East Region South Division Thread 2016/2017

Burnie_man

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ym 1 Lochgelly 1. Even 1st half with ym going in 1 nil up from a drive from the edge of the box. Lochgelly piled on the pressure in 2nd half and eventually equalised from a super free kick from last season's ym player of the year. Ym could have nicked it in the last 5 with a 1 on 1.

21 minutes ago, budgie smuggler said:

I wish I was a betting man!!!

Don't beat yourself up too much Budgie. £1 would have got you £5.78 total return. One match ticket and maybe a cup of tea ;)
However, if you'd thrown in the draw with Lochgelly/Kirkcaldy .....

Craigroyston 1-2 Blackburn United

Boggie penalty for home team, McQuillan and Lawrie (pen) for Burnie.

Not the best performance by a long stretch, but three points.

How have craigroyston started in the juniors? Is the gap big between the Eos and juniors??

1 hour ago, Duns Fan said:

How have craigroyston started in the juniors? Is the gap big between the Eos and juniors??

From what I have seen of Easthouses last season and Craigroyston yesterday, there isn't too much difference between South Division and decent EoS clubs.

Haven't seen Leith or LTHV to judge them and whether they may compete at Premier level, although Easthouses were EoS runners-up two seasons ago before the switch and finished mid table in the South Division last season.

If lthv have the same team as last season then they could easily compete at Premier level, they destroyed Kelty in the Scottish cup game, went on to beat Montrose as well.

Anything can happen in the Scottish though.... Anything

32 minutes ago, Duns Fan said:

Cheers burnie lad

Have not seen any team from the south juniors play so cant comment on how leith or lothian would do but a would imagine they would hold their own. Even Tynecastle in the mix??

I think we'll find out sooner rather than later, I really can't see the East of Scotland League lasting much longer, the only thing it offers to Leith Athletic and LTHV is Scottish Cup participation for the league winners. Neither will go up to the Lowland League as they wont be licenced anytime soon, and their nearest challengers Tynecastle aren't licenced either, realistically nobody else is going to win the league. If two or more clubs jump ship to the Juniors or withdraw next season then the viability of the league comes into question so maybe we'll get "unity" of the leagues sometime soon.

I think we'll find out sooner rather than later, I really can't see the East of Scotland League lasting much longer, the only thing it offers to Leith Athletic and LTHV is Scottish Cup participation for the league winners. Neither will go up to the Lowland League as they wont be licenced anytime soon, and their nearest challengers Tynecastle aren't licenced either, realistically nobody else is going to win the league. If two or more clubs jump ship to the Juniors or withdraw next season then the viability of the league comes into question so maybe we'll get "unity" of the leagues sometime soon.

Only matter of when not if imo. Duns shot themselves in the foot demoting back to the border ams. Interesting few years ahead i reckon.

YM 1-1 Lochgelly

felt it was probably a fair result. YM took lead through D.Byrne half volley, great finish. Lochgelly had majority of possession throughout the whole match but never really threatened that often. They did equalise from a direct free kick, good finish from the boy. YM keeper made a world class save from a header just before it that looked in all the way and somehow managed to claw it out. YM then had a 1 on 1 late on after Berts keeper got caught on the ball, he done really well to recover from it and make the save though. Overall YM prob happier with the point but gutted to have lost a goal late on. YM management got tactics spot on but Lochgelly will bounce back and hopefully challenge for top 2 spots. 

Totally agree Wull, good game to play in-even better getting the goal[emoji1360]albeit under the cosh for the majority of the game but thought we defended very well and still looked dangerous on the break. Especially with 20 to go as Lochgelly must've had 3/4 strikers on the park and were chucking men forward! Personally think a draw was probably a fair result aswell. Still think Lochgelly have a very good side and will have a massive say in where the title ends up but not sure if they have enough to win it.

Archived