East Region South Division Thread 2016/2017

Burnie_man

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All best to Dunbar Utd in the Scottish Junior cup today against Benburb. Hope it's a double today for East Lothian, along with Haddington against the Peasy!

Then if The Burgh win next week at KRR, all three in the next round would be fantastic.

4 hours ago, Andre Linoge said:

3-2 to The Burnie, score prediction..

I hope you had money on it.

0-2 down early doors via a debut goal from Ross Elliot and a cracking strike from Barry Nicholson, the first half was fairly poor from Burnie. Second half we came out looking to get right back into it and after 90 seconds we were with a John Drummond header, on 58 minutes Andy McQuillan scored a cracking 20 yarder and two minutes later headed home a cross from close range to take the lead which we rarely looked like losing.

In the end it could have been more with a few gilt edged chances missed and some good goalkeeping, we'll take it though.

216 through the gate as well, biggest crowd for a league game for a long time.

5 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I hope you had money on it.

0-2 down early doors via a debut goal from Ross Elliot and a cracking strike from Barry Nicholson, the first half was fairly poor from Burnie. Second half we came out looking to get right back into it and after 90 seconds we were with a John Drummond header, on 58 minutes Andy McQuillan scored a cracking 20 yarder and two minutes later headed home a cross from close range to take the lead which we rarely looked like losing.

In the end it could have been more with a few gilt edged chances missed and some good goalkeeping, we'll take it though.

I wish I had money on it, Yeah agree never at the races first half and Big Connor never impressed me at Blackburn when he was there, and took a week to try to get down to Andy's shot.

22 hours ago, pumphy_man said:

Score Draw

Was at the Blackburn pumphy game today!! What a game for a neutral Deary me! 

First half Pumphy's number 9 causing all sorts of problems he won't be there long great player. And what a finish from the wee man centre mid from them to make it 2-0. 

Second half table turned and Blackburn showed why they are sitting top of the table with the left winger and number 9 causing problems for the pumphy defence.  Blackburns number 9 McQuillan great finish and 3-2 winners.

For it being the south division, great standard and brilliant end to end football. Not seen much but these two really look like promotion contenders and most definetly could challenge in the prem. 

3 hours ago, Pistol88 said:

Dunbar 3-1 Benburb 

Sam Young, Scott Gibson, Dean Ballantyne 

Good result for Dunbar today but they didnt play as well as they are capable of.and the main reason they are in the next round is due to the return to form of Sam Young.   Good to see him back in the fold and giving Benburb a hard time , these are the type of games that all players should want to play in, but  I think the manager called it right by bringing him back and lets hope he can replicate it in the league.. Cracking crowd as well . Well done to all at Dunbar

Blackburn 3 Pumpherston 2

Game of two halves didn't start well but took the lead Debutant Ross Elliot poking home from a Zander Murray cross into the box.Pumphy doubled there lead with a cracking strike from 20 yards from Barry Nicholson,pumphy had a couple of chances to increase the lead that came back to bite them on the backside.The second was only two minutes gone when John Drummond headed home from a corner.Blackburn equalised on 58 minutes  from a stunning strike from top scorer Andy McQuillan  from 20 yards, two minutes the big man header home the third goal to complete the scoring. Both had chances to add to their tallyies,Pumphys  Jack Mclaren nearly snatched a late equaliser finding room on the edge of the edge but drilled his shot wide of the post.Onwards and upwards for Pumphy with another tough tie against fourth place Lochgelly next week.

Well done to Dunbar reaching the next round of the Scottish cup. 

A free scoring pumphy to give burnie man problems with his calculator 
IMG_0917.JPG

Can only imagine there was a bit of a smarty pants response wrapped up in this post?!

For the second time in two head to head encounters Blackburn took everything Pumpherston had to offer, absorbed it and came out swinging (to continue the boxing analogy - apologies!), scoring some terrific goals and, in truth, scorning some well created chances that would have put some thoroughly deserved daylight between the teams.

Pumpherston really are excellent going forward, a real handful that in this league next to no one can handle.....but Blackburn can, and then some. All credit to Mark, Jamie and the players.....but hard work still awaits if ultimate success is to be achieved.

Oakley 4 lochgelly 2 we should have been 3 down after 30 mins but then turned it around to go in 2-1 up at ht,goals from Greame moore, second half lochgelly got a penalty and our centre half got 2 yellows and was off, 2-2 then we rode our luck but also upped our game and finished the stronger with a goal from Derick Murray,then at the end we got a pen and lochgelly got a man sent off harshly in my opinion,lee Celentano scored the 4th.

8 hours ago, 12 Angry Men said:

Can only imagine there was a bit of a smarty pants response wrapped up in this post?!

For the second time in two head to head encounters Blackburn took everything Pumpherston had to offer, absorbed it and came out swinging (to continue the boxing analogy - apologies!), scoring some terrific goals and, in truth, scorning some well created chances that would have put some thoroughly deserved daylight between the teams.

Pumpherston really are excellent going forward, a real handful that in this league next to no one can handle.....but Blackburn can, and then some. All credit to Mark, Jamie and the players.....but hard work still awaits if ultimate success is to be achieved.

Hmm sorry as a neutral your rubbing salt in the wounds here, first half Blackburn nearly lost it.. your boys lost their discipline at times and if the third went in it could of been over. 

Wouldn't exactly say you absorbed the first half, your defence wanted nothing to do with that number 9 Zander. But second half all you had to do was nullify him you did so.. champions performance second half 100%. 

Hmm sorry as a neutral your rubbing salt in the wounds here, first half Blackburn nearly lost it.. your boys lost their discipline at times and if the third went in it could of been over. 

Wouldn't exactly say you absorbed the first half, your defence wanted nothing to do with that number 9 Zander. But second half all you had to do was nullify him you did so.. champions performance second half 100%. 

Apologies, that was far from my intention. I'm some what of a neutral too, but haven't hidden in previous posts my leanings towards Blackburn as they are the closest Junior side to where I presently live.

For this level of football, I thought it was a great game between two excellent sides with differing strengths but, in my opinion, one proved to be just that bit better than the other over this and a previous 90 minutes. "Nearly", "could" and "if" is often the language of teams that lose and, to be fair, can often be justifiable but it's also what makes the difference, Pumpherston nearly won, Blackburn did.

Oh yes, and I certainly didn't see any loss of discipline - from either side, both of whom can be proud of what they served up and, for the most part, the sporting manner in which they did so. Great value for a fiver!

7 hours ago, Junioreastconnossieur said:

The boy Zander is a class act. Ran the show against Dunbar a couple of weeks ago. 

20 hours ago, imho said:

Good result for Dunbar today but they didnt play as well as they are capable of.and the main reason they are in the next round is due to the return to form of Sam Young.   Good to see him back in the fold and giving Benburb a hard time , these are the type of games that all players should want to play in, but  I think the manager called it right by bringing him back and lets hope he can replicate it in the league.. Cracking crowd as well . Well done to all at Dunbar

It was great to see such a good crowd yesterday. We were far from our best I'll agree. Benburb were a good outfit and didn't allow Dunbar much time on the ball with their pressing. Ground it out and Sam Young does deserve recognition for a very good performance. Hoping for a home tie in round 5.

Zander Murray wont be at this level long, caused us all sorts of problems first half, but credit to the management for sorting this at HT, he never saw much of the ball from then on in, and we came back and beat them.  Great also to see over 200 through the gate, biggest crowd for a league game for as long as I can remember.

Pumphy v Berts next week, and this is a must win game for the visitors if it's to remain a 4 way race for promotion, lose that game and you'd have to say it's between Blackburn, Pumphy and Dunbar.

Burnie away to Edinburgh, Dunbar at home to West Calder.

Zander Murray wont be at this level long, caused us all sorts of problems first half, but credit to the management for sorting this at HT, he never saw much of the ball from then on in, and we came back and beat them.  Great also to see over 200 through the gate, biggest crowd for a league game for as long as I can remember.
Pumphy v Berts next week, and this is a must win game for the visitors if it's to remain a 4 way race for promotion, lose that game and you'd have to say it's between Blackburn, Pumphy and Dunbar.
Burnie away to Edinburgh, Dunbar at home to West Calder.

Have to agree with you mate.the boy zander is pumphy best player by a country mile.big move on the cards if he keeps playing well.

Archived