Ante Post Betting - 2016/2017

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/01/2017 at 12:51, DumbartonTheSons said:

It could be going worse at this stage, but I'll need Man Utd to improve a fair bit to give me a chance.

Clyde are going down the way too...

064c1d84aa15b190b040dbc112a93ab6.jpg

Tenner pays £1,728.92.

I had the option to cash out for £130 or so, but instead chose to edit the bet (never done that before). Removed Portsmouth and Forest Green as both are in the playoff places but a few points off automatic promotion so unlikely both will go up.

I only get about £300 if it all comes in but I'm quietly confident.

Green Bay already won their division, Celtic are certainties while Juventus, Copenhagen, Hibs and Hull look good for me.

Biggest doubt is Salzburg, who are a couple of points adrift of a team I've never heard of. I'm relying on their experience and (probably) larger squad to see them through.

2 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I had the option to cash out for £130 or so, but instead chose to edit the bet (never done that before). Removed Portsmouth and Forest Green as both are in the playoff places but a few points off automatic promotion so unlikely both will go up.

I only get about £300 if it all comes in but I'm quietly confident.

Green Bay already won their division, Celtic are certainties while Juventus, Copenhagen, Hibs and Hull look good for me.

Biggest doubt is Salzburg, who are a couple of points adrift of a team I've never heard of. I'm relying on their experience and (probably) larger squad to see them through.

Is edit bet not just effectively cashing out and then sticking it all on a new bet?

As ridic as this may seem and as unlikely as it is to even come close to winning I couldn't resist a price of 425/1.

Seems way above what they should be although best case scenario is that they go an amazing run and the price drops enough for a half decent lay. Maybe I will double my money :)

With PP should anyone fancy it.

Screen Shot 2017-01-15 at 12.00.57.png

2 hours ago, Fitba Tips said:

As ridic as this may seem and as unlikely as it is to even come close to winning I couldn't resist a price of 425/1.

Seems way above what they should be although best case scenario is that they go an amazing run and the price drops enough for a half decent lay. Maybe I will double my money :)

With PP should anyone fancy it.

Screen Shot 2017-01-15 at 12.00.57.png

Well Arbroath chucked the league away a couple of years ago having been miles ahead at Christmas so you never know.

Why us though? :lol: we're god awful at the moment. 

Purely because of the price, no other reason. I certainly don't think Clyde are going to win the league. But they shouldn't be 425/1 

Also considering The Binos at 500/1 which to be honest given current form and recent signings might even be a better bet

• 3 months later...
On 31/07/2016 at 07:53, The Naitch said:

IMG_1469948078.259502.thumb.jpg.e8b89500

Can't for the life of me remember the each way conditions but assume it was top 2 in Scotland and top 3 in England.

If so Clyde, and probably Utd, have done me out of a return however Sheffield Wednesday have a fighting chance of getting me a wee chunk of that £949.13 with two games left.

League Winners
Scottish Championship
Falkirk @7/1 (e/w 1/3 1,2)
Scottish League One
Airdrie @11/2 (e/w 1/5 1,2,3)
Scottish League Two
Arbroath @4/1 (e/w 1/5 1,2,3)
English Premier League
Manchester United @9/2 (e/w 1/3 1,2)
English Championship
Brighton @14/1 (e/w 1/4 1,2,3)
Each way Lucky 31 on that.

Potentially decent return on this?

• 2 weeks later...
I'm actually looking okay at the minute.

Saints top 6
Hull relegated
Sheffield Wednesday top 6
Sheffield United promotion
Plymouth top 7

£11 could get me £750

I'd about written this off until Sunderland got their first today.

Next weekend is gonna be torture, but I've a week to consider some cover bets.

On 6 May 2017 at 21:59, Paris Hilltoon said:

I'd about written this off until Sunderland got their first today.

Next weekend is gonna be torture, but I've a week to consider some cover bets.

Swansea win @ Sunderland and your laughing. Palace need to beat hull to be safe 100% safe. Even if it went a bit wrong the last day hull have the much harder game. I think you can almost spend your winnings. 

On 02 May 2017 at 14:04, 10menwent2mow said:

Aberdeen w/o Celtic @ 7/2 - £25

I don't pay much attention to these type of bets, but that's a mental price. I assume Rangers were strong favourites in that market?

I don't pay much attention to these type of bets, but that's a mental price. I assume Rangers were strong favourites in that market?

Yeah for some reason the bookies had 'rangers' massively odds on for that market. Despite the strong performance of Aberdeen over the past few seasons.

Hopefully get a similar price next year but I doubt it.

The odds on rangers will be the much the same I'd expect.

It's more about the clowns who pile on then regardless that keeps the prices so shite. Bookies simply limiting exposure.

Pushes up the other prices though which can only be good. Someone tried betting on lesser known teams in every game in the EPL a couple of years ago and made a decent profit. Sure it applies worldwide, punters tend to back teams they've heard of, if in doubt.

Archived