Gordon Strachan

Elixir

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From memory, Hutchison played up front.

Brown played Boyd at wing back in front of McNamara, long after Boyd was considered too old for that role at club level. That typified the big issue with him. It wasn't as if he totally ignored youth, he just trusted his own history with players more than their club form. We were a squad in transition, and he didn't handle it well. The line that Brown left us with nothing was a very, very damaging view, which led to the view we needed to tear things apart - we didn't need to. We needed a steady transition, which would have set a very decent platform around 2006-2008.

13 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Brown's policy of playing older players yielded very good results unfortunately these players just got old. For euro 2000 we made play offs (unlucky against England)

If by unlucky you mean horsed at Hampden because England tore an unfit Colin Hendry apart every single time they had the ball because Brown made an arse of it by picking him, then you are right.

1 hour ago, Donathan said:

Didn’t Norway have a seriously old c**t last time they were in our group? I’m sure it was his third or fourth spell in charge

Egil Olsen? He's only 75 now.

Fair play to them, but what an eyesore Norway were under him. It was brilliant to see them set out for a goalless draw from the start of their final game at World Cup 94, only for someone to point out to Egil that they were going out with about ten minutes left  :lol:

Strachan's vote for Fifa's mens player of the year award: 1) Modric, 2) Kante, 3) Messi.

Posted this last night. Absolutely disgraceful and sums Strachan up as a useless, antagonistic wee w**k. And that's before you even think about the 'genetic' side of things. Modric and Kante ahead of Ronaldo and Messi [emoji38]

13 hours ago, David W said:

Strachan's vote for Fifa's mens player of the year award: 1) Modric, 2) Kante, 3) Messi.

Poor show from Strachan not towing the line and voting for the usual suspects..... there's no question how good Messi and Ronaldo are but you can make arguements for other players , especially the 2 he chose , personally I think it's good to see someone not afraid to vote for other players.

Poor show from Strachan not towing the line and voting for the usual suspects..... there's no question how good Messi and Ronaldo are but you can make arguements for other players , especially the 2 he chose , personally I think it's good to see someone not afraid to vote for other players.

No you can't. You cannot make an argument for Modric or Kante being better than Messi or Ronaldo. It's ridiculous and it's pure Strachan to vote someone else just because he can.

29 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

No you can't. You cannot make an argument for Modric or Kante being better than Messi or Ronaldo. It's ridiculous and it's pure Strachan to vote someone else just because he can.

I think it's meaningless. If I had a vote to cast, I'd be going for Jim Lauchlan.

35 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

It's about who's had the best season ,not necessarily the best player of the era which sadly the award has become,and as mentioned it's just his opinion 

Archived