Gordon Strachan

Elixir

We are now the oldest team in Europe which is slightly embarrassing .

But Strachan will do nothing and select the same duds some of who have up to six campaign failures under their belts which is a disgrace.

There is no need for players to get up for playing and don't have to worry about a place in the team as they are guaranteed it.

They don't even have to be match fit or even playing club football

This.

Poses the question, if Strachans ultimate Blue Eyed Boys, Hutton, Steven Fletcher, Mulgrew, Greer are either not playing for their Clubs and or Clubless surely to hell Strachan wouldn't have the temerity to still select them given the fact it would already be a slap In the face that such failures continue to play?

Where will likes of Mulgrew, Greer and the ultimate sloth that is Steven Fletcher end up actually? I cannot see there being many takers for them, not at a decent level IMO anyway.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This.

Poses the question, if Strachans ultimate Blue Eyed Boys, Hutton, Steven Fletcher, Mulgrew, Greer are either not playing for their Clubs and or Clubless surely to hell Strachan wouldn't have the temerity to still select them given the fact it would already be a slap In the face that such failures continue to play?

Where will likes of Mulgrew, Greer and the ultimate sloth that is Steven Fletcher end up actually? I cannot see there being many takers for them, not at a decent level IMO anyway.

Strachan is at levein levels of stubborn now. Hell he admitted he picked likes of maloney in recent friendlies so they could get some match fitness.

I disagree, I think his constant inclusion of certain players regardless, backed up by his highly contradictory statements ie saying he will not be picking players who do not feature for their clubs yet doing the opposite suggests that he very much is stubborn. I am not saying he does it to stick it to the fans but I think he does lack the conviction to admit he is wrong and unwilling to backdown over certain matters.

He shoe horns Charlie Mulgrew and Shawn Maloney into nearly every starting 11, regardless of what type of fixture it is and against whoever.  A sack-able offence in itself IMO.

It's exactly like the Rooney and England thing.  Well, maybe without the constant media pressure to include them.

Guest DAVIDB69

This.

Intrigued as to where Fletcher goes next not beyond the realms of possibility he will be going down to league one level.

An ultimate last resort back at hibs.

I assume he will still be picked if he goes to somewhere like millwall for example

Intrigued as to where Fletcher goes next not beyond the realms of possibility he will be going down to league one level.

I assume he will still be picked if he goes to somewhere like millwall for example

That's just silly. Lowest he will go is Championship or SPFL.

What nonsense, high end championship at worst. And he will still be our best striker. Unless Griffiths steps up a level, or Naismith reverses his decline.

Guest DAVIDB69

What nonsense, high end championship at worst. And he will still be our best striker. Unless Griffiths steps up a level, or Naismith reverses his decline.

Sheffield Wednesday and Norwich are interested in seems

Please stop posting, this is fucking drivel.

Of course he will....absolutely no English premier league teams employ scottish strikers....

Here's a thought. Strachan's been no stranger to wading into the Neo-Gers/Hibs/any 'big' club being fast tracked into even an extended PL, and perhaps enlarged specifically just for that reason. Could it be, that with one eye fixated on the inevitable promotion of NeoGers the season just ended, that an 'alternative' ending to our 2016 campaign may have been engineered so as to focus attention on a) Celtic preparing best they can for the CL, and b) the 'rebirth' of our game being launched now that the two cheeks are squelched back together again?

The efforrs of his team until half-time in Dublin, with one foot at that point in not just third, but SECOND place, and those after, are in need if a lot more scrutiny than just simply players 'running out of steam' or whatever lazy analogies people come up with. These guys went back to their clubs and had the exact same sort of seasons they've had before....they didn't change THAT fucking much!

Here's a thought. Strachan's been no stranger to wading into the Neo-Gers/Hibs/any 'big' club being fast tracked into even an extended PL, and perhaps enlarged specifically just for that reason. Could it be, that with one eye fixated on the inevitable promotion of NeoGers the season just ended, that an 'alternative' ending to our 2016 campaign may have been engineered so as to focus attention on a) Celtic preparing best they can for the CL, and b) the 'rebirth' of our game being launched now that the two cheeks are squelched back together again?

The efforrs of his team until half-time in Dublin, with one foot at that point in not just third, but SECOND place, and those after, are in need if a lot more scrutiny than just simply players 'running out of steam' or whatever lazy analogies people come up with. These guys went back to their clubs and had the exact same sort of seasons they've had before....they didn't change THAT fucking much!

Some tinfoil hat stuff here.

I agree he is arguably the better option than Griffiths and Naismith at the moment but can you explain what is actually so good about him as I don't get how a non Goalscoring, cumbersome, slow and sloth like Player like he can be basically the first name on the teamsheet without fail for every game regardless of form or club inclusion. IMO he just slows down the play far too much, he is just a poundland version of Berbatov minus the talent.

I agree he is arguably the better option than Griffiths and Naismith at the moment but can you explain what is actually so good about him as I don't get how a non Goalscoring, cumbersome, slow and sloth like Player like he can be basically the first name on the teamsheet without fail for every game regardless of form or club inclusion. IMO he just slows down the play far too much, he is just a poundland version of Berbatov minus the talent.

Put simply, he brings the three that play behind him - who are often our best players - into the game.  It's really not that hard to see that.  We don't have the players to keep measured possession and await our chance to slip a pacey striker through - we don't have creative midfielders like that, and we don't have a striker like that.  What we do have is someone who can hold the ball up and bring others into the game.  And he does it well. 

Too many just fall into the tired, retro trap of only looking at his goal tally, when fortunately forwards are judged by more than just that these days.  Again though, as I've always said, if someone comes up who is better, he'll be in the squad instead.

Archived