Champions League 2016/17

lichtie23

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many Eredivisie strikers have English top flight clubs signed who have then went on to do well? Guys like Eriksen, Kuyt and obviously Suarez have been the successes (though only really Suarez is a striker), but the one I remember most is Middlesborough signing Afonso Alves who was complete mince. Depay has been poor for Man Utd too.

Alves is always an odd one; he's widely considered a figure of ridicule but 2 of the few goals he scored in England were against Man Utd at Old Trafford, and they were both stonking goals.

He was a flop, but there was a player in there. Kezman I think was always pretty shit.

Huntelaar was very, very clinical but he wasn't really very good in general play; definitely a useful player though.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/man-city-celtic-queue-tickets-11951492

Huge queues and ridiculous waiting times in Glasgow for Man City fans picking up their tickets for tonight's game. To minimise online ticket touts, this season City have said you have to pick up your ticket in the city the games being played in, showing photo ID. A good idea that obviously needs some tweaking.

How many Eredivisie strikers have English top flight clubs signed who have then went on to do well? Guys like Eriksen, Kuyt and obviously Suarez have been the successes (though only really Suarez is a striker), but the one I remember most is Middlesborough signing Afonso Alves who was complete mince. Depay has been poor for Man Utd too.

Alves had a mental season before signing for Boro. I'm pretty sure he was better than a goal-a-game, no doubt helped by sticking 7 away in a single game against one of the shitier sides.

I'm not even sure he made double figures for Boro.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/man-city-celtic-queue-tickets-11951492

Huge queues and ridiculous waiting times in Glasgow for Man City fans picking up their tickets for tonight's game. To minimise online ticket touts, this season City have said you have to pick up your ticket in the city the games being played in, showing photo ID. A good idea that obviously needs some tweaking.

Stupid idea. Part of the fun of all away games, especially European ones, is getting to experience the host city and maybe having a few drinks. Not queuing for ages.

Just sell to season ticket holders, no need to worry about touts then.

10 minutes ago, Bully Di Villa said:

Stupid idea. Part of the fun of all away games, especially European ones, is getting to experience the host city and maybe having a few drinks. Not queuing for ages.

Just sell to season ticket holders, no need to worry about touts then.

Yes, City obviously planned from the outset for their fans to queue for hours in the rain rather than enjoy themselves. 

Season ticket holders never do anything wrong of course, except some have abused the system so City are trying to rectify it but have got it wrong this time. Anything that stops touts is worthwhile.

Archived