IRN-BRU Cup First Round Draw

Jaggy Snake

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As KickerConspiracy predicted when the midweek LL game between East Stirlingshire v Stirling University was postponed: Stirling Uni twitter reports their tie away to Rangers 'B' will indeed be a week after R1, on Wednesday 10th August - presumably due to Rangers U20s playing a friendly series in South Africa on R1 midweek.

It also confirms the tie will not be at Ibrox but at Forthbank... in Stirling! No longer the home of Stirling Uni, though; they moved to Falkirk.

Presumably no-one expects Stirling Albion to progress from their LC group.

In bizarre stakes this seems to be the cup that keeps on giving...

Ffs

Just scrap it

It would be 50/50 if Albion could play the Tue 9th; about half the hypothetical LC R2 seeded opponents have TV games, or could get games knocked-back by EL ties, on Sun 7th.

Two of the Last 16 ties will presumably be televised, too, with TV choosing the nights.

Also during their groundshare Stirling Uni had on occasion to play games at other venues instead of Forthbank hosting 2 games in 2 days? I recall them playing at EK and Spartans.

It was just an observation. I would imagine most people consider the chances of Albion finishing above Falkirk or St Johnstone, then getting drawn at home, statistically pretty low.

16 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

This, we seemingly took over 100-200 fans over to our friendly against Glentoran the other week, imagine we'd get similar or higher for a Cup game. Only cost about £100.

Exactly and who doesn't enjoy an away day to a new place. I think Inverness would take a few hundred to a game in Wales or NI and I would certainly be up for either. 

If we're to have u20 sides in this tournament they should play at their home stadium. Ranger's shift to Forthbank is a joke. It makes a harder sell for these teams inclusion even harder. Glad Inverness have kept it at Caley Stadium.

3 hours ago, edinabear said:

Does anyone know if a rule has even been made regarding senior players playing for the B teams?

The SPFL have never come out and announced anything as far as I can see. It would defeat the purpose of giving young players experience if over age players were allowed.

Are you going to keep crying and stamping your feet until you get your own way? It's really not that important you know. 

Why don't you start moaning at other people that are moaning about it.

Ever gonna explain the 'your scabby lot' comment by the way?

10 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

The SPFL have never come out and announced anything as far as I can see. It would defeat the purpose of giving young players experience if over age players were allowed.

Skyline Drifter said it will be strictly U20 players, the same as the Youth Cup, so only players born in 1997 or later will be eligible.

5 hours ago, Radford said:

Skyline Drifter said it will be strictly U20 players, the same as the Youth Cup, so only players born in 1997 or later will be eligible.

Cheers must have missed that makes sense. 

On 13/07/2016 at 19:15, HibeeJibee said:

As KickerConspiracy predicted when the midweek LL game between East Stirlingshire v Stirling University was postponed: Stirling Uni twitter reports their tie away to Rangers 'B' will indeed be a week after R1, on Wednesday 10th August - presumably due to Rangers U20s playing a friendly series in South Africa on R1 midweek.

It also confirms the tie will not be at Ibrox but at Forthbank... in Stirling! No longer the home of Stirling Uni, though; they moved to Falkirk.

Presumably no-one expects Stirling Albion to progress from their LC group.

In bizarre stakes this seems to be the cup that keeps on giving...

Were Stirling Uni or East Stirling given a say in that? Surely the options for Rangers under 20s should be playing the tie on the scheduled date or forfeiting it if their opponents don't agree to it being moved? As far as I'm aware there's nothing in the rules of the cup competition allowing teams to postpone games for friendlies, as there is with the league?

Would Dumbarton, Morton, or Arbroath be allowed to call off games for Stirlingshire/Renfrewshire/Forfarshire cup ties? If not, why is it being allowed for a youth competition?

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

Were Stirling Uni or East Stirling given a say in that? Surely the options for Rangers under 20s should be playing the tie on the scheduled date or forfeiting it if their opponents don't agree to it being moved? As far as I'm aware there's nothing in the rules of the cup competition allowing teams to postpone games for friendlies, as there is with the league?

Would Dumbarton, Morton, or Arbroath be allowed to call off games for Stirlingshire/Renfrewshire/Forfarshire cup ties? If not, why is it being allowed for a youth competition?

We all know exactly why of course.

It really is a farcical set-up.

Archived