Gordon Strachan

Elixir

A draw against Ireland is not good enough, they're shite and he fucked it by playing negatively. Drawing at home to Poland when we needed a win is a shite result as well. And there is never an excuse for losing to Georgia, there is no 'logic' behind backing Strachan after that aberration.

If Ireland are shite what are we? They're better nearly all over the park. Especially at the back which is huge at international level. 4 from 6 against them is a great return. As for Poland they would've been favourites in both games yet they never got the better of us in either and we were a baw hair away from 4 from 6 from them too.

As for Germany you can play them 10 times and maybe get a result once. They were by far superior on both nights unfortunately for us.

It's one result everybody is losing their shit over its embarrassing.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Ireland are shite what are we? They're better nearly all over the park. Especially at the back which is huge at international level. 4 from 6 against them is a great return. As for Poland they would've been favourites in both games yet they never got the better of us in either and we were a baw hair away from 4 from 6 from them too.

As for Germany you can play them 10 times and maybe get a result once. They were by far superior on both nights unfortunately for us.

It's one result everybody is losing their shit over its embarrassing.

They certainly didn't fucking look it. 

What's embarrassing is people like yourself accepting total failure.

They certainly didn't fucking look it.

What's embarrassing is people like yourself accepting total failure.

I'm not accepting it. I'm being realistic, using logic.

Sacking Strachan would solve f**k all.

We need to produce better players.

Well maybe Strachan should start pulling some decent players out of his arse eh.

Or maybe we could take some tips from some of the other 'wee teams' who've had success and stop blaming everything on bad luck or bad players. Our team is bang average, no arguments from me there. But there are several other teams who did qualify who also have no superstars.

Strachan said today we had proven we were better than teams there. If that's true he's admitting himself that he failed. People like you seem to think failure is acceptable. I don't.

Against the 3 teams who finished above us in qualification we got 1 win from 6 games, and 6pts from a possible 18... Against the 2 teams who finished below us we managed to drop 3pts.

Even if we'd beaten Georgia we were scraping into the playoffs on head-to-head and may well not have won it, we'd have been the lowest-rated side.

Employing a competent manager would make all the difference, see NI for example.

Why waste time with Strachan, who is unwilling to play different players, if we need to find new players to play for the national side?

We need to play better. I don't accept two points against the top two was the limit of our ability. Especially when Germany were not great.

Was reasonably happy for Strachan to stay on but these comments and the friendly selections against Italy and France are bizarre to say the least.

There is no way he will see out the campaign he will take the huff and f**k off half way through imo.

Euro 2016 must surely be a wake up call to our players,they need to be giving 110% from now on in. We call ourselves unlucky but in life you make your own luck,with hard graft,sweat and skill. I truly hope this is a massive wake up call for us all in Scotland,the management team,the players and us the fans!!! We shouldn't accept failure as the norm,we need to start getting sare on the players as much as the management.

Employing a competent manager would make all the difference, see NI for example.

Why waste time with Strachan, who is unwilling to play different players, if we need to find new players to play for the national side?

That manager would still have to play Alan Hutton at RB, Martin and Hanley as his best CHs by a mile, have a LB squad player at Watford as his most dangerous player and a guy who can't get a game for Sunderland as his best striker.

Be a tough job for Mourinho ffs.

But you'll play them 10 times and only get a result once. Can't be true.

Ireland got two results from them. As well as six points against Georgia and the two against Poland. We're not able to do that. I don't see any reason why we can't.

Guest DAVIDB69

Was reasonably happy for Strachan to stay on but these comments and the friendly selections against Italy and France are bizarre to say the least.

There is no way he will see out the campaign he will take the huff and f**k off half way through imo.

If it's over after the first four games he will go

Incidentally, if Strachan does go on to quit or get the sack I don't think it will be by the end of the year as some are predicting. I'm pretty sure we will do fine away to Malta and home to Lithuania and take 6pts... even if Slovakia and England away end in defeats the latter will be a "blood and guts" valiant effort and all that. Plus he's popular with SFA and has just signed a new contract.

If it's going to fall apart properly it will be in the spring games - home to Slovenia and England - then Lithuania away after the summer.

That manager would still have to play Alan Hutton at RB, Martin and Hanley as his best CHs by a mile, have a LB squad player at Watford as his most dangerous player and a guy who can't get a game for Sunderland as his best striker.

Be a tough job for Mourinho ffs.

Fucking Georgia, for f**k sake!

Maybe if he had Josh Magennis and Conor McLaughlin he would have won the group, eh?

Archived