Champions League 2016/17

lichtie23

Falcao is supposedly one of the best paid players in Europe, so you could argue they wouldn't him have him (although he does seem to be enjoying his football this year after a couple of torrid seasons). The only other one big earner is likely Moutinho who isn't a guaranteed starter when Fabinho and Bakayoko are both fit.

Falcao was the one who sprung to my mind.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^^^ expert on French football financial matters.

Not really, I'm just sad as f**k and enjoy reading about such things

3 hours ago, lanky_ffc said:

Monaco have largely moved away from their big-spending era and tried to become more self-sufficient.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/feb/20/monaco-academy-manchester-city-champions-league

Interesting thanks. 

Well done Monaco then. Setting up the best youth scouting system in France, hoovering up the cream of French youngsters, competing with PSG for the title and into the CL semi finals whilst only being financed by average crowds of about 8,500 is some achievement. Chapeau. 

• 2 weeks later...

My BT sport must be late. Saw info about the goal about three minutes ago on Twitter and it's still 0-0 for me. Weird that it's a little delayed on the laptop but seems really delayed on the tablet.

Really boring Madrid winning in the CL all the time

I'm in two minds, I don't particularly want to see the same team win it so often, on the other it would seem fitting for Ronaldo to be in the side to win the first back to back champions leagues in the champions league era.

Atletico have been fuckin pathetic tonight. One shot on target in a CL semi final is nothing short of disgraceful. The second leg is now a waste of everyones time

Archived