Champions League 2016/17

lichtie23

Tottenham are being reported as being in a "relatively easy group". Am I massively underestimating them by thinking they'll struggle?

I'd say all of the teams in that group are equal, with Leverkusen and Spurs edging it slightly

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Young Boys of Bern, the team that Borussia demolished 9-2 on aggregate I would say are a better team than Celtic... Let that sink in!

BBC Soortsound are hilarious, some of their pundits think Celtic will have a chance v Borussia and quoting Sellik fans in Twitter "The Germans, beatable". Aye nae problem!

A good and a bad draw for Borussia. I don't see us taking anything from Barca and Man City though in saying that, Pep's Bayern beat Borussia twice in 2013/14 season. Since then Borussia have won 3 times and drawn once. In 2014/15 season Borussia were the only team not to concede to Bayern. 

Celtic will honestly be a piece of piss and I'm delighted Borussia will be in Scotland. I'm there already!!

I stopped by Borussia Park this afternoon on my way to Zürich. Amazing buzz about the place right now!

They are beatable for Celtic though..?

It might not happen and they might not be favourites but they're definitely beatable.

Not sure Barca or Man City are though. Nae chance.

You kidding me on?? It is obvious that German football isn't near as big a deal on TV as the EPL or La Liga. Borussia are a great team, finished 4th last year in the BL, 3rd the year before and hotly tipped to finish 3rd behind Bayern and BVB. And you're telling me a pishy wee team from a horrendous league, a team that struggled to get past the mighty Astana and world beaters Be'er Sheva would have a chance of beating a top German team like Gladbach?? Here's one to note, Borussia play 3-4-3 and have an attack of Raffael, Stindl and Hazard with powerful wide midfielders like Herrmann, Johnstone and Traore. Then you look at Celtics defence... Borussia score goals for fun. Let that sink in...

Oh my.

You're more deluded than the Celtic fans.

2 hours ago, Günther said:

You kidding me on?? It is obvious that German football isn't near as big a deal on TV as the EPL or La Liga. Borussia are a great team, finished 4th last year in the BL, 3rd the year before and hotly tipped to finish 3rd behind Bayern and BVB. And you're telling me a pishy wee team from a horrendous league, a team that struggled to get past the mighty Astana and world beaters Be'er Sheva would have a chance of beating a top German team like Gladbach?? Here's one to note, Borussia play 3-4-3 and have an attack of Raffael, Stindl and Hazard with powerful wide midfielders like Herrmann, Johnstone and Traore. Then you look at Celtics defence... Borussia score goals for fun. Let that sink in...

All the stars of the game.  

Young Boys of Bern, the team that Borussia demolished 9-2 on aggregate I would say are a better team than Celtic... Let that sink in!

BBC Soortsound are hilarious, some of their pundits think Celtic will have a chance v Borussia and quoting Sellik fans in Twitter "The Germans, beatable". Aye nae problem!

A good and a bad draw for Borussia. I don't see us taking anything from Barca and Man City though in saying that, Pep's Bayern beat Borussia twice in 2013/14 season. Since then Borussia have won 3 times and drawn once. In 2014/15 season Borussia were the only team not to concede to Bayern. 

Celtic will honestly be a piece of piss and I'm delighted Borussia will be in Scotland. I'm there already!!

I stopped by Borussia Park this afternoon on my way to Zürich. Amazing buzz about the place right now!

Tragic.

10 hours ago, Günther said:

Celtic are better than YB. They will still get ripped a new one in Germany though. Hazard looked tremendous in the play offs.

Celtic will get horsed in every away game, of that there is no doubt. But, and as much as I immensely dislike them, they've shown in the past they can beat any team on Earth at Parkhead, I can't see that stopping this season.

Considering I go to more Borussia games a season than many people on here go to see their own teams in Scotland, I think I can genuinely say the word "us"... Even then, I've supported Borussia much longer than I have supported Clyde. Started following Borussia in 1995, my first Clyde game was 2001.

Who did you support before Clyde?

Considering I go to more Borussia games a season than many people on here go to see their own teams in Scotland, I think I can genuinely say the word "us"... Even then, I've supported Borussia much longer than I have supported Clyde. Started following Borussia in 1995, my first Clyde game was 2001.

I'm 30 now.

So you claim to have been credibly supporting a no-mark German outfit, from Govan, since you were nine years old?

Almost as tragic as your predictable outing as a bigot tbh.

For all the talk about Celtic's great home record in Europe, they have a pretty poor record in group stage matches recently

2015/16

Celtic 2 Fenerbache 2

Celtic 1 Molde 2

Celtic 1 Ajax 2

2014/15

Celtic 1 Dinamo Zagreb 0

Celtic 2 Astra 1

Celtic 1 Red Bull Salzberg 3

2013/14

Celtic 0 Barcelona 1

Celtic 2 Ajax 1

Celtic 0 Milan 3

There is no possible way that this post could backfire IMO.

Rangers (RIP), family and friends were Rangers and I was brought up in Govan. Started going to Clyde games with a friend and the rest is history I suppose. I'm 30 now.

Somehow not surprised at this tbh.

As a sad c**t I enjoy reading football fans blogs, theres one on Monchengladbach I read to see what they thought of the draw. They say they're fairly similar to Celtic and think they'll both defeat each other in their respective home ties.

Archived