Scots in Europe - A Map

craigkillie

I've put together a map which shows the venues of every single European tie played by a Scottish club, and I thought it might be worth sharing on here.  Feel free to point out any errors that you notice - I'm sure a few will have slipped through the net.

Click

Good work. FYI in 1961 or 62 the old Rangers played the home (2nd leg) of their tie with East German side ASK Vorwarts in Malmö, Sweden as the East Germans couldn't get UK visas. From memory the game was abandoned and replayed the next morning.

Good work. FYI in 1961 or 62 the old Rangers played the home (2nd leg) of their tie with East German side ASK Vorwarts in Malmö, Sweden as the East Germans couldn't get UK visas. From memory the game was abandoned and replayed the next morning.

Aye, I've got that one in.  Vorwarts got a walkover against Linfield in the previous round for similar reasons.

Aye, I've got that one in. Vorwarts got a walkover against Linfield in the previous round for similar reasons.

So you do. Was looking at it on iPhone and couldn't see it or the list of games. Odd thing that they had no bother getting visas a couple of years earlier to play Wolves but that was before the Wall.

I don't think any of these games are actually missing - it's just that various teams playing in the same stadium are all stacked on top of each other.  I can only fix it manually jittering them, so I'm doing it as I go along.

I don't think any of these games are actually missing - it's just that various teams playing in the same stadium are all stacked on top of each other.  I can only fix it manually jittering them, so I'm doing it as I go along.

In that case...well done :guinness

Why did Celtic play Dynamo Kyiv in Tbilisi

Snowbound pitch - it was late January 1966.

For similar reasons Djurgardens v Hibs in the inaugural European Cup was played at Firhill - it was late November 1955.

There may be other cases.

Archived