Champions League 2016/17

lichtie23

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

Aye. Good CL runs are terrible. Must put a stop to that.

So if Morton were beaten in the semi-final of the Scottish Cup 4 years in a row by St Mirren, you wouldn't be annoyed about it, thinking it was a bit shit?

Please.

So if Morton were beaten in the semi-final of the Scottish Cup 4 years in a row by St Mirren, you wouldn't be annoyed about it, thinking it was a bit shit?
Please.

I'd be annoyed, but I'd take it over being papped out early doors those years. It's definitely not some miserable existence.

1 minute ago, Randy Giles said:

I'd be annoyed, but I'd take it over being papped out early doors those years. It's definitely not some miserable existence.

I don't think anyone was trying to make the point that being in the Champions League semi-final each year is miserable, no idea why you've taken it like that and intentionally missed the point.

I don't think anyone was trying to make the point that being in the Champions League semi-final each year is miserable, no idea why you've taken it like that and intentionally missed the point.

G_Man said it must be shit. I'd be happier with another good run than the annoyance of having to lose to the rivals again. I'd not see it as shit at all.

• 3 weeks later...
Just saw that the Final is being shown in glorious 3D virtual reality. How the f**k does that work? Anybody tried it before? I could nick an oculus rift out of my work for the weekend but would it be shite?

Assume you need a VR headset, like a child or complete VL would have.

Shown where? I have a Samsung gear VR. The football would be very good on it I think. Would certainly like to give it a try.

Point proven [emoji57].
Download BT VR app, seen an advert for this during the Europa league final programme.

Yeah I tested out the app, they have a handful of highlights from previous rounds, and it was pretty fun. I'm not intending on watching the whole game in VR but I'm going to watch a bit of it just to see what it's like.

Just using the Google cardboard, got it from my sister for Christmas, cost about a fiver and was pretty fun to test out.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump. Predictions for tonight? I'd like see the see the corrupt auld wifie of Turin do it, but I can't see past Real. Ronaldo to finally wear down that defence and get the only goal.

35 minutes ago, resk said:

Bump. Predictions for tonight? I'd like see the see the corrupt auld wifie of Turin do it, but I can't see past Real. Ronaldo to finally wear down that defence and get the only goal.

Firmly behind Royal Madrid tonight.

Head - Real

Heart - Juve

Willimg them on for Buffon and that defence alone, they deserve a Champions League. Though, I am a fan of Zidane as a coach and think he's been underrated in his time there. I wouldn't be too fussed about them winning it again. 

Just glad the two best teams have made it to the final, hopefully it results in a decent game. 

Archived