Burnie_man

East Region South Division Thread 2016/2017

935 posts in this topic

Blackburn United 4 Easthouses Lily 0
As comfortable as it sounds, Spence opened the scoring after half an hour and Lily almost equalised but for a great save from Gavin McQuillan. Second half Blackburn dominated and two early goals from Chris Marshall and Andy McQuillan won the game with Swan finishing off the scoring which could have been more but for a couple of great saves from the Easthouses keeper.

How long will u keep hold of swanny? The lads a class apart.. no very pacy though

Pumpherston 3 Dunbar 0

Three first half's goals from Jack Mclaren  Zander Murray and Mark Wilkins gave Pumphy a well deserved win.However keeper Connor Shaw pulled off a few fantastic saves at crucial points during the game to keep a clean sheet against a team that doesn't leak many goals.A very good performance from the Pumphy boys today.Missing in action today was top scorer Ally Mcritchie who failed a late fitness test,hopefully be available next week against Crossgates at home.

Edited by pumphy_man

Edinburgh Utd 3 - 6 West Calder

Great result for any team coming away from here with 3 points and scoring 6 goals.

Never got off to a good start after going down 1 nil to the home team but the boss made a couple of changes then we started to play. 

In a game that had maybe a couple of bad tackles there must have been 8 or 9 guys seen the yellow card and possible Edinburgh No 5 seeing it twice! I was sure he had his name taken in the first half and again after the break but as the ref was throwing them about like a man wi 8 arms then possibly I got it wrong.

Anyway a few really good performances from West Calder  on a very difficult park and 3 more points. Well done guys! 

5 hours ago, The Doctor 46 said:

Edinburgh Utd 3 - 6 West Calder

Great result for any team coming away from here with 3 points and scoring 6 goals.

Never got off to a good start after going down 1 nil to the home team but the boss made a couple of changes then we started to play. 

In a game that had maybe a couple of bad tackles there must have been 8 or 9 guys seen the yellow card and possible Edinburgh No 5 seeing it twice! I was sure he had his name taken in the first half and again after the break but as the ref was throwing them about like a man wi 8 arms then possibly I got it wrong.

Anyway a few really good performances from West Calder  on a very difficult park and 3 more points. Well done guys! 

West Calder are putting in a decent run of results together  just now.

Edited by pumphy_man

Long range forecast not looking good for Friday/Saturday.........

How long will u keep hold of swanny? The lads a class apart.. no very pacy though

Noticed he's still down on the list for the Scottish amatuer selection trials.

3 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Long range forecast not looking good for Friday/Saturday.........

Do you mean the weather or maybe your trialist being unavailable.

3 hours ago, imho said:

Do you mean the weather or maybe your trialist being unavailable.

The weather is more of a concern, it gets cauld in Lochgelly this time of year.

56 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

The weather is more of a concern, it gets cauld in Lochgelly this time of year.

Would have switch it but I think you already played Lochgelly at home.Am I correct. Is it frost or snow forecast for weekend?

9 hours ago, pumphy_man said:

Would have switch it but I think you already played Lochgelly at home.Am I correct. Is it frost or snow forecast for weekend?

snow and wind forecast.   down the coast , parks are usually lucky and avoid the worst and are most times playable, and given that all east lothian clubs are away from home this weekend, would it not make sense for any clubs wanting a game, to pre arrange a fixture with these clubs, just in case. Obviously depends on the weather .

11 hours ago, pumphy_man said:

I think all clubs have now played everyone else at least once, so no option for switching venues.

I think all clubs have now played everyone else at least once, so no option for switching venues.

We haven't played Kirkcaldy yet but I bet it won't get changed to Oakley if it's off at Kirkcaldy

South league this season (along with the north) must be the best it's been in terms of challengers since it started. Anyone from 3 teams in with a chance of winning it never mind gaining promotion. With superleague being won at a canter then it might possibly generate more interest towards end of season too. 

We haven't played Kirkcaldy yet but I bet it won't get changed to Oakley if it's off at Kirkcaldy

Donno why we wouldn't change it!

Donno why we wouldn't change it!

You haven't met our Groundsman

Friendly, Blackburn United 4 Dunipace 1

Does anyone know if any of the clubs in this league are looking for players at the moment? Looking to get back into football and I enjoyed my short spell at this level last time out.

Ross, I doubt any club at this level would turn you away if you contacted them and asked to train.  Clubs are always open to looking at new players.