East Region South Division Thread 2016/2017

Burnie_man

Rosyth had most of the possession but did not carve out the chances they should have. Your centre half was fantastic and you were dangerous on the break that is very true. Rosyth were holding on for the last 10 minutes and I was glad when the final whistle went. I certainly did not mean to imply that this was a one sided game, anything but.

Fair reflection[emoji1360]

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Ian McG said:

I rarely post on this forum as I quite simply don't want to be misquoted or misunderstood. It happens,sadly.

However, as President of my Club I want and really need to place on record my absolute admiration for our opponents this afternoon. Like ourselves, Dunbar have progressively built a promotion challenging team that has become a promotion winning team. No shortcuts, simply hard work on all fronts.

A previous poster mocked my team, my Club, re champagne we couldn't use today. He's right, we couldn't.....but I was glad to pass it to Dunbar's President and ask him to crack it open when they win the league as I suspect they now will.

We - Blackburn United - have worked tremendously hard on and off the park to get to where we are today and are delighted we will be a Premier League side next season. However, there's no hiding today was a huge disappointment, but that's tempered by acknowledging that a team who have worked every bit as hard as we have are about to earn their just reward.

Congratulations Dunbar United and see you in the Premier League.

Whos been making Shortcuts Ian?

14 hours ago, Ian McG said:

I rarely post on this forum as I quite simply don't want to be misquoted or misunderstood. It happens,sadly.

However, as President of my Club I want and really need to place on record my absolute admiration for our opponents this afternoon. Like ourselves, Dunbar have progressively built a promotion challenging team that has become a promotion winning team. No shortcuts, simply hard work on all fronts.

A previous poster mocked my team, my Club, re champagne we couldn't use today. He's right, we couldn't.....but I was glad to pass it to Dunbar's President and ask him to crack it open when they win the league as I suspect they now will.

We - Blackburn United - have worked tremendously hard on and off the park to get to where we are today and are delighted we will be a Premier League side next season. However, there's no hiding today was a huge disappointment, but that's tempered by acknowledging that a team who have worked every bit as hard as we have are about to earn their just reward.

Congratulations Dunbar United and see you in the Premier League.

Ian,a very nice and courteous comment and gesture in handing over the champagne. But you should have opened it anyway as you have deservedly been promoted.  

3 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Disappointed at the result yesterday, I felt that we were the better team second half and deserved at least a share of the points, we failed to covert our chances (and a great save by the Dunbar keeper at the death) but that's the way football goes, although I'd like to hear the explanation from the referee how he can give an indirect free kick in the box for handball.  Only our fifth league defeat over two seasons.

However congratulations to Dunbar, a worthy addition to the Premier League next season, the two best footballing teams in the Division are going up. Commiserations to Pumpherston and Lochgelly who made this season one of the most competitive ever. In any other season the title and promotion would have long since been decided but it was impossible to get any breathing space at the top such was the quality. As predicted, it went right to the wire.......

Bring on the Premier League :)

Hard lines Burnie,I didnt think it was a good game,it all came to life in the last 15. First time this season that I have seen, Dunbar not creating many chances. Both defences showed why they have conceded the least goals and I didnt know it was for handball the indirect free kick but I have to agree if its handball,its a penalty and yes the save at the end from Jinky was out of this world. Our keeper has had a day to remember  that save and a penalty save and is largely responsible for us winning yesterday, but for me I felt our two CHs were also excellent and of course Gibson got the goal. Its a team game and without doubt our defence has been outstanding all season,we have also scored 85 league goals with two games to go,Pumphy have got 95 goals and it just shows how well the three of us have done this season. On to the next game and looking to keep the run going. You deserved promotion and on another day it might have been a different story. Good luck in the Premier.

Great season for the South! Thoroughly enjoyed coming to watch many games and attended the Blackburn vs Dunbar.

Here's hoping they keep key players and make a mark next season in the prem.

As for the standouts, big McQuillan from Blackburn tremendous finisher with youngys service it's a given, Dunbar for me the winger Handling great feet and pace (helps with kingy in the team). Pumphy everything goes through the wee man baz and murray up top joy to watch. Gelly it's the striker Elder and the man mountain cb.

Anyway as a neutral thoroughly enjoyed the season!! All the best for 16/17

10 hours ago, Junioreastconnossieur said:

Great season for the South! Thoroughly enjoyed coming to watch many games and attended the Blackburn vs Dunbar.

Here's hoping they keep key players and make a mark next season in the prem.

As for the standouts, big McQuillan from Blackburn tremendous finisher with youngys service it's a given, Dunbar for me the winger Holding great feet and pace (helps with kingy in the team). Pumphy everything goes through the wee man baz and murray up top joy to watch. Gelly it's the striker Elder and the man mountain cb.

Anyway as a neutral thoroughly enjoyed the season!! All the best for 16/17

I take it you mean Handling . The young boy has had an excellent season and has scored a few goals as well but as a regular ,I would say our defence has been the difference this season.

I take it you mean Handling . The young boy has had an excellent season and has scored a few goals as well but as a regular ,I would say our defence has been the difference this season.

Apologies, agreed but the few times I've seen Dunbar the back four has been different. Credit to yous for building a strong team.

On 5/1/2017 at 09:33, Junioreastconnossieur said:

Apologies, agreed but the few times I've seen Dunbar the back four has been different. Credit to yous for building a strong team.

Back to league business again tomorrow and good luck to Dunbar . I said last week i didnt care how we got the points and the same stands for tomorrow at Livvy. Never easy to get over the final hurdle, look at how disappointed Blackburn were last week,one things for sure,Livvy will do their damndest to make it as difficult as possible cos just like us last week,they wont want a team from the East winning anything on their patch. Chances to win something dont come around too often and this is now the biggest game of the season for us. Keep the good run going.  

43 minutes ago, imho said:

Really.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done to everyone at Dunbar United,players,coaching staff and committee. It has been a pleasure following them this season,when you consider where we were before the new committee and Geoff came in, it is nothing short of remarkable and with no backer to win the league. There is still one game to go but the league has been wrapped up in emphatic style  with another nap away from home. Enjoy the celebrations, you all deserve it. 

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

Congratulations to Dunbar United on being crowned League Champions today, well deserved.

I think both of us will do fine in the Premier League next season.

Here's hoping. But both teams should enjoy the moment. There wasn't much between us but we hit a really good run at just the right time.   

Congratulations to Dunbar United on winning the league this afternoon.Great bunch of guys down there on the committee.They've had a fantastic finish to the season.Good luck next season guys and to Blackburn as well in the Premier fingers crossed we join youz next season. 

2 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Congratulations to Dunbar United on being crowned League Champions today, well deserved.

I think both of us will do fine in the Premier League next season.

You know, I think you will . I'll add my congrats here and also say it'll be good to lock horns with  both of you again. Oh, and any odds for all 4 East Lothian Junior clubs being in the same division next year?

Pumpherston 1 Lochgelly 1

Typical end of season game not much to write home about in a goaless first half.Pumpherston got on the score sheet midway through the first half a great cross into the box found Barry Nicholson in space to slide the ball home from 8 yards.The goal was shortlived as Lochgelly were awarded a penalty 10 minutes later which sent the keeper the wrong way for the equaliser.That Nicholson meant that we have scored in every game including cup ties this season.

Well done to Dunbar for winning the South league today. Third season in a row that an East Lothian team has gained promotion to the Premier League.

Great day all round with Dunbar getting promotion, Tranent making the semi final of the Fife and Lothian cup, and Musselburgh drawing with Linlithgow to maintain our chances of staying in the Super League next year.

All best to Dunbar for next season.

Archived