but they heavily restricted stakes which isn’t like them; indeed they are still restricting stakes greatly at 5/4 as are paddy Power at next best 6/5 while Hills aren’t allowing it on a double so have had to do much of this at Bet365 at a fair bit poorer odds.

Also tempted by Stoke top 10 2/1 – Mark Hughes has never done a full season in the Premiership and not finished top half.

Archived