Champions League 2016/17

lichtie23

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like Joe Hart's farewell game. Captain for the night. His image has already been removed from the outside of the Etihad. There's wanting to replace your keeper and there's wanting to replace your keeper. Think he deserves better treatment than he's getting.

That kind of result has been coming for Ajax. Scraped past PAOK in the last round and needed a penalty to draw level in the home leg last week. They're yet to keep a clean sheet in a competitive game this season and I don't think they've adequately replaced Milik or Fischer. 

The commentators came out with 'this is the biggest shock of the round', despite the fact that Rostov are unbeaten on their own patch since May 2015 :lol:

Red Bull Salzburg must be up there with the biggest underachievers in the CL qualifying process. Amazing that despite having talented players and Red Bull money, they haven't ever made the groups.

Group Draws tonight, still can't get over Leicester being pot one...

Pot 1: Real Madrid (holders), Barcelona, Leicester City, Bayern Munich, Juventus, Benfica, PSG, CSKA Moscow

Pot 2: Atletico Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Arsenal, Manchester City, Sevilla, Porto, Napoli, Bayer Leverkusen

Pot 3: FC Basel, Tottenham Hotspur, Dynamo Kiev, Lyon, PSV Eindhoven, Sporting CP, Club Brugge, Borussia Monchengladbach

Pot 4: Celtic, AS Monaco, Besiktas, Legia Warsaw, Dinamo Zagreb, Ludogorets Razgrad, FC Copenhagen, Rostov

55 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

50/50 chance of a Scottish v English game then yeah?

My probability knowledge is a bit rusty, but I think you may be right. Each pot is independent and you can only have one team from a given country, so 1/8 + 2/8 + 1/8 = 50%.

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

50/50 chance of a Scottish v English game then yeah?

1 hour ago, lanky_ffc said:

My probability knowledge is a bit rusty, but I think you may be right. Each pot is independent and you can only have one team from a given country, so 1/8 + 2/8 + 1/8 = 50%.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

8 groups, 4 English teams that need to stay separated.. Simple as that is it not? Could be wrong. Would like to see it happen

It's not as simple as that because country protection and the TV groupings make certain combinations more likely that the others.  It still won't be that far off 50/50 though.

Archived