Champions League 2016/17

lichtie23

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The praise Pep gets for "sticking to his beliefs" and his philosophy is hilarious. Surely you'd look to get the best out of the players currently at your disposal, rather than making them play in a system most are clearly uncomfortable in.

Not only that, he was already going down before there was any sort of contact. Far too often those are given as a penalty

Pundits comment as to if there's contact made then it should be a penalty but it's not really that simple especially when players leave a trailing leg like that and add a theatrical dive at the end. You can tell Pep is going to be crying about that at the end as well despite his team getting properly shown up.

Pretty impressive from Monaco and a great game so far.

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

These bois were fucking relegated abbout 5 years ago.  What a turnaround.  Granted they have Abramovich mark II at the helm these days.

They've actually reigned in the spending in the past few seasons and relied more on young talent. Think the only big earners from that period that are left are Falcao and Moutinho. There was a good article in the Guardian about them yesterday.

1 minute ago, jmothecat said:

That's the best first half of football as a neutral I've seen this season. Great first half, Monaco deservedly in front.

The game at Parkhead between City & Celtic was even more bananas.

These bois were fucking relegated abbout 5 years ago.  What a turnaround.  Granted they have Abramovich mark II at the helm these days.

I might be wrong, but despite having a rich owner I'm sure they don't have 'that' much money behind them. I'm fairly certain they went a bit Anzhi a couple of years back.

I might be wrong, but despite having a rich owner I'm sure they don't have 'that' much money behind them. I'm fairly certain they went a bit Anzhi a couple of years back.

Mind they gave Arsenal a bit of a hiding playing in a similar way a few years back with Martial showing his class.

Archived