East Region South Division Thread 2016/2017

Burnie_man

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/26/2017 at 12:50, Desperate Bamstik said:

Neil Hastings .....is that the ginger haired laddie that played centre back for you a couple of years ago ? He looked a really good player the couple of times I saw him. Just a pity for you it might be too late in the day.

Good to see Dunbar coasting at Oakley . Burnie struggled by the sounds of things , are they about to bottle it with 4 games to go ? I've a wee sneaky feeling they will bottle it and Pumphy will get second place behind us . Just a feeling I have , nothing more . (how do I get those smiley face things?).

I cant remember the boy, did you see him playing against Dunbar a couple of years ago or elsewhere.? Dunbar result maybe gives the impression that they coasted, but it wasnt really like that, the playing surface looked terrible and Dunbar adapted better but Oakley are having problems with players according to a boy I was talking to. No like number 4 not to come on and give his slant on the game. We didnt have Handling or Gillon and another good win keeps us right on the tails of Pumphy.

1 hour ago, imho said:

I cant remember the boy, did you see him playing against Dunbar a couple of years ago or elsewhere.? Dunbar result maybe gives the impression that they coasted, but it wasnt really like that, the playing surface looked terrible and Dunbar adapted better but Oakley are having problems with players according to a boy I was talking to. No like number 4 not to come on and give his slant on the game. We didnt have Handling or Gillon and another good win keeps us right on the tails of Pumphy.

I'm sure Lee number 4 will be on to give us his view but he's not having much luck player wise with injuries.

I'm sure Lee number 4 will be on to give us his view but he's not having much luck player wise with injuries.

Sorry gents,been to busy trying to get players in, thought Dunbar scored 4 offside goals against us on Saturday to sneak the win[emoji85]even the pen[emoji23]
To be honest we defended well for 30 mins but once sam young scored it was easy street for them,conceded another 2 before half time,1 being a softish pen but to be honest we didn't trouble Dunbar at all the first half and they played some good stuff the first half.second half we came into it a bit more but without looking like we would score,Dunbar scored a 30 yarder for the 4th and it was game over,Blackburn the most clinical team we have played but Dunbar definitely will go up this season as they are well organised and full of seasoned junior players where as us at the moment are having to play kids because of horrendous injury list at the moment,hopefully we have 4 back this weekend and see us looking like a team again.sorry pumphyman but Dunbar and Blackburn for promotion for me

10 minutes ago, number4 said:

Sorry gents,been to busy trying to get players in, thought Dunbar scored 4 offside goals against us on Saturday to sneak the winemoji85.pngeven the penemoji23.png
To be honest we defended well for 30 mins but once sam young scored it was easy street for them,conceded another 2 before half time,1 being a softish pen but to be honest we didn't trouble Dunbar at all the first half and they played some good stuff the first half.second half we came into it a bit more but without looking like we would score,Dunbar scored a 30 yarder for the 4th and it was game over,Blackburn the most clinical team we have played but Dunbar definitely will go up this season as they are well organised and full of seasoned junior players where as us at the moment are having to play kids because of horrendous injury list at the moment,hopefully we have 4 back this weekend and see us looking like a team again.sorry pumphyman but Dunbar and Blackburn for promotion for me

as usual an honest opinion of the game and we all hope you can get it sorted. As for going up,Blackburn will not drop 7 points, and for me they are certs to go up this season, been knocking on the door for a wee while ,and the table doesnt lie. As for Pumphy, I can only see the Lochgelly game being  the one that might cause them trouble but I fancy them to win their remaining games, so for us, its as its been for months, try to keep pace with the team above and try to keep the winning run going for as long as possible and hopefully get promotion. The manager has assembled a good squad and there is a good mix and a good atmosphere around the place now. I have thoroughly enjoyed this season and hope it ends well,  I have seen a couple of premier league games this season and I feel that the teams that I have seen , we are every bit as good as them,but only 2 go up and 1 of us will be gutted. However with the reorg proposals, who knows, we all might be in the same league anyway.

3 hours ago, number4 said:

Sorry gents,been to busy trying to get players in, thought Dunbar scored 4 offside goals against us on Saturday to sneak the winemoji85.pngeven the penemoji23.png

I Lee saw your team sheet from saturday you must have had about 5 unsigned players are you trying to tie these guys up till end of season.Transfer window closes on friday. Ross Colquhoun got back quicker than I thought,I thought he'd be out for rest of season.

Here's the up to date run in:

Blackburn Utd:

Home: Crossgates                               

Away:West Calder, Dunbar, Lochgelly

Possible 2 wins for Automatic promotion 4 wins league.

Pumpherston:

Home: Crossgates, Lochgelly, Rosyth

Away: Stoneyburn

Possibly need to win all 4 games and Dunbar lose at least 7 points to gain promotion. 

Dunbar Utd:

Home: Blackburn, Craigroyston, Edinburgh

Away: Lochgelly, Crossgates, Livingston

Win all games win the league or 15 points for possible promotion.

Lochgelly Albert:

Home: Livingston,  Blackburn, Dunbar, Edinburgh, Rosyth, Stoneyburn

Away: Pumpherston, Crossgates, West Calder

Still have a chance of promotion lots of permatations.

I Lee saw your team sheet from saturday you must have had about 5 unsigned players are you trying to tie these guys up till end of season.Transfer window closes on friday. Ross Colquhoun got back quicker than I thought,I thought he'd be out for rest of season.

Only got 4 games left and all the boys I have used are from U17s and U19s so can play them as trialists if needed and my goalie coach isn't signed for anybody so I am fine there,big ross was only on the team line to make the bench look better,he trained on Monday but is still no quite right yet,mibbie this week for the big man

On 3/28/2017 at 23:44, pumphy_man said:

Here's the up to date run in:

Blackburn Utd:

Home: Crossgates                               

Away:West Calder, Dunbar, Lochgelly

Possible 2 wins for Automatic promotion 4 wins league.

Pumpherston:

Home: Crossgates, Lochgelly, Rosyth

Away: Stoneyburn

Possibly need to win all 4 games and Dunbar lose at least 7 points to gain promotion. 

Dunbar Utd:

Home: Blackburn, Craigroyston, Edinburgh

Away: Lochgelly, Crossgates, Livingston

Win all games win the league or 15 points for possible promotion.

Lochgelly Albert:

Home: Livingston,  Blackburn, Dunbar, Edinburgh, Rosyth, Stoneyburn

Away: Pumpherston, Crossgates, West Calder

Still have a chance of promotion lots of permatations.

a lot of ifs and buts and maybes, but means that there are some really cracking games ahead and just what you want at the end of a season. 

7 hours ago, imho said:

a lot of ifs and buts and maybes, but means that there are some really cracking games ahead and just what you want at the end of a season. 

Pumphy have a free week on 22nd April leaving us just Lochgelly to play however we all Blackburn Dunbar and us still have to play them.

Kyle Miller has left the club to join his former club Livingston Utd also  Bismark Ansong and Gary McLachlan have left the club recently.

Pumphy have a free week on 22nd April leaving us just Lochgelly to play however we all Blackburn Dunbar and us still have to play them.
Kyle Miller has left the club to join his former club Livingston Utd also  Bismark Ansong and Gary McLachlan have left the club recently.

Where has Gary gone? Was he not the captain of the club?

Pumpherston 4 Crossgates 3

Pumpherston opened the scoring after nine minutes from a strike from Barry Nicholson on the edge of the box,six minutes later Ally Mcritchie headed home number two from a corner kick.Crossgates pulled one back shortly after Stephen Stark reducing the lead.Crossgates equalised on 68 minutes from Stark again and rook the lead on 75 minutes from Devaney,However Pumphy drew level three minutes later from a Craig Hepburn strike from 12 yards.Crossgates were reduced to 10 men on 82 minutes Carroll receiving his second yellow card.Pumpherston snatched the winner on 85 minutes in this end to end match ,Mcritchie found room in the box and smashed home the winner to win the points in a tough match.First Programme of the season went down well hopefully have another one next week.

Archived