Gordon Strachan

Elixir

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

McGhee is currently keeping Barcelona bound left back starlet Tony Gallacher out of a resurgent Falkirk team. If he doesnt get capped its quite honestly a fucking joke.

Totally agree with this. What will be an even bigger joke will be if Alex Smith does not get the Scotland manager's job on a permanent basis on the back of his 100% record in his latest spell as manager.

Jordan McGhee

That's plenty.

It does sound a bit fanciful. I don't recall ever seeing Jordan McGhee so can't comment on him. However, I would have thought the u-21s should be a stepping stone to full international. If we have no intention of letting some u-21s progress, then I'm not sure what the point of selecting them is, other than to fill a jersey.

Is the expectation that once the likes of Jordan McGhee develops he'll leave Falkirk and sign for, say Celtic, and then he'll be good enough for Scotland? Like, for example, Paul Lambert.

The issue of Jordan McGhee's non-selection by Strachan will undoubtedly be one of the first items on the Agenda for the SFA bigwigs to discuss. I can see this bringing things to a head and ultimately leading to the decision not to renew Strachan's contract.

Rightly so, IMO.

2 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

It does sound a bit fanciful. I don't recall ever seeing Jordan McGhee so can't comment on him. However, I would have thought the u-21s should be a stepping stone to full international. If we have no intention of letting some u-21s progress, then I'm not sure what the point of selecting them is, other than to fill a jersey.

Is the expectation that once the likes of Jordan McGhee develops he'll leave Falkirk and sign for, say Celtic, and then he'll be good enough for Scotland? Like, for example, Paul Lambert.

The point i was trying to make is that he has 20 caps for the u21's, you don't get them in one season so he clearly played for the u21's when he was maybe 18

If he isnt good enough to even try giving a cap to, then why play him so much for the u21's potentially in place of someone else who might very well be good enough for future international games

The point i was trying to make is that he has 20 caps for the u21's, you don't get them in one season so he clearly played for the u21's when he was maybe 18
If he isnt good enough to even try giving a cap to, then why play him so much for the u21's potentially in place of someone else who might very well be good enough for future international games

Because there's maybe not/hasn't been a better player than him at that age that can play that position for the under 21s.

It's really not hard to grasp.

Archived