Gordon Strachan

Elixir

Fucking hell.

Who actually cares, it's his fucking vote. [emoji23]

Indeed. Do we have to always pick Ronaldo and Messi? He even picked Messi.

What if you prefer to pick the best midfielder or defender, or goalkeeper?

That said Modric? Not sure about that one.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 25/10/2017 at 14:56, forameus said:

If he voted Ronaldo and Messi top two, people would have a go at him for being predictable, or not having one in front of the other. 

:lol:

Of course nobody would complain about the two clear best players in the world being voted as the two clear best players in the world.

• 4 months later...
On 10/11/2016 at 19:31, Monkey Tennis said:

:lol: Who said "stella season"?

That's a good one, right enough.

Dredging this up because I know you like these things.  The latest idiom idiocy is "clambering for tickets".  I've seen it used before but never seen it defended as it has been on our Cup QF match thread vs Falkirk.

5 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Dredging this up because I know you like these things.  The latest idiom idiocy is "clambering for tickets".  I've seen it used before but never seen it defended as it has been on our Cup QF match thread vs Falkirk.

Yes, I caught the 'clambering' thing.  I was quite tickled by the feverish refusal to back down.

• 3 weeks later...
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/meet-man-leading-sfas-revolution-12207245
A year we've had GPS trackers, but not been them using due to Strachan's stubbornness. Presumably he thought he was a better judge of a player's physical condition than a piece of technology designed specifically for that purpose :rolleyes:

Who cares seriously? I’m all for technology but this just seems meaningless

Yeah, not really convinced that Strachan saying yes to that would have gotten us the win against Lithuania when we needed it.  And not really sure why people seem to continue to be desperate to stick the knife in to him months later.  To each their own.

32 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Who cares seriously? I’m all for technology but this just seems meaningless

So, we shouldn't be ensuring are players are in the best possible condition going into games?

7 minutes ago, forameus said:

Yeah, not really convinced that Strachan saying yes to that would have gotten us the win against Lithuania when we needed it.  And not really sure why people seem to continue to be desperate to stick the knife in to him months later.  To each their own.

I'm not suggesting it would have, but we should be utilising every marginal gain possible to reach that goal.

I'm not suggesting it would have, but we should be utilising every marginal gain possible to reach that goal.

What would’ve really changed? You don’t need technology to work out whether players are fit or not ffs. Absolute waste of time. I could understand it being extremely useful for clubs monitoring players fitness levels over the course of a season or a certain period of time but for a one off game or double header who cares.

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

What would’ve really changed? You don’t need technology to work out whether players are fit or not ffs. Absolute waste of time. I could understand it being extremely useful for clubs monitoring players fitness levels over the course of a season or a certain period of time but for a one off game or double header who cares.

Think every elite club in the world would disagree with you there. There's also numerous national teams already utilising it, so they clearly see value in it, even if it's only for a week at a time.

It's also about more than fitness. For example, you can use the data to track player positions throughout a match and make tactical decisions based on that.

Think every elite club in the world would disagree with you there. There's also numerous national teams already utilising it, so they clearly see value in it, even if it's only for a week at a time.
It's also about more than fitness. For example, you can use the data to track player positions throughout a match and make tactical decisions based on that.

I’m all for technology but football is a very simple game.

Also I’ve already said I think it would be great for clubs.

34 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

And we didn't.  But we are now.  What does it really matter what Strachan did back then?  He failed, and nothing is going to change that.

It is quite clearly a problem with the system. No wonder our players are so far behind physically when we aren’t using what every single other country in the home nations is to develop their players at all age groups.

It ensures that each player is at their physical peak going into match day but tailoring their training etc. That can’t be done without it and can lead to the marginal gains which can help us to qualify.

To call it a waste of time is completely ignorant.

It is quite clearly a problem with the system. No wonder our players are so far behind physically when we aren’t using what every single other country in the home nations is to develop their players at all age groups.

It ensures that each player is at their physical peak going into match day but tailoring their training etc. That can’t be done without it and can lead to the marginal gains which can help us to qualify.

To call it a waste of time is completely ignorant.

Omg

All the players in the squad will be getting this at their clubs!!! It’s not down to the Scotland boss to do things like this. They’re with Scotland a week or two at a time. Also I’ve never ever thought our problems have been anything to do with fitness, if anything that has always been the problem, the problem is usually down to our ability on the ball not the teams fitness levels.

18 minutes ago, forameus said:

And we didn't.  But we are now.  What does it really matter what Strachan did back then?  He failed, and nothing is going to change that.

We've missed out on a year of potential benefit for something that had presumably been paid for and was being used by other age groups. I don't see anything wrong with reflecting on an issue of a previous manager in the context of an article that only surfaced two days ago.

Also pretty sure that the player's individual clubs that use this or similar systems would be appreciative of any or all data concerning their players when away from their control, whether they've been over/under worked what exercises they should/nt be doing etc!!!

Leave, and never return.

I thought that when I read it back but it was too late. It was just what went through my mind when I read the quoted post, even if it sounds like a stroppy child kind of response.

I’m all for technology but this is just so pointless in my opinion. Who honestly cares. Total waste of time even complaining about this for me never mind actually using it.

Archived