Champions League 2016/17

lichtie23

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/man-city-celtic-queue-tickets-11951492

Huge queues and ridiculous waiting times in Glasgow for Man City fans picking up their tickets for tonight's game. To minimise online ticket touts, this season City have said you have to pick up your ticket in the city the games being played in, showing photo ID. A good idea that obviously needs some tweaking.

I'm sure they're all still boycotting this competition anyway.

3 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

It doesn't matter if they didn't intend to, that's what they've done. 

The majority of their fans? Nope. A load of fans have suffered, yes, and they've probably missed out on their once in a lifetime opportunity to take in the magnificence of Glasgow and interact with the locals but I expect it'll be rectified. Still, it's a good chance to have a go and blow things out of proportion.

3 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

The majority of their fans? Nope. A load of fans have suffered, yes, and they've probably missed out on their once in a lifetime opportunity to take in the magnificence of Glasgow and interact with the locals but I expect it'll be rectified. Still, it's a good chance to have a go and blow things out of proportion.

You're getting very defensive here. It's a good idea to stop touts but they could have avoided the problem of queues fairly easily by planning it a bit better.

Despite your sarcastic comments about Glasgow, I'm sure the City fans would have preferred to sit in a bar in the city centre rather than stand in a queue in the pishing rain and wind all afternoon.

17 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

You're getting very defensive here. It's a good idea to stop touts but they could have avoided the problem of queues fairly easily by planning it a bit better.

Despite your sarcastic comments about Glasgow, I'm sure the City fans would have preferred to sit in a bar in the city centre rather than stand in a queue in the pishing rain and wind all afternoon.

Not really. Responses are always tailored to suit.

Obviously they would prefer to be in a bar but, as I did say originally, it's A good idea that obviously needs some tweaking which is basically the same as It's a good idea to stop touts but they could have avoided the problem of queues fairly easily by planning it a bit better. I never at any point said it was perfect and it actually looks like we are in total agreement. 

1 hour ago, jupe1407 said:

Alves had a mental season before signing for Boro. I'm pretty sure he was better than a goal-a-game, no doubt helped by sticking 7 away in a single game against one of the shitier sides.

I'm not even sure he made double figures for Boro.

Think he just did. But he was a very strange one, as was mentioned he was pretty rubbish but scored a few decent goals and looked as if he might've been decent but just never quite got there.

As with every other comparison between two leagues where there's been player movement, there's plenty of examples of players being a success in one league and terrible in the other ad vice-versa.

• 3 weeks later...
Been watching the Goals Show tonight. First time I've done so, and it's been excellent.

Likewise, I'm really enjoying it as well. I usually watch the Sunday night European Football show and I like that as well.

Archived