Gordon Strachan

Elixir

4 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

I was firmly in the Strachan GTF camp after the draw against Lithuania and losses to Slovakia and England. However, to give credit where it's due, he's not lost anymore games during a time when we could not afford to lose anymore, and to still be in a position where qualification is in our hands is a good achievement.

Well done on delaying the inevitable Mr Strachan, but cheerio.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GS: Not thinking about future - only players, staff, fans and family. Looking after them.

He should leave, he refuses to play the best players. Not giving Mcginn or McGregor a chance while picking players like Morrison, Phillips, Fletcher etc... just because they play down south!!

His press conference displays perfectly why he has to go.

Blamed genetics because our players aren't big enough. Having spent 2 years saying otherwise, now our players apparently have as much technical ability as any of their opponents.

The worst part is, you know, even he doesn't believe it.

3 minutes ago, King_Of_Kings said:

GS: Not thinking about future - only players, staff, fans and family. Looking after them.

No issue with that. If he said anything else folk would have a go for him making the news conference about him.

As discussed earlier in the thread: everyone who was singing 'One Gordon Strachan' in Gibraltar is responsible for the failure of this campaign.

Nonsense.

You're presuming the person we got on would've done better. That's an assumption that simply doesn't stand up to much scrutiny.

His press conference displays perfectly why he has to go.
Blamed genetics because our players aren't big enough.

What has genetics and height got to do with them passing us off the park for most of the second half?
What has it got to do with us lumping aimless long balls out of our half and giving up possession to a good team that we clearly underestimated.

Strachan's press conference was once more ridiculous.

Senseless garbage that isn't only insulting; it also betrays a striking inability to offer any kind of meaningful analysis.  We've heard that shite about looking after his players (who do it for nothing) and their families, before.

The stuff about genetics was mindblowingly stupid.  He's an imbecile.

We were 4th seeds, we came 3rd. Have we really failed?

Definitely not. As in any tournament, there will be arguments about when to bring in new starts. This has been the most uplifting campaign for years. Our squad is getting better and more experienced, and we are in the best place we've been, in terms of the likelihood of future qualification, for a long time.
Say WGS stays. Does anybody really think McGinn and McGregor will not feature regularly? Would you have started either tonight? I know I wouldn't.
And, on a good run of results, why not use the subs who've worked for you so far?
That said, how we didn't manage to cuff a deid side in a - for them - dead rubber will haunt me for a long time to come. But only because I'm Scottish. And at nearly 60 year old, I should really be inured to it.
Finally, somebody - please - talk me through the wunderkind waiting in the wings to take this group of players further than the wee fella did.
Sorry. Forgot about Mcletme afftheleish-and-I'll-take-the-first-offer-I-get.
He's an annoying, carnaptious wee b*****d at times, but he's our carnaptious wee b*****d.

Archived