East Region South Division Thread 2016/2017

Burnie_man

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I see Rosyth's main striker, Tam Hampson, has moved to Hill of Beath, big hole to fill, a good striker.

Top notch striker burnie man but tam wanted to try at a higher level and hopefully it works out for him.

On Monday, August 22, 2016 at 13:41, Burnie_man said:

Two men red carded in the first half, that's some going.

Rosyth still play where they always have, played Craigroyston there. Not sure them moving to a new ground is anywhere close to happening.

And they fought to the end gave us a bit of a fright.Two poor tackles for the first sending off but think the conditions played a part in them and a last man tackle from the oldest man (38) on the park.West Calder are no pushovers especially at home and will take points of a few of the sides challenging at the top

10 hours ago, number4 said:

Top notch striker burnie man but tam wanted to try at a higher level and hopefully it works out for him.

Scored for HoB in last night's friendly at Thornton.Reckon he will score a good few more at HoB 

Scored for HoB in last night's friendly at Thornton.Reckon he will score a good few more at HoB 

I agree,one of the most natural finishers I have seen and works really hard in training and helps that he is a lefty [emoji2]

6 hours ago, pumphy_man said:

West Calder are no pushovers especially at home and will take points of a few of the sides challenging at the top

You hope :whistle

They already have anyway, beating Edinburgh Utd 2-1.

Blackburn United v Edinburgh United
Crossgates Primrose v Craigroyston
Dunbar United v Kirkcaldy YM
Livingston United v Easthouses Lily
Lochgelly Albert v West Calder United
Rosyth v Pumpherston Juniors
Stoneyburn Juniors v Oakley United

Game of the day at New Murrayfield Park this week (first time any of the top 5 have played each other), also a couple of other interesting match-ups at Lochgelly and Rosyth. Dunbar look favourites for the three points at home.

Blackburn United v Edinburgh United
Crossgates Primrose v Craigroyston
Dunbar United v Kirkcaldy YM
Livingston United v Easthouses Lily
Lochgelly Albert v West Calder United
Rosyth v Pumpherston Juniors
Stoneyburn Juniors v Oakley United

Game of the day at New Murrayfield Park this week (first time any of the top 5 have played each other), also a couple of other interesting match-ups at Lochgelly and Rosyth. Dunbar look favourites for the three points at home.

Neck on the block time!

Blackburn
Dunbar
Lochgelly
Pumphy

All to win

Blackburn United 2 Edinburgh United 0. Andy McQuillan with two second half goals.

Wasn't able to make Bankies game today so headed along to watch this one today as I live just down the road. Not a great game but Blackburn were well worth the points - Edinburgh were poor and resorted to long balls for much of the game and their midfield was virtually anonymous. Thought Blackburn's #10 had a fine game.

Smashing set up at New Murrayfield Park and a fantastic match day programme - well done to all involved in its production- was nice to see my old PE teacher Billy Henderson in the team photo from 80-81!

All the best to Blackburn for the rest of the season!

Rosyth 0 Pumpherston  6

A hatrick from striker Ally Mcritchie  and strikes from Zander Murray Barry Nicholson  and header from Gary McLachlan  gave Pumphy all 3 points. 

Shocked at that score,Pumpherston must have a really good team this year

On Saturday, August 27, 2016 at 20:02, number4 said:

Shocked at that score,Pumpherston must have a really good team this year

I guess your not at Rosyth anymore number4.Yeah we've a decent side throughout the side our big keeper pulled off a couple of cracking saves when we we 2.0 up. We hit the post and bar during game.Rosyth had chances but finishing was poor.

I guess your not at Rosyth anymore number4.Yeah we've a decent side throughout the side our big keeper pulled off a couple of cracking saves when we we 2.0 up.Our striker Zander missed an open goal and we hit the post and bar during game.Rosyth had chances but finishing was poor.

No mate I have moved on to Dundonald, no offence to yourself but Rosyth have still got a really good team and was genuinely surprised with the score ,I know you have picked up from last season but didn't see a 6 nil result in this game,after this result you must be thinking your a title contender

4 hours ago, Kilbowie's Finest said:

Wasn't able to make Bankies game today so headed along to watch this one today as I live just down the road. Not a great game but Blackburn were well worth the points - Edinburgh were poor and resorted to long balls for much of the game and their midfield was virtually anonymous. Thought Blackburn's #10 had a fine game.

Smashing set up at New Murrayfield Park and a fantastic match day programme - well done to all involved in its production- was nice to see my old PE teacher Billy Henderson in the team photo from 80-81!

All the best to Blackburn for the rest of the season!

Glad you enjoyed your visit, Billy Henderson was part of our first few seasons in Junior football, he even had a spell managing us. Were you at the Bankies first ever Junior Cup game? that was over on our old ground behind the enclosure, in 2003.

No.10 was Danny Campbell and he did have a good game. Thought the first half was fairly even and uneventful, but second half we got a grip of the game and ended up deserved winners. They are a big strong team, but they seem to rely too much on big diagonal balls to their front men and long throw-ins for their giants to feed off. I wonder if Callum Elliot learned that at Hearts! Their No.14 was a giant, but in this league they'll win more than they'll lose.

Archived